Is Weed Connected To Being A Deeper Or More Intellectual Thinker?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by peterm2, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Today someone called me the "most intellectual" person they knew to have a deep conversation with. I admit that I enjoy to ponder, but mostly when I'm high. I never used to think like this, especially before I started smoking at all or even when I started smoking regularly. Does weed lead you to more intellectual thoughts, deeper meanings, and open new thoughts in your brain? Take a toke and ponder with me.
    View attachment 1475598

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. i wouldnt say weed enhances your intelligence, but drugs do open your eyes to an extent, they let you see things differently and inspire new thoughts. 

3. I don't think there is a "deeper" thinking, its just a "different" thinking.

who are we to think we can go "deeper" when we know nothing ?

4. Definatly not. I'd say most people saying yes are speaking from.personal experience.

But I know lots of pot heads who this is not the case for

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. It all depends on you. I know a few dudes who are basically retards after smoking too much weed.

I wish I could find intellectual people to talk too.

6. yeah it makes you interested in everything and puts you ina trance like zone of thought, where normally whatever interests you most is what holds most of your attention

7. It brings out my personal flaws to me. Doing something about them is up to me. I believe it's a great guide. Anything is if looked at the proper way

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. ikr. My brother in law is a big pothead. We smoke out all the time.

But I can't relate to him at all. We have polar opposite political views, he isn't an intellectual and I can't converse with him about science or.philosophy or even gaming...

He is more interested in.kardashians and ufc fighters

9. jheez lol im too faded to understand your motto

10. Story of my life bro, it's so mind numbing... such useless things to pursue.

11. I wouldn't go that far. To him they aren't useless.

In reality nothing matters, we are just dust.

it is up to each person to decide what they want, and what life means to them.

But yea, I agree, those things he likes don't do it for me. I see them as primitive.

I especially hate most music. I swear, university level music classes turn you into a snob. No matter what o can't listen to music anymore without having to analyze the song and be a critic

12. Honestly, I just see it a as a distraction. Something they can apply their minds to in order to escape the daily tedium of their lives. They stopped striving for lofty goals and became comfortable with the world as it is.

I don't disrespect that, I simply feel that it is a less wholesome life to lead.

Some find wholesomeness in vice, which is ever fading. Others find it in virtue, which is ever growing.

13. Right here dude..

Anyway, for me, just recently, I found weed actually brings out my "anxieties" or amplifies things in my life that I have felt I have problems with and makes it clear cut and easier to see. That's of course if I choose to listen or not. I could go on watching hockey and give two shits, but it's grown to be more of a spiritual tool than what it used to be, as it is for most, a way to make day to day life a little more enjoyable.

For most tho, once they do it, it opens up the door to a new perspective in the mind.

Sent from half way across the world using Grasscity Forum

14. I think it doesn't it makes you more intelligent just when yore sober you wouldn't say the same stuff you would as when you're high because when you're sober you try to fit in more and don't want to sound dumb by accident by getting proven wrong whereas when youre high you don't worry and say what you want to say and if you get corrected instead of going quiet and giving up the argument you'd go deeper to prove your point and sparks off new points and that

Sent from outer space.

15. Couldn't agree with you guys more. Great thread. This is always a topic I enjoy talking about, especially when I'm a little baked.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Yes, but it depends on what you smoke. The massive problem is that 90% of the people don't have a clue what their smoking. IF your smoking cannabis with a high percentage of THC (The stuff that gets you high) then no. This has been proven to cause mental illness and to damage the brain. However there's a compound in cannabis called CBD, this has shown to stimulate brain cell growth and actually protect the brain from mental illness & also reverse any brain damage caused. Scientists are now suggesting that THC damages the brain whilst the CBD reverses the effect. In a short answer yes smoking cannabis has the potential the make you more intelligent, but if smoking the wrong stuff also has the potential to give yourself a mental illness. My advise is simple, do your research & smoke the correct stuff. There is a theory that the reason that humans had such a massive jump in intelligence was all down to cannabis. It 'unlocked' our brains... Apparently, but that's all speculation 

17. I smoke a couple joints of Colorado bud every night and I think its starting to make me retarded . ive been smoking for 7 years and I cant adjust to this monster. it knocks me out every night.

18. #18 organicpandemic, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2014

i like to think psychedelics played a part too. whether it be cactus, fungi, DMT (plant based or manufactured in our own brains. i think it more then likely contributed to most religious experiences) or other combined with the collective human consciousness certainly would of accelerated growth.

Unfortunately for a select few (be it religion or elite whatever) that means the entire human race is alot harder to control. thus the war on native peoples knowledge, "drugs", knowledge and even the systematic poisoning of the human race.

19. Oh for sure! Any weed head who hasn't had their mind expanded and opened to a new perspective on what reality is to them, isn't medicating for the right purpose. Its called introspective and man is it a damn useful tool. Like Marley said "the herb reveals you to yourself" he couldn't have been more right. 

20. Anything that gives you a fresh perspective will in some way make you more intelligent.

I think drugs in general (if you aren't a hardcore hard drug user) expand your horizon and make you a better, fuller human being.

Weed specifically is a wonderful though provoker though. It may not be a study aid, but it's a learning aid