First Time Dwc Grow In Gorilla Tent. Chem Dog.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by WiiseeBudz2, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Day 59

Ph was at 5.0
    Ppms 435

Was going to do a complete Rez change but decided to just add 5 gals.. Going to get together a pump since the canopy is secured now.

Added 5 gals of r.o and cal mag plus, sensi bloom b and overdrive

Ph 5.2
    Ppms 365
    Added ph up
    Ph now at 5.8

Water temp 68.7

Here's the roots before the 5 gals
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411357912.961758.jpg

Some shots with the lights off
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411357936.563180.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411357945.914525.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411357954.381956.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411357963.465293.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411357972.184063.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411357980.833476.jpg

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

2. Day 61

Ph 5.8
    Ppms 368

Water temp at 65

Temps 70/68
    Humidity 30-35

Tried to look up exactly what this is called because I find it beautiful . Couldn't find what I was looking for tho.,

I love how you can see the buds growing as time passes, swelling up, then exploding in little spots at a time..

I tried to get a picture
    On the right side
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411526466.706972.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411526480.874086.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411526514.610083.jpg

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

3. Day 62

Smell has gone to a new level.

Didn't really notice at first. Because I'm usually smoking when I'm home so I thought I was just smelling that outside..

There's prolly 20-30 ft from the back of my ac unit to the fence of the next doors house.

The whole side yard area reeks.. My neighbors which I am on a social level with asked about a recent strong mj odor coming from my side yard . They knew I smoke and I told them I would keep it inside. Older couple.

My front yard also smells pretty nice.. It's taken over a pretty considerable area. And it's only when the window ac is on I think.... Which it usually always is.

This grow is completely legal just not looking to disturb anyone else or cause any added Problems..

My plan is to have a inline fan and scrubber attached right next to the window ac on the wall... Pulling air in thru the carbon filter .. Attached directly to inline fan.

Suggestions???
    Also going to leave the a/c off during the night cycle (lights off)

Not sure how much the window ac is really effecting the smell outside..

U can defiantly tell when it's on the heat being pushed out reaks.. And u can feel the heat being pushed about 5 ft away. I can't really tell if it's still smelling without the ac on .. I can't smell it at the fence line with it off.. But I can't always smell it when it's on...

Suggestions ??

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

4. It probably still reeks...

If you exhaust the air through the scrubber somehow it should help.

You could also claim seeing a dead skunk up the road lol.

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."

1000 watt Scrog Journal

5. No no you are right .

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

6. Lol. Yeah that shit reeeks bad don't it.

I was hit by a ton of bricks earlier in my space. The whole damn place reeks.

1000 watt Scrog Journal

7. Day 63
    Truth be told. Had the ac off for 12 hours today.. When I got home.. Could smell bud throughout my whole yard which would prolly hold 15 honda civics ("size") ..Inside the whole entire house smelled beautiful I cannot even begin to describe. The side yard I've never smelt a cannabis smelll so strong and pungent ... The neighbors smell it , and prolly their neighbors smell it as well.. And the distance between houses is considerable.
    It defiantly has it's potent areas per say... Idk if it's wind or just where it's tends to sit but my bedroom happens to smell the worst out of any room in the house. My bedroom is not my grow room.
    And outside there's areas where your reaction is just whoa.

The smell defiantly without a doubt got worse with that ac off all day .

The temps also rose to 88 degrees with the lights off. And 28% humidity.
    Not sure if that has anything to do with it too.

I'm thinking I can just take my 190 cfm inline and hook it up to a carbon scrubber rated for that and place it on the table next to the grow tent.. The sides are all open facing the table so realistically this is the closest I think I can get them to the plants..

What do you all think.. ??

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

8. I've seen it 2 ways...

Scrubber directly inside tent at top. Inline fan from scrubber going out of tent.

Or scrubber sits outside tent pulling air into it.

Is it always open?

1000 watt Scrog Journal

9. Yes there's 4 sides. The face is always open and I just recently opened up the left side.. (Where the table is) to add more supports and gets buds off the tent walls

* not including ceiling/top or bottom. Haha

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

10. Is the ac the only thing exhausting outdoors?

If so hook your scrubber and fan into that.

I'm not an expert but that should work... Maybe it would just cut back...

Do you use any of the on a gel stuff for the residence? Those placed in key places help keep it at bay.

1000 watt Scrog Journal

11. If its all legal, what's it matter if your neighbors smell it? Its just the hippy next door smoking pot. No damage done. Right?

12. I just don't like bothering good people ..

If they were outside burning cinnamon scented oils 24/7
    I'd prolly ask them to stop..
    I hate that smell lol

I'm not personally worried at all.. Just wanted to be considerate haha

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

13. Day 64 with the chem dawg

Temps 70/72
    Humidity 37%

Ph was at 5.0
    Ppms were at 458

I'm assuming this was due to the high heat in the room the day before.. Therefore a considerable amount of water was used.

Added 6 gallons of r.o water
    Ph 5.1
    Ppms 272

Added cal mag plus, sensi b, overdrive and ph up
    Ph 6.0
    Ppms 372

Water temp was at 72
    And after I added the 6 gallons. Which I now keep in my grow room so it cooled down took it too 70.6

I added 2, 1 liter frozen bottles and it's at 67.1

Here's some pics.. About 3 weeks left to go

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411783381.544473.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411783396.709452.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411783405.626974.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411783426.095374.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411783439.963356.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411783452.164212.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411783465.582161.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411783481.383408.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411783490.534176.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411783501.884929.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411783511.736456.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411783523.486641.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411783539.671449.jpg

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

14. Looking good!  I'm still trimming mine.  Decent yield, good smell and taste so far. At this point I give it a solid B.  Have you thought about how you are going to dry and cure?  To me at least, that is the hardest and most critical part of the whole grow.  I still don't have a system I love and I think my harvest suffers because of that.  I'll post some pics later when I rotate the jars.

15. #535 WiiseeBudz2, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
    My plans to chop, rough wet trim, hang 70 temps, and try to keep the humidity close to 70 as well.. Trim to final desire.. Then jar em up ..

I've ordered mini humidity gauge for about 3$ each and I'm going to cut and insert them in the cap and then seal it.. Open me up if the humidity is getting above 70 or close..

How does this sound?
    What do you do ?

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

16. When you hang to dry you'll want that humidity around 60% or less. You don't want them to rot on you in this stage.

If you plan on curing AFTER its hung dry then you can aim for that 60 to 70% mark.

1000 watt Scrog Journal

It's as good as any other.  Thats pretty much how I did my last run before the Chem D.  I let them get WAY to dry though which killed all the smell and taste.  This time around I hung the whole plants with leaves and all.  It worked pretty well but again I let them get a little to dry.  I do think that by hanging the whole plant the leaves and stems kept it from drying out to quick which really helped with taste and smell.  The humidity where I dry my plants is 45-55 and the temps are generally low 70's.

You will find a million different ways to do it online and a million different opinions on which is best.  I think the most important things to keep in mind are to let them dry slowly, however you have to accomplish it and jarring them at just the right time.  I can't think of a more critical time in the process, one fuck up and you get mold on your shit which is basically a killer or they dry to quick and you have a pound of hay to show for you effort. You can't reverse anything at this stage once it's done it's done.

18. Thanx for all the advice
    I've read that post and it's definatly one of the better more accredited ones.

I've Ben trying to do as much research on this as possible ..
    It's just seems the slower the dry the better, people tend to trim at all different times, and don't jar them too late..
    I'm thinking humidity is the key tho.. At a certain H level ur buds won't be curing any longer, vise Versa and they'll get mold..

Of course some buds are denser and some are fluffier
    Therefore allowing differnt humidity levels to be dried in..

Temps are important too but that should already be around the same as ur growing temp anyways..

My humidity in my room is around 35-40 I need a way to raise it... Not sure yet

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

19. Im going to follow your harvest closely. I too am interested in how to get the best dry/cure.