Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First Time Tonight, Any Tips?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by NightOwl12, Jun 7, 2014.

1. So, first time smoking (weed) tonight, Any tips or advice I need?

Here's my setup, I bought 2g of weed off the deep web for about £23. Looks good, nice crystals, plenty of keif when I put it in my grinder and has a good smell, not too strong but not no existent either.

I have some rolling papers and filter tips but I think im going to smoke out a home made bong for the first try, that way I don't waste any weed screwing up a joint etc etc. Also I can control easily how much I smoke. Is that a good idea?

Any other hints and tips, like what to expect from my first high? Anyway im not really trying to limit it to any specific question, just general advice please!

Thanks for any help, much appreciated!

(I apologise for any follow up questions or if my questions have been answered in thousands of other threads!)

2. If it's your first time, you should probably go with a pipe, not a bong.

3. I think it's awesome that you have a grinder before you've even smoked yet. Hahah cool..

My advice is to take a hit and then wait 10 minutes or so before taking another one. You may be fine off just the one and you don't want to overdo it. I've been smoking for close to a decade and I can still get a nice high off one hit sometimes. 

Just put on some music or a movie, grab some water and food and enjoy your first time :)

4. Awesome Guys, thanks for the welcome!

Yeh, im one of those people that either do it right or don't do it at all, the grinder was nice and I couldn't resist the offer! plus Im fairly sure id save money paying for the cost of a grinder than paying for the cost of the weed id drop on the floor grinding it up with my hands!

The main reason I want to use a bong is just to cool the smoke down a bit. I don't smoke normally so hot smoke from a pipe/joint would be a step too far for me first time, that's my view on it. Also I've already engineered myself a bong out of a glass tube, socket wrench and a bottle.  I don't have a Pipe to hand, and would like to smoke tonight because I haven't got time in the week, and have tomorrow to cool off a bit if there are any lasting effects (although im fairly sure I should be fine).

What do you guys think about the price I paid for my weed? Id say its about mid quality. I could be wrong, im in the apprentice forum for a reason. So I paid £23.26 or $39.07 or 0.05973691 BTC for 2g of what I would say is Mid quality weed, Fair?

5. #5 UniqueGrass, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014
    A pipe would be great for your first time, but small hits off a bong would be almost equal to that. I recommend taking 2 - 3 hits every 5 minutes until you feel it, but don't exceed 6 (unless you want to ;))
    -Eat something before you smoke.
    -Have some water nearby for cottonmouth and coughing.
    -Put on some great music and jam while you're smoking.
    -Just go with the flow, first times are great
    -And don't hold the hits in for more than 5 seconds.

6. #6 Patent #6630507, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014

$20/g is fair for the US when buying small amounts of good bud.

Although it won't be 100% certain, if you post a picture we might be able to tell you more about the quality.

7. Not fair for mid-quality, I would have guessed it was dank from the way you described it (pic would help).

Here's what you could experience: heart beating quickly, dry eyes, dry mouth, feeling amazing, and HD vision.

8. Thanks for the advice, Im not going to bother with a picture the quality of the image would be too bad to make a reasonable judgment.

Either way its defiantly weed and I will get high tonight (hehe cant wait, sorry slightly excited). Quality will be something I will develop over time, but for my first purchase im happy I didn't get ripped off that's good.
    There are factors like first class postage and vacuum sealing the weed also come into that price.

Once again Thanks for all the help (im really liking it here! you guys are really helpful),

So the most important topic of all, Good movies, music to chill out to? 

9. donnie darko

10. What ever music you like, but Bob Marley - Ganja Gun, Mary x3 - Wiz Kahlifa, and Smoking Good - Wiz are some of my favs. All movies are great stoned lol.

Blaze up and don't forget to report back on the good times.

11. #11 Old School Smoker, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014
    At first, you may laugh your ass off for about 30 minutes. Then music will sound so trippy. You will hear instruments in a song that you never heard before. Both movies and TV are so trippy. Especially a show called "1000 ways to die". And magazines and newspapers and maps are much more interesting to look at. Sex feels better, food tastes 10000 times better and you sleep like a baby. You will have complete serenity during rush hour gridlock traffic on the freeway. I can continue, but i'll stop here..

12. All I can say is enjoy yourself and go with the flow of the high. And try to smoke with friends if you can

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Thanks for the suggestions, I will write up in the morning, promise!

Just a quick thank you to everyone who has helped me out! It frustrates me how much of a bad stereotype people give Tokers. When really there a awesome community of friendly down to earth people. I hope this thread has helped out other people in a similar position to me who are looking for some great advice from these people!

Night Guys, ill post up in the morning!

14. I always recommend a good beverage for my sessions (usually coca-cola or an energy drink of some kind) water works just as well, just nice to have something to keep your mouth and what not from drying up.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. good luck and have fun dude. my only advice based on my limited experience is to take it slow. if you don't feel it right away after one or two hits, give it 5-10 mins before you go for more.

16. Hopefully OP is comfortably blazed by now...eating Cheetos and drooling lol  :smoking:

17. WHY IS THIS STUFF ILLEGAL!?! 

Ok so here's how it went,
    first I chilled out a bit, watched a movie and things. I was pretty nervous so I decided to wait out for a bit and get myself ready. I packed up the bong and took my first hit, it was quite a big one but I left it for about 5 min's and wasn't feeling it, probably down to my breathing technique.

At first I felt like I could throw up, but I think that's because the hit was too big. After that I took a couple of smaller hits about 5 mins later, then it all kicked in...
    (skip this bit if you don't want to read the whole "what's it like to be high" speech)

It was crazy. Everything felt so weird and different, like my perception had been slightly altered. Id describe my experience as nice and comfortable. I really see what you mean about music sounding different, It made songs completely different from what I thought they originally sounded like. Basically 3d music with proper depth to sound, and the lyrics just made so much more scene. 

I didn't notice it as much on the movies and videos but it still made me notice closer details. Now here's the golden nugget, Im a insomniac and so far the NHS (UK heath care) has failed to help me get a decent nights sleep in over two years. Last night I had the best nights sleep of my life, thanks to weed.

Next time im going to have some more water and drinks around, turns out you need more than a pint of water. Ill add some more foods to try when im high also.

So overall, I had a great first time and will defiantly be back for more! Thank you to everyone who helped me out!

Especially:
    <span>Patent #6630507</span> and <span>UniqueGrass</span>

18. Glad it worked out for ya your first time, it took me 8 days of using a bong before I finally felt it!

My first time high really wasn't much of an experience more just pure chaos, I pictured my head spinning as a giant clown's head and I would port in and out of reality every few seconds.

The first few weeks following my first high were the best highs of my life, music activated pure euphoric rushes which feel nothing short of amazing, and a bunch of uncontrollable laughing attacks :D I remember when sounds and everything use to be so enhanced, enjoy it while it lasts! Your first weeks smoking are the best and just wait, you will get so high one day you wouldn't believe it's possible

19. The guy above me is right about the first highs being the best but don't worry, it's still amazing after those.

He's also very correct about being so high one day you didn't think it's possible aha. 4th time I got high, was the most entrancing magical experience I've ever had. Would've believe I took a psychedelic if someone told me.

I like to think of the first times as my warm welcome to weed.

It's still as special to me now, just brings a different mindset with it than at the beginning. And has evolved into an amazing gift to enhance my life.