Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Explanation To My 7 And 8 Year Olds...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by alever, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. just tell them it's your medicine and it makes you feel better. and hide your stash better.

2. Just say it's like cough syrup and it's super yucky, but daddy has to stay medicated :)

3. #23 IIGooGII, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    This person seems to know what they're talking about. I would just have to make a small edit; opposed to lying and saying it's for a headache or "something like that"- tell them what it's actually for if it's legitimately for medicinal purposes. If it's not then you can basically tell them anything short of you being terminal and ignore this response.

Good luck, but I'll add with the way everything is heading these days in the marijuana world, it won't be long before they learn about it and most likely won't care either way. Eventually weed will be viewed the same as cigarettes and booze. Legalities and all that anyways. I'm from Colorado so it's pretty interesting to see how everything changes once it's legal. It's kind of nice, actually. You don't have to worry so much about being cautious with your shit like you use to be (assuming you live here or somewhere else where it's legal). Only thing is no public use, but that's why I pay rent to be honest with you- so I don't have to smoke outside.

Sorry, off topic, anyways best of luck with whatever you tell your kids. I would just advise to always be as honest and open as possible with them otherwise that can start to build resentment. I don't know, I don't have kids but I'm just speaking from my personal experiences.

Edit: Small tangent to add about the open and honest policy with your kids- there is obviously an appropriate time and place for every conversation. Just something to keep in mind. And just so we're clear I'm not saying to tell your children "Yeah I smoke mad bowls on the reg" or whatever you might say. Just stay vague since it's not legal where you're at and you should be good.
    Think of it kind of like "Mommy, where do babies come from?" - would you tell them a lie and say that the stork bring them? Or are you going to explain to them what actually happens so your children don't end up being retarded?

Just my two cents, not trying to be rude with the last line or anything, I just think certain parenting strategies definitely don't work from watching my parents raise me. Not to say I or your children are mentally handicap, but it doesn't help the learning process. Same idea behind "ga-ga goo goo" to a baby. Those aren't words, they don't apply in from of language. You wouldn't teach them "goo goo" is hello, you teach them "hello" means hello.

Anyway I hope this makes sense and maybe helps you out a bit, like I said I'm not a father so I don't have real parenting experience, just a logical brain and the ability to learn from other peoples' mistakes.

4. My dad smoked openly. And from what i remember never told me what it was and why he did it. Almost like im hiding it from you but i'm gunna smoke outside on the deck. Which made me have negative feelings about it, and the anti-drug thing in school that we were taught didnt help. Now my parents are divorced and i have no relationship with my dad. Its sad. Explain to your kids what it is and when they get older or your feel they are ready to try it use it to bond with them before they are gone.

5. Put it in a pillbottle and say how it's your medicine don't lie though that's the worst to lie to your kid

-=The Masyiah of Ganja=-

7. It pains me to say when ppl say not legal here. Tell them its ur medicine. Explain some daddys like to drink, ur dady like to smoke.Keep it simple. Keep a e vape pen on hand. Ur kids have big mouths. Sooner or later they gonna tell some1 my daddy smokes. Pulling out a e vape at opertune times, will eliminate any possible repercussions. Cause they assume that what ur kid talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. my mom works at an elementary school and they DO take note of what the kids say and take action if it sounds like any kind of abuse or neglect is going on in the family. just a fair warning to anyone wondering.... the things a young child says in school can get you in trouble.

9. I would've just told them it was tobacco, the stuff inside cigarettes, and it is yucky so stay away from it.

10. #30 TokingSince96, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    CPS a huge concern. Not even a car salesman, will convince them, its ok. Im a responsible user. I never laughed so hard.

I firmly believe you should limit lying to your kids. Do not call mj by its name. Just your medicine.

I have a medical license. Still know 1 needs to know. What i mentioned is what i did to keep on down low. Id highly suggest not smoking in front of them either.

Look into making hash oil with vg. To medicate discreetly while kids around.. Helped cut down on the dirty looks from neighbors, while i chiefed outside

11. Not Legal being the key words!!! If anything were mentioned by your kids, CPS could get involved. It doesn't matter if you consider it medicine, your state doesn't.

I won't lie to my kids... But age matters! Keep your stuff out of sight, kids that young don't need to see it! Grow up!!

I have a medical recommendation, my kids are not exposed. We keep it high in a cabinet in the garage.

You don't have to tell your young kids anything, it's none of their business. 7 & 8 are horrible ages to find your stash, good luck keeping it a secret.

12. My youngest of two is off to college and looking back I'm extremely angry at this country and it's war on pot and the way it alienates part of your life from your kids. The sad thing is you have to hide it if it's illegal. Your kids may understand it's your medicine but are they mature enough to keep a secret? Teachers and cops these days LOVE to bust parents based on what the kids say, in fact kids were encouraged to rat on their parents about pot in my day(C.A.M.P. and D.A.R.E.) and it still lingers a bit to this day, the war on pot is still raging. I hid my use from my kids until they were teenagers, and regret how many times I had to shoo them away while smoking...all because big pharma, big alcohol, and uncle sam say it's bad. You're in a tough spot, I remember exactly how you feel and it sucks. I would try to hide it for a few years, society and political winds are shifting towards legalization and if the thiefs in government can get votes, they'll be pro pot in a heartbeat, even the right. Once your kids turn 12-13, then you can have the talk.

One of my nephews found my "TIn foil room" when he was about 8. I told him I grew tomatoes in their and that was that...I still worry and wonder if it's a story he's gonna be blabbering to anyone with an ear for the rest of his life!

13. I don't tell them it's medicine, in fact they have asked before, smelled it once...and only once...said "ewww that stinks" and I said that's what moldy fungus smells like and then asked if they wanted any. That pretty much took care of that. It's been three years, and never once has curiosity brought things back around full circle.

14. Explain to them that it is your medicine and tell them the importance of respecting others privacy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.