Is Weed Connected To Being A Deeper Or More Intellectual Thinker?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by peterm2, Jun 11, 2014.

1. #21 MiamiACR, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
    There are a lot of dumb motherfuckers on here who think they're smart because they smoke dope. Smart people are smart and dumb people are everywhere. Get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Fourm

• Like Like x 7
  2. hallelujahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'd have to agree that it depends on the person...some people are just deep thinkers, and some people are just looking for quick high...i think being a heavy reader all my life made me more of a deep thinker

4. Its not that weed is the cause of "different" or "deeper" thoughts... Its just the sheer nature of the drug's social standing that attracts people who go against the grain to begin with. Heavy smokers go against most societal norms, simply by smoking weed. Thus, they are already original, different, and unique from the rest of society

• Like Like x 1
  5. I think cannabis does have properties which make us think more. ..

I think about deep stuff right after a huge fresh bowl after work.

6. No, salvia is

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. #27 Infinite Experience, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2014
    No I think it depends solely on the individual. I think if someone is already open minded and willing to dive deep into their psyche, then weed might help them dive even deeper. But a closed-minded idiot will always be a close-minded idiot.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I think it is yes.

There are a few things that lead me to believe this. 

The first thing is purely a scientific thing.

According to modern science we only use a certain amount of our DNA. We have 60 something parts of DNA and we only use about 20 of those apparently and the amount we use is directly related to the frequency in which we function at.

The scientists who did this work said that the emotion positivity has a higher wave length than negativity and that when you are positive and function at a higher wave length you activate more of your DNA.

The next thing is the theory of cosmic energy and inner wisdom etc. There are lots of monks and Zen guys who believe in inner wisdom that is inherently built into us as humans but becomes clouded by nonsense throughout our lifetime. Materialistic thinking, ego etc and the idea behind monks meditating is to get their mind clear of rubbish, back one's self and more in touch with the Divine, God or their inner wisdom. It varies between different groups but it seems like the idea is the same.

The next piece of the puzzle is the theory of quantum consciousness. According to researchers, they believe that our consciousness is creating by quantum particles collapsing under gravitational forces and that creates some sort of energy pulses that creates our consciousness within our brains neurons

A load of scientists at Harvard took a few of the Dali Lama's monks to a research lab and they measured their brain waves and found that their brains where functioning at a much higher level than normal people and attributed this to years of meditation. They compared the higher level of functioning to what it's like when people say time slows down. For eg when they are in a car accident and they say things slow down etc. That is apparently to do with the brain absorbing the Universe at different rates and the monks appear to experience an altered perception of reality. This stuff that creates our consciousness is what the Universe is made of and that leads to the next part.

Nikola Tesla once said that he thinks his brain is a receiver for some sort of signals or the like coming from space of something. He also said that he thinks God created the Universe and when you think on that level you become in tune with his power. Or something along those lines.

To me this all adds up to say that we can cleanse our mind to be more pure and positive and therefore be better at receiving this mysterious cosmic wisdom and become more complete and enlightened and perhaps be able to unlock hidden powers by elevating our bodies frequency that we function at and could possibly gain the ability to manipulate the quantum fabric of space and time itself!

How does this relate to weed? Weed creates clarity and positivity which could activate more of our minds and DNA which could make us more in tune with cosmic wisdom and that could give us the ability to create revelations in our thought and expand our intellect and consciousness!

ahhh

9. These types of threads are my fav because I know no one who thinks like this except me and I get introduced to so many people thinking the same thing as me. The internet can be shitty sometimes but this is the good part of it.

10. Yes marijuana has that going for it. I suggest reading all sorts of articles (sourced of course) of your favorite drug. Afterwards cap it off with a toke and meditation. Explore your soul, and paint the canvas that is your life.

11. It really differs for everybody. I am a full time college student and I also double as a daily toker and I would like to think that I am smart due to my academic performance in honors courses and both of my majors (arts and civil engineering). Anyways I have a stoner friend in school who is an organic chemistry major that I would also consiter to be rather smart, however, we function on the polar opposite ends of the 'stoner student' spectrum. I prefer to wake and bake before classes, get stoned before assignments, and get stoned after as well; I generally stay stoned from the time I wake up until I go to bed. This helps me with my engineering classes which involve a lot of critical thinking and abstract problem solving, getting stoned on different strains gives me different insights into problems. My chemistry friend on the other hand is virtually useless when he gets stoned. We got stoned before working on some calculus assignments and while I was seeing everything clearly he forgot how to do basic differentiation while I kept finding new shortcuts and connections with other properties. 

So what is my point to this rant? Yes, weed can make you a deeper thinker if you are pre-conditioned to function better when stoned. But at the same time another individual may have the exact opposite effect and loose the ability to function beyond basic cognitive processes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. That's exactly why it's illegal...

13. #33 Dragonn, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2014
    The concept of someone being "pre-conditioned to function better when stoned" would be really interesting to look into. I'd say I'm a lot more analytical when I'm stoned, but sometimes I'm the complete opposite.
    Is it the quality of the weed? Is it the strain? Is it the amount? I'm really not sure at this point.

As I said before, it'd be interesting to test it out and form some sort of expirement, though it'd still only be a rough "conclusion"/answer to go by.

Seemingly everything varies.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Weed only puts what's already there under a magnifying glass. Either there's a lot going on, or there isn't. Even if there isn't, weed's good for inducing verbal diarrhea, which can be mistaken for actually having something to say.

15. Isn't this just due to you having a higher tolerance and more used to the high than he is? If he smoked more often and did calculus more often high he would also he able to hang.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

16. Not really haha. I never really mentioned anything about tolerance to begin with so it wasn't an issue. He has just as high of a tolerance as I do and has been smoking for quite some time. We just handle our highs differently from each other. I smoked with the dude almost every single day so I know he wasn't the occasional toker and he usually liked to smoke more than I usually do in one sitting so I can't really see tolerance being an issue here.

17. Cannabis doesn't cause' intelligence, it simply opens the door to deeper consciousness that we as human's naturally explore and end up "exploiting" in a way. Our bodies do as it usually does until it realizes that THC and a host of other chemicals are in the mix now. As someone that many consider wise, I've smoked cannabis for a long time and not only has it kept my mind intact but my dreams, experiences, and other important vitals of what makes me constantly available all the time. As hopefully everyone knows, cannabis doesn't make you smart, it allows you to be yourself. 

18. Intoxication is not a close friend of intelligence.

19. My completely unsubstantiated opinion is that it probably does increase intelligence, just in an indirect way.  I think in some people it probably encourages curiosity and makes people want to gain knowledge, thereby making them smarter.  It can make a person more open to other perspectives and thoughts, thereby making them wiser.  Then again, I know plenty of dumb-ass stoners who were dumb-asses before, during and after they smoked weed.

20. Talk to boats!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app