First Time Grow (:

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by ibescroads420, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Nice mate. Look great! Do you plan on taking a little sample soon before harvest?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Those bud sites are looking sexy mate !
    I love the colors, must be smelling awesome haha.

Do you have a magnifying glass or something to see those trychomes upclose ?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Not a lot of trichome devolpment, the super macro setting on my camera does a fairly well job when zoomed in thats all i have atm. 

4. I decided to make a very simple makeshift greenhouse for my plants yesterday, Last night it was -3 my tomato plants died im so happy i had them put in there they arnt doing so well but if the weather warms up like they say its suppose to be should be alright.  Anyone ever made a greenhouse out of thick recycling bags? This is how it works.
    View attachment 145321
    View attachment 145322

Im hoping that it will keep tham warmer at night any ideas on how to make them warmer?

5. Well, air is the best, you "closed" your environement so it should always stay 4-6C warmer than outside at night if I'm correct.

Did not have this problem yet. The coldest a got was 3C, and it usualy stay around 5-10C.

But I would be confident in your setup mate !

Light trigger number
    -A-White-Lady-In-The-Wild] Journal - white widow - first grow in progess

6. Thats what i was going for if the weather stays colder like this I wont have a chance for them to fully mature, Im going to try and find a thicker material to use untill next grow im going to make a proper green house.  Any idea on how to make it warmer in there without electricity.

7. Soo have some sad news, plants are dying, leaves are all turning yellow, wilting and curling up.. There are getting copper spots all over the leaves, and they just dont look good at all, soo question is do i chop them now and save what i have or let them keep going.

8. #111 Ghostbustaar, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
    Well, as far as I know yelloing leaves are normal when flowering. I myself lost 60+ leaves that turned yellow before falling by themself or me cuting them.

I would say keep gooing, to pump anything in the buds. Anyway, if the plant feel she's dying she will start boost flower in a last stant, wich will produce a lot of resein and boost the buds. I would simply watch for mold.

Light trigger number
    -A-White-Lady-In-The-Wild] Journal - white widow - first grow in progess

9. Its been very hot outside, and my one plant is doing alot better than it was, The plant with the even canopy on the other hand died from the cold nights we had :cry:  Tried to bend a branch alittle bit and it just snapped off. :confused_2:  Hoping my other plant starts to fill out the buds cause my harvest isnt going to be looking very good this year if they dont.

10. #113 Ghostbustaar, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    Nice little greenhouse! I've got a little makeshift one (commercial) that's probably similar, but I've found it looses heat quickly. The biggest thing to improve it holding heat is to have some sort of heat sink - usually bricks, rocks, or stones that can absorb heat during the day and retain it for a good part of the night. You can also give it some extra insulation by draping it in a blanket (even an old bed sheet will help) on cold nights.