Sticky Fingers In the Sticks

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by tenshuu, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Can you explain this with more detail? Very curious and unknowing.

2. 4 plants in 5 gallon buckets trained will have more tops per square inches then 8 untrained lollipopped smaller plants in smaller pots, the old addage of the bigger the root the bigger the fruit..

3. Thank you! Appreciate the time put in and explanation!

4. No problem do what u are comfortable with if u want do the 8 plant thing then do the 4 plant thing and see what u like diff growers will tell u diff things this is all from personal experience Though my next run will be scrog I got 2 plants almost done flowering and 2 plants in veg untrained on 12/12 I want Xmas trees lol

5. I will do the 4, all fem seeds. No auto's. And I thought 12/12 was flowering?

6. Its to induce flowering yes but if u think about equitorial time its 12/12 almost all the time it will still beg for a month or so before it flowers u can GI 12/12 start to finish if u want short plants too

7. Sorry to throw this in here but since I was talking about 12/12 from start figured I'd show u all the 2 in back are week 5 of flower, the 2 in front are 3 weeks in on vegging at 12/12
    As u can see there's a huge diff between training and not training

Attached Files:

8. You can post photos in here it's cool. Yeah, those look awesome BTW

9. I just posted a full update on my journal trichs are bursting like crazy

10. One girl has a few spots on 2 sets of leaves..... Otherwise everything is going pretty healthy. Top dressed with a nice mix of compost, kelp meal, and plant tone. Maybe 2 more waterings and I'll see some crazy growth from all of them... Oldest lady is only developing better and better, next one in line looks phenomenal, excited to see her come harvest.

Attached Files:

11. Looks like cal/mag def to me

12. OK, means I top dressed at the right time... Kelp meal should have plenty available in it

13. Kelp is awesome shit

14. I'm looking at the 300w Apollo LED as a cheaper option to the 220w Solar Flare I'm really hoping for.

How would you review your Apollo?

15. I'd honestly say it's worth exactly it's price, which I don't think is unreasonable.... If I did it again I think I'd rather have a square/rectangle design instead of UFO. Mine came with a single dead diode, I was too lazy to replace it and in a rush to start my grow.

My yields have been very much below optimal, but I can promise you that it's all user and environment error, the light made some very tight nodes and pretty good growth until I started loving my plants too much the first time through....

This may seem unusual, but I highly suggest you take a look at the thread "bongsauces micro cabs n stuff" he made a small box and used 6 11-watt 2700k led bulbs from utilitech, he got over 1gpw, forgot how many ladies he used though. I'm going to add 6 unaltered 10w 2700k led bulbs to this cab once funds/time are available.

16. I haven't done a lot of research on the solar flare, but I've skimmed some journals that definitely showed some sexy performance, even at lower watts.... But those price tags are scary to invest in

17. I hear their warranty is top notch...

18. If they perform as well as they seem, should be totally worth the extra dough then, warranty guarantees on expensive Led lights can make it with it

19. #159 DeepfriedNugs, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    Well I spent some time today doing some reading and comparing. The Apollos seem to be one of the best bangs for your buck. Most reviews are positive. Apollo also makes a few cob units that really grabbed my attention.

My only question now is, is a 110w led going to be enough for my small cab. I'm using 6 50w cfl's right now so there's that for comparison. They make a 110w cob model that has my attention.
    Although the 170w panel is also very appealing... Lol

20. Is your goal to have just one panel in your space?
    I bought the beginnings of my upgrade, just gotta implement it. Still missing some flexible light sockets, so I'm losing uniformity.

Here's a pre -upgrade update from last night's photo shoot.
    1419179898919.jpg full cab. Every lady is a different age, there is at least a month difference between the first two in the back left, the rest are anywhere between a week and 2 weeks different.
    1419179925188.jpg some closeups coming soon of the weirdo in back left.....
    1419180144695.jpg she only got repotted from a solo about a month ago... She's showing unusual single blade leafs near the top, but all of her buds are still growing very well, so maybe she's just weird....
    1419180241903.jpg you can see she stretched a lot before I got the extra 150w of cfl in there - they are going to be replaced with 6 - 10w Phillips led lights, no modifications to bulb or cover, and they will be spread better over the entire cab. 3 on either side of UFO.
    1419180380992.jpg last mutant photo (she is a clone from the same mother as the other 5 girls in my cab)
    1419180443293.jpg my 2nd oldest lady, she's got 1-1.5 months left to go before finishing, I lost track of planting time of my 3 girls following the mutant, my offline log got messed up.... I'm proudest of her so far though, she's going to produce wonderful amounts of bud.

1419180568553.jpg next in line, she's still working though the stretch period, probably will end up similar to the previous lady.

1419180633049.jpg beginning to show flowers and start the stretch!

1419180705368.jpg youngest girl, I have a lady in a solo cup that is only a week older - she's in the solo cup challenge until I decide she may not like me putting her in a solo cup for 4-4.5 months.... Coming up on 3 weeks and still no sign of flowers.

1419180846992.jpg
    1419180860322.jpg she's always droopy in that cup haha.... And drinks a lot, I might need to do a wick or water reservoir.
    1419180874517.jpg one last full cab photo