Defoliation Questions.

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by budmasterdank, Jun 9, 2014.

1. #1 budmasterdank, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
    Hi. Since I added a new grow light my cannabis plants have taken off. I've started 1/4-1/3 strength fox farms grow big with complezym and added mykos and azos.

They are getting really cramped in the space I have them in. And I don't know if I should defoliate at least one that really needs it. I want to get more light to the lower Branches I made a video and have some picture to help better explain. I had to make video because the lines when I take pictures caused from the grow light

So here it is. Thanks you for your opinions and recommendations

Here is the video. Thanks for viewing
    There is sound to video. I explain my questions. If there's no sound view on YouTube thanks

http://youtu.be/PNHARMQySbs

View attachment 1474193 View attachment 1474195 View attachment 1474196 View attachment 1474199 View attachment 1474201

2. there is no video

3. "This video does not exist." -Youtube

4. "I want to get more light to the lower Branches"

What good will more light do if you cut off the leaves? The leaves are the power plants of the plant... cutting them off at anytime will reduce your yield (less power, less buds)

Tuck, tuck, tuck til you can't tuck no more.

5. Here is the video

:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYq7CuVpAeo

6. I currently am growing two GHS auto skunk plants. One of the plants is quite small and bushy and almost finished flowering. The other plant I have constantly defoliated (several leaves per day). The plant that was defoliated is double the size and only beginning to flower. I have far too many variables and I am growing in such a nonideal condition that I can't say for sure that defoliation is the cause of my success, but I plan on repeating the experiment on auto damnesia this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

If you want to have an accurate test you have to use clones. Every seed has different genetics than the next. They are like snowflakes yo.

8. He didn't believe in cutting anything , look at his hair!! Every time someone brings up this subject , this video appears. The guy has fields and fields of pot! Do you really think he gives a rats ass about gaining an ounce per plant of indoor? Defoliation works!! It also helps keeping any critters from your plants, helps with airflow, light, and by the way you don't strip all the leaves either. I'll argue with you all day long on this one.

9. . Bull!!

10. haha whatever... Its science not bull... Flowers don't photosynthesize leaves do... You can do whatever you like but science is science.

11. So are results, have you ever been taught the proper way to defoliate ? Or done it at all?

12. Let him also know there are growth hormones that are released back into the plant to develop more nodes and more bud sites.

13. Besides authoring countless books on growing weed, Jorge writes for HighTimes and is a judge at the Cannabis Cup. Somehow kushmasterkush's experience has surpassed him. I have seen Jorge's indoor and outdoor grow operations, lets see how much better you are doing.

Pictures of baseball bat sized buds always gets me thinking.

14. Auxins, are located in vegetative growth tips not leaves, pulling a leaf off doesn't releases auxins it just removes stored nutrients and a "battery" from the plants power pack. Like I said do what you want its your weed but all you're doing is spending more on nutes and stressing the plant

15. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410438745.614590.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410438765.092616.jpg

16. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410438839.567721.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410438857.434562.jpg

17. do these plants look stressed , mr. Blaze?

18. Now most importantly lower bud sights that are otherwise wasted, are plentiful. I truly believe in proper defoliation . I say proper and neither one of you have said anything about trying it yourselves ..... I have tried side by side experiments with it time and time again. I get an average of an ounce dried and cured per plant . And never once have my plants shown any signs of stress.

19. Let me say I get an extra ounce per plant, before you guys beat me up about my typo...

20. #20 Rumpleforeskin, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014