First Time Dwc Grow In Gorilla Tent. Chem Dog.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by WiiseeBudz2, Jun 11, 2014.

1. It sounds like a cal/mag deficiency are you supplementing with any cal/mag? With hydroponics you pretty much have to, since water contains low-no traces of it. Here's a deficiency chart.

Attached Files:

2. No I'm not using any at all..
    Just an grow a and b
    Sensizyme
    B 52
    Voodoo juice

Haven't top fed today upper new leaves look light green and droopy compared to before,I'll prolly give them 2 pints each pot.

I'll go get some calmag if that seems to be a problem

Other than that it's growing we'll and everything else seems great !

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

3. I feel like my plants look more like the nitrogen dif than any but the thing is the roots arnt out of the net pot!

I think this is causing all this
    just not sure if I should keep top feeding or let the roots seek out the nutes and water ... ?

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

4. Ya I can almost guarantee it's a cal/mag deficiency if you aren't using any, especially with RO water, although I'm not too sure with advanced nutes. Also if leaves are droopy make sure it's not just because the lights turned on. Plants droop their leaves at night to rest and it takes them a little time to "wake up". If they're droopy throughout the day it might be heat stress or due to lighting.

5. As far as top feeding I never did, once the roots have at least developed inside the net pot, the bubbles popping from the airstones should give them enough water to feed them, but still stress em out enough causing them to search downward for water.

6. No ro water.. Half tap water, half purified water.. Tap waters at 8ph and 310ppm purified at 23ish Ppms..

The last couple days I've kept the cfls on when the hps goes off so there's always light now.

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

7. Ya when you purify it to 23 ppm it takes a lot of cal/mag out. Nutrients = PPM. Tap water is a little high to use as is, so cutting it with RO or using only RO is fine, but you still are going to be low on cal/mag without supplementing it. Pick up a bottle for $10-$15 or some epsom salt and you'll be set.

8. I've Ben thinking a lot lately what's the best way to get water for my res..
    Ro systems are a couple hundred I can't spend right now
    And to go get gals of water seems like quite a task 17 was hard enough haha

What do u all do ? Prolly will need 25-30gals in my res when roots are full

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

9. my tap water runs at 170ppm and 7.0ph so I get away with using it. Ideally I want to get an ro system too you can buy a decent one for $150-$200 and just install it yourself. My next grow I'm going to invest.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Yeah it'll have to wait till next time..
    My new growth a top of plants is almost completly yellow or just very very light ..
    Got some cal mag
    Added it to the soup..
    Will adjust ppm to 3-400 when I get home today..

Hopefully today's the day those roots show thru !! 14 days since the start

What u guys think about the extremely light new growth?

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

11. #51 WiiseeBudz2, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
    These two are looking very light... Almost look like old skin on a couple leaves lol u can see the new growth has no green.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403177719.241450.jpg

In these two you can see there darker in color the back on has almost no signs of yellowing..
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403177747.793471.jpg

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

12. Wow, you love building funky stuff

13. Wow, you bended those pipe pretty seriously. Why, I am curious?

14. Anything that works.. Haha

And the string I used pulled the pvc in with the tension..

I wanted it like that just basically for me to access my res and place the plants where I need to when they grow up thru the screen and start flowering. The square top woulda worked
    But woulda prolly Ben a pain to take of res lid and get ahold of once fully flowered..

Like I said I'm not pro as u can see! But thanx for checkin it out!!

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

15. the light growth sounds like a nitrogen deficiency.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Cool so basically all just waiting on the roots.... !

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

17. What's weird to me is all 4 plants are in the same Rez...
    2 in one pot show the same sign of problems and the yellowing is the worst on the new growth on the top.
    The other 2 plants in the other pot look almost a perfect green with little to no yellow at all...

Also in the 2 plants that are affected which it seems to be getting worse..
    The new leaves are completly yellow on top.. Then the new ones coming out mid plant are still greenish yellow...
    Just getting real worried here and I hope it's just the roots stuggling to pop out ... I haven't top fed in over 24 hours...
    Day 15

Anyone care to try and alleviate some of this stress I have going cuz of this?
    I wanna lower soup Ppms but the two plants look good...

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

18. what total ppm? Shouldn't be above 300 right now. Did you wash hydroton first? I've never bought clones but the clones I make I always squared off leaves to promote root growth, I would try that on you yellow leaves.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1234402-Budget-DWC-CFL

19. It's at 640ppms the plants are 14.5 inches tall

And I finally see roots coming out of one net pot. The net pot whose two plants look a lot greener . The roots aren't out the bottom just out the side about half way down the net pot.
    Weaving in and out of squares.

There still growing we'll.. Do u think I should change out res and lower Ppms to 300 range? I've read once they have more than 3-4 sets of leaves to up Ppms more .. And my water before adding nutes was at about 290-310 Ppms.. Does that factor into play??? I've heard different theories.

I was thinking either take out some soup and dilute with ph water.. Till it hits 400 ppm..
    Or leave as is because roots are showing in the plants that have Ben improving? And hope the other two follow suit...

Or add ph'd R.o water and top of the res maybe an inch or so up net pots ? Right now it sits right below or level with the bottom.
    So the roots can really start taking up nutrients...

I'm more than willing to make any changes. Just want to make the right ones.
    I think I made multiple mistakes from the start .
    1. Water level when clones were first introduced.
    2. Using Rockwell
    3. Leaving to many pebbles under Rockwell creating further distance for roots to hit water.

If changing the res must be done. It will be.
    But from the research I've done it looks like nitrogen def. and now showing signs on one plant/pot of mag def. which I feel like might be because the roots are still not out of one net pot
    And the pot that they are just starting to come out of has turned from a light green like the others to a nice dark healthy green.
    Just the others don't seem to be improving where the other has Ben over the last couple days .

And my ppm meter fell in my res when checking this morning so now I need a new one :/
    Sorry for rambling on just very stressed and need my morning tokes!!!

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

20. Get a sample cup so you can take a Lil res water and test it away from rez. I'd get smaller Rez one for each because bulging side is gonna be big trouble. The reason roots took so long is probably from high ppm and from putting clones on top of hydroton. I always put my clones on bottom and slowly build up hydroton around plant as it grows that way roots go right into Rex and less thru hydroton. Also all the hydroton on top to stabilize it later in life.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1234402-Budget-DWC-CFL