Venting Into Ceiling

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by TheGreenCaptainNE, Jun 6, 2014.

1. #1 TheGreenCaptainNE, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2014
    Just wondering if anyone had any good ideas on how to cover a 4 in ventilation hole in my closet ceiling that would be inconspicuous in case I need to pack up my grow for an apartment inspection.

My idea was to cut the hole and then use one of those battery operated light mounts like those "as seen on TV" things to cover the hole.

This would work because there's no lights in an 8 foot deep walk in closet I plan on using for my 3x3x5 tent.

If anyone has a better idea I'm all ears. My idea would work but its pretty half ass and I'm sure other people have had to do the same thing, so throw me some ideas!

Edit: just has to be temporary, when moving day comes I'll patch it permanently (and I don't really care what the LL thinks because I'll be gone before he notices anything most likely, worst case scenario I'll tell him I put a hole in the ceiling while storing my ski's for the winter)

2. Another idea is to just fashion some sort of hard floor vacuum like contraption that would be attached to the bottom of the door and utilize the cool air from the bedroom AC to passively be sucked into the tent through a length of ducting going to my tent and then exhausted into the walk in closet. I'd end up with negative pressure in the tent and positive pressure in the closet though and I don't know if that's a no-no (I'd think that the closet isn't super airtight so the excess pressure would bleed off)

I'd rather not have to replace the door and cut holes in a new one. If I were to replace the door I'd look for one with louvers low to the floor that could be left partially open to cool the closet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app