Ravekids First Grow ~(Plur)~

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ravekid, Jun 4, 2014.

1. #41 Scars, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
    Hey man, I feel like I have to tell you to stop worrying almost everytime we talk, hahaha.

The plant could be droopy for a few reasons.

1) The soil may be too compact holding too much moisture in the center of the growing media. The soil may look dry on top (top layer exposed to hot light) but maybe mucky underneath.

2) Ventilation, if there isn't enough air moving through, the leaves will not have enough CO2 to perform essential plant processes causing droop. Plant is pretty much suffocating due to lack of ventilation.

3) Light is too weak/far away. You'll notice that the leaves point up to the strongest source of light. Sometimes referred to as "praying leaves". A plants light source is like their god. If the plant god (light) is not strong enough then why would the followers (ganja plants) pray to him.

As far as the plant being small, well, here the thing. We can only see what is going on above the soil. You'd be surprised how fast roots grow. Those small ass pots with soil only 3/4 full, growing for a month...those plants are root bound in my opinion. Which is probably causing the yellowing, droopiness, etc. The plants are probably not too happy. But like I said, it's all good. Cannabis is a survivor and tends to survive all kinds of adversities.

In your case, you're about to transplant into the FFOF soon so I would stop worrying so much. Just transplant those bitches and watch them take off.

2. #42 Ravekid, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    Lol I know!! I'm just sick of loosing plants it was crazy there for a lil while lol..... When the temps were crazy. I'm doing good now temps down got some great plants going got me nutes and will have my FFOF in the next day or so. Both my window plants are doing great I have them a dose of the Go Box and they seem really happy today crazy growth just overnight!! sweet!!! I will put up some pics in a few need to shower long day at work. I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me out through this and put up with my stupidity lol..... It's all good I'm learning and have learned a lot just in the few month I have been growing and mad respect to I can't think of your name at this time (Scars)just smoked a fatty lol!!! But you have helped me out the most taken time out your day to help and I really respect that so thanks man!!! Well I'm off this bitch!!! ~PLUR~

Ravekid

3. Hey just a lil update: plants are doing great!! Going to transplant them in the next 2 days to my FFOF. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406752992.863563.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406753011.577058.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406753025.320816.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406753038.530466.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406753051.295430.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406753063.844325.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406753078.145555.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406753093.442347.jpg

Ravekid

4. Subbed up bud.

FFOF is an awesome soil to use. I started mine from seed in FFOF and have had very little problems since they sprouted. For at least the first 3 weeks, just like Scar said, don't feed them any nutes and just watch them grow. FFOF has plenty of food in it for them, and as long as your temps and watering is right, they should SHOOT up. I haven't added a single thing to my babies except water, and they're growing about a 1/2 inch a day. It'd probably be growing even faster if I had more light.

I totally understand your frustrations and why you're so worried about them, but until they're at least 3 weeks old, you can't do a whole lot but just wait. Once you get them established in the FFOF (3-4 days after transplant) you should look into LST and other training methods. You're gonna be fine as long as you keep an eye on the basics and don't let it get too complicated for you. It's still just a plant... Hope I can help you more in the future. With those genetics I can't wait to see what you end up with.

You'll get through it with us supporting you bud. And before you know it, you'll end up smoking the best shit you've ever seen, proud as hell cause YOU created it!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Thanks man!!!! Much respect to you as well!!! The thing is to that I had a lot more time in the beginning to just watch over them and had never seen them grow so what could be ok I thought was wrong lol... But I have read crazy amounts on the growth and life of the cannabis plant and what I have learned from you guys on here I have chilled out a lot Lol... But now I'm working I can just let them do what they do and I will be good!! Well I'm off to go zip lining hope everyone has a great night!!! Smoke one for me ad I will smoke two for you lol.....~PLUR~

Ravekid

6. Lol hell Yeah man where are you that you can just go out zip lining?! I'm wicked jealous!

7. Yeah, here in Texas, we have mostly flat land. Can't really zip line here. Sounds fun though.

8. Vermont!! Ya there are some cool shit around here to do! I had a blast last night sorry no pics I would of lost my camera somewhere in the mix so I said to hell with it. So anyways what is the smallest pots I can get by with and not have problems? I got my soil today but need to know what pots I can go with I know 5 gallon would be good but I need space.

Ravekid

9. Just wanted to put up a few pics of the grow! Got my soil now just need my pots!! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406850437.471458.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406850461.506294.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406850478.679649.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406850499.314332.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406850514.027403.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406850527.512168.jpg

Ravekid

10. I don't know yet I'm trying to find out what the smallest pots I can get away with so I can get a few more plants in my Box.

Ravekid

11. You could try cloth smart pots. Even the cloth reusable grocery bags. They can be manipulated to fit more, but are plenty big. Plus they give the roots more air and don't need drain holes.

12. could I use 1or 2 gallon pots?

Ravekid

13. Ok say I don't use the smart pots what is the smallest I can get away with? 1-2-3 gallon?

Ravekid

14. #59 Baldheaded Rasta, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
  15. So with these pots you just put the soil in them and that's it? You don't have to put that into a pot?

Ravekid