First Time Dwc Grow In Gorilla Tent. Chem Dog.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by WiiseeBudz2, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Need to also verify this, is cool tube intake side open inside of tent, duct to outside of tent, or what?

2. Cool tube on left intake:
    Duct from cool tube left.. Outside of the tent to an inline fan pulling air in..
    Fan is located of the ground outside of tent.

Right side of cool tube.
    Duct from cool tube outside of tent to a booster fan on the ground pushing air out

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

3. Then no, attaching a scrubber wouldnt help because in order for a scrubber to work, air from inside the tent has to be pulled through it and exhausted (if scrubber inside tent) or you could attach the scrubber to the exhaust and blow air from inside the tent (if scrubber outside of tent) through the scrubber. The inside tent method is best though.

Either way, in order to use a scrubber in-line with your cool tube, your going to have to free up the intake side of the cool tube and have it draw air from inside the tent, through the cool tube, and out the tent.

If you tried to use a scrubber in-line with your current setup, the scrubber would only be cleaning air that is drawn in from outside of the tent rather than the stinky air inside.

4. Thanx man..

I was figuring since the tent has it's face open 24/7 and that it was pretty much full and that the whole room is what smelled that the scrubber would work anywhere.. I thought maybe higher the better but I guess not..
    I don't have an intake per say
    Just one fan pulling and one fan pushing air thru the cool tube.. Other than that I have just one fan circulating air at the top and the hepa air filter that blows under the canopy quite well.

My intake I guess would be for the whole room from the window ac... It's on almost 24/7.

And the only areas that smell are the grow room. (Which the tent is in)
    12x8 ft room.
    And id say about a 5x5 foot area around the back side of the window a/c( sticks maybe a foot to two feet out the window.)
    Reeeeeks like some bomb fresh cured trimmed top shelf meds..

I still have atleast a month left that's why I'm kinda concerned here..

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

5. Ideally it would work, but not efficiently enough to kill the smell. The booster fans you have wont move enough air fast enough.

6. What do you recommend I can do

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

7. The best thing to do would be to toss the duct boosters and get an actual 6" fan, then instead of running ducting from left side of cool tub to outside of tent, run ducting from left of cool tube to the scrubber (scrubber should be at top of tent for optimal results) and then run ducting from right side to fan to exhaust. Then make sure all of the duct holes on your tent are closed up. Then youre going to want to open the biggest duct hole you have near the bottom of the tent. The idea is that the air closer to the ground (open duct hole) is colder than the air at the top of the tent. This helps remove hot air better because hot air at the top of the tent is sucked through the scrubber, cool tube, and out the tent. Meanwhile the tent pulls colder air in the open duct hole from the ground outside of the tent in order to relieve negative pressure.

This is all optimal but would require some funds to do. Unfortunately i dont really see another option with the amount of heat a 600w produces though.

Hope that all made sense and helps.

8. Yes it makes sense and I appreciate it a lot!
    I don't have 2 bootster fans only one the others a regular inline fan .. I guess I'll have to wait until next time to try something out..

Thanx a lot tho for all of your help

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

9. Which one do you have as which right now?

10. The booster on the right pulling air in thru the cool tube and then the online fan pushing the air out..

Booster fan is close to 500cfms m(so realistically prolly 200 ish)
    And inline is 190 cfms

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

11. I think for my next go around
    I'm going to get a 440 cfm controllable inline fan with a carbon scrubber.. Combo is like 135 online..

Gunna post up soon my plans for my next grow so I can have everything planned out and optimal next time.

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

12. Yeah you definitely want a speed controller. They get LOUD.

13. Day 56

Temps 72
    Humidity 35-40

Ph 5.9
    Ppms 368

Kinda smells like socks or maybe just supper strong plant smell in the room? Not sure... ?

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

14. Socks?? Like clean or dirty? o_O

15. Hahaah dirty I guess

More like sweaty but I just checked and no smell like that with the lights on..

Maybe it's the dehumidifier ?
    It's only on at lights off which is when I smelled it?

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

16. Thats weird. Possibly but why would it be the dehumidifier? If it was, wouldn't it anyways smell?

Either way, id be alarmed. Sweaty/dirty sock smell sounds like mold!

17. Hey thanx a lot ! Gunna clean the dehumidifier tonight.. Thanx again

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

18. don't top water to much let the media air out you need the plant to need to make roots if you keep watering it all the time it will not need roots your doing all the work for it dont water and wach those roots grow more thanenough water from the bubbles if your pushing enouhg air you actually get a fog inside the container .  i know im a noobe but that one i learned already lol

19. Ph at 5.0 Ppms 435

Gonna do a Rez change right now..

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow