Marijuana In Teenage Users

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Mime59, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Why are you all ganging up on afex just because he believes there might be reasons for young people not to imbibe cannabis? The OP wanted links to studies that, according to the scientific method, prove weed is bad for teenagers. I apologize to them since I don't have links, but it's true. Young peoples' brains are not fully developed until the age of ~25. Until then, brain cells are still forming the synaptic web and the neurotransmitters are still learning to... transmit. Cannabis is an antiproliferative: it attacks cells that are undergoing rapid development and reproduction. This is why weed has such enormous potential for tumour inhibition and cancer control. It's partially why I use it: the possibilities for Crohn's disease to cause tremendous inflammation and polyp growth is stunted by cannabis' ability to counteract the methodology for Crohn's to do harm. On the flip side of the same coin, even "benign" herb can slow down the building of brain growth since it is such a good drug at doing just that job on cells. It's not a smart drug... it can't tell the difference between a tumor or a teenager's brain; they are both growing rapidly. Successful cancer treatment is done with targeted injection into the cancer cells. After 25ish, the brain is fairly complete... it still changes, but slowly enough for cannabis to recognize it as healthy tissue and pay more attention to the CB-1 receptors you THC fiends (lol) use so often. The endocannabinoid system is not fully functional until the brain is, as well. Anyways, weed will have a degenerative effect on young brains and, for the same reason they should not drink or do other drugs, weed should be stored in Herb Preserve jars until their bodies are functionally ready to metabolize cannabis properly. This is NOT to say that every kid who vapes (for fuck's sake stop smoking) will turn into a dribbling idiot. Many turn out to be intelligent, incisive, caring people with few negative cognitive effects, but why take the risk? Weed is a plant, poppies are plants, hemlock is a plant... just because it is "natural" doesn't mean it doesn't have the possibility of doing harm.

Be safe.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. Haha............ :hide:

Smoking anything causes lung cancer and causes cancer to adults also soo yeah 

and in my opinion and my experiences it has not harmed me whatsoever I started at 14 and I have adhd and it basically cured it which is great and yeah the monkey experiment was bull cause they also cut off oxygen from the monkeys soo they were also choked with mj smoke.

4. well thats what I thought but according to a large portion of this community that is not the case, it doesnt cause lung cancer according to many years of statistics

5. Yeah man the cannabis plant is harmless it's the combustion that causes the carcinogens.

6. #46 Acid Man, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
    no even when combusted cannabis smoke doesnt cause lung cancer according to these statistics,
    but yeah I believe too that cannabis is literally harmless physically at least, and is even healing in many aspects

7. Sorry mate but that's wrong, any type of combustion is proven to cause cancer, it's just much less cancerous then tobacco smoke as it has no tar, cyanide and nitrates. Cannabis is just plant matter if flushed properly.

8. Afex54 how old were you when you first smoked?

9. patents dont prove anything and dont need to contain scientific data.

10. #50 Acid Man, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
    dont tell me that, that was what I thought . tell the majority of the people in this thread I made a few weeks ago: http://forum.grasscity.com/tokers-qa/1312481-smoking-weed-cancer.html

11. 15 , why do you ask

12. Just wondering is all.

13. #53 medicalcenter, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
    You will find there are varying degrees of marijuana use. Some people use it minimally with minimal side effects. You can ask parents of few teenager and find the same sorrowful answer. Most complain that their children lacks enthusiasm, shows lack of motivation and are indifferent to the outer world. They can't concentrate on their studies well.

14. #54 Jingo Dookstain, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
    I started smoking when I was 13.

I really have no way to tell if there is a side-effect, seeing as I'm not (and have not been) objectively observing myself. I'd like to think I turned out relatively normal. I think it depends entirely on the individual.

That being said, every now and again I see these new threads [edit: not this specific thread, "these" generally speaking], posted by what look to be teenage marijuana users. They appear to be fairly retarded. However, that retardation seems to be a highly mutated form of ignorance and/or lack of ability to fortify their personal use of logic.

tl;dr: Teenagers these days were already stupid as shit before smoking their first bowl.

15. #55 Spliff Shady, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
    Not this again

16. No. I smoked as a teenager and look at me today! Unemployed, dillusional and low self esteem. Isolated and communicating to the outside world through the internet. No problem.

17. Lol I smoked as a teen and I am 41 now and retired. I have ran several successful business and I have sold them all for a profit.

18. anything except cannabis :smoking: