Does Weed Make You See More Realistic?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by lightair101, Jun 12, 2014.

1. #21 Tiama Plop, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2015
    When I smoked I would have a lot of creative ideas, and go really deep into them. Some of them were genuinely really great ideas, but most of them weren't. When I was high I would think that they were all equally genius ideas. Now I stay sober, I have less ideas overall, but don't get carried away with the silly ones anymore. Overall I am more productive sober, especially when you factor in that I was dull and unimaginative when not high, when I was a smoker.

I think the reason people get carried away with silly ideas when high is simple: Dopamine.

• Like Like x 1
  2. There's no such thing as seeing realistically.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Marijuana indeed makes users perceive themselves as having more creative thoughts and ideas which would help explain why so many artists and musicians tout its benefits.

4. #24 willywagpole, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    Weed brings you back to your true natural state.

Why do you think its been used for medicine for thousands of years and eliminates stress like no other?

5. I don't believe that at all. Define natural state

-yuri

• Like Like x 1
  6. Just going to throw this out there... but maybe it is because humans have had dopamine and cannaboid receptors for thousands of years?

• Like Like x 1
  7. I still don't feel natural when I'm trippin balls

-yuri

8. Yeah I agree that there is no such thing as a 'natural' feeling. (Another way of looking at that is that all ways of feeling are natural)

I was just presenting an alternate theory to Juju as to why humans have used cannabis for thousands of years.

9. I wouldn't go that far

To me, feeling natural means your body is working as intended And you feel alert and energetic without pain or hinderence

-yuri

10. #30 willywagpole, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    Because we all have been conditioned that way since birth.

None of us here are performing 100% or living at our purest or most natural state because of 1000s years of DNA manipulation and corruption.

Some people reach this state through Meditation, It is known by many as the complete now or complete present. Where thoughts fade away and you just accept what is and naturally collect wisdom as you are not thinking about the past or future or worrying or creating any universal reflections in your reality. You are simply being in harmony with the infinite and letting the universe flow naturally and freely.

Weed does this for me sometimes, Everything else fades away and it brings me to Ever-presence and Wholeness/Oneness, Peace and Harmony from within a sense of freedom and understanding and unconditional love. I've also had this experience when Taking DMT but that's a different story.

• Like Like x 2
  11. #31 willywagpole, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    When you are in your natural glowing state, In pure constant amazement you will always feel and be in the natural high, Which is Ultimately our most natural purest state of being.

What we think is normal or our natural state is far from it when we have been misguided and manipulated on every level for thousands of years.

12. I agree with this definition also. I suppose it's one of those things where each person gets to decide what is natural to them, which in many ways is determined by their perspective of life and their place in the universe.

13. Just because we haven't found the true centre of our being yet, doesn't mean that the journey of finding it isn't a natural process. Again, it comes down to what natural means to each person.