Queen City Growers

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by johnnyjane, Jun 3, 2014.

1. For my grow I now use 700 watts of HPS , 1 400 watt and 2 150 watts. I have grown with cfl, cfl and a 150 hps, cfl and 2 150 hps.. more light equals more bud. Most of my grows are documented here and can be accessed by my sig link below. I have learned plenty here and also by reading all I can. You can avoid issues by learning from others mistakes. You mentioned trial and error but why not leave that to someone else if you can? I have had several successful harvests and I can tell you (again) this is a science, especially indoor as yo u control your plants world. If you do that correctly you will produce smokeable herb and there is no feeling like that.

2. Here is my current grow 1 week into flower.

Attached Files:

3. Alright making some hash. I'm going to use two large chef bowls. The bottom will be ice, salt, and a bit of water to make a slurry.

I'm going to put water ice and small batches of trim in the next chef bowl and hand mix for 4 minutes.

Apparently at 5 minutes chlorophyll will start leaching into the water.

I'm not going to f around with all 5 bags either.

The 220 for the trim, 160 for a second filter straight to the 25 for gathering.

We shall see how the first batch goes!

4. So far so good... And man is it cold.

Attached Files:

5. The colors not to bad. At least its not forest green!

Attached Files:

6. Here's a curing bud from my daddy medicine plant, super red hairs. This plant started to nanner on me but I think im safe it didn't look like this plant or any others were pollinated.

Has a very minty smell when growing. Buds when cured have a very saw dusty smell. Has a old school hash taste. This was my first strain to grow and I love it, it will be in my garden for a while. Also just cut down my train wreck. The yield looks more than disappointing

Attached Files:

7. Queen City as in meridian?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. We might as well just make this thread the "queen cities" forum cause there's a lot of queen cities apparently

9. New piece for me!

1405189925499.jpg

10. Ma dude sorry I haven't been on. But basically man I'm growing in my closet and I still live with my parents. So yes I'm hiding the plants. Honestly I don't think I will move the hps light in because my buddy told me the light was literally burning holes in his leaves and his space to grow was an entire bathroom. Floor to ceiling. I'm afraid it will completely dry my plants. Or maybe he just doesn't want me to succeed haha. But I was gonna respond when I transferred my plants to my 5 gallon bucket, and I was gonna transfer as soon as I knew the sex of my plants.

Well as I took into consideration that watering my plants everyday is a bad idea since two and half weeks ago I did. And growth was still consistent. Now yesterday for instance I just couldn't believe that one plant is growing taller and more leaves and bushier and the other is just stuck at the same height it's been since I can remember. Now remember guys I have these plants in white cups. Made out of styrofoam. Uhm I stopped watering everyday which in result I stopped taking the cups out of the other cup (for drainage purposes) and emptying the falling drained water. Today I watered them after noticing some yellow leaves on my bigger plant I watered both however... Now quick question should I cut off the yellow leaves I'm no to worried the bigger leaves on top are just blocking light to getting to bottom leaves right? That's why they turned yellow right?

Any ways should I trim those yellow dead leaves off.

Ok anyways back to my shocked as hell question slash observation slash I did this already and I'm basically asking if I did the right thing.

I pulled the cup out to see if I should drain some water... (Bigger plant) saw drops of water nothing really and then I noticed this white thing poking out of one the holes I poked in the bottom of the styrofoam cup obviously a root. I thought oh shit I'm running out of space. This is bad right??

Well I looked at my smaller plant and holy fuck! When I pulled the cup out roots had exploded through the holes!! Pig tailing and running wild. I freaked out. It's like my bigger plant had not a lot of roots but was growing big and strong and my smaller plant had insane roots! At least six inches. I wanted to take pictures but like I said I freaked out. I transferred both plants.

Transferred my small plant first
    I carefully cut down the side of the cup and opened then the bottom came I didn't know if roots were there at the bottom just corn rolled up so I didn't wanna slice through any roots. I just peeled and pinched ever so gently little styrofoam pieces till i carefully for the baby plant out with all the roots in tact.

Now my second plant and bigger plant I did the same exact thing sliced the side and opened since roots weren't exploding through these holes it was easy for me to just raise the plant out an d transfer.
    And it was weird all the roots had lined the cup wrapping around the dirt.
    It's like one nice layer of roots then dirt

I placed both in the five gallon bucket.

Do you think they have a chance?
    Also yea I put two plants in one pot it's all I have.

I started with six germinated seeds that germinated successfully then got rid of 4 because I knew I was way over my head. This just scared me.

Should I just wait and see? Should I kill one plant.

Just to give you an idea my bucket is 12 inches wide I filled it up to 10 inches with dirt the bucket itself is 14 inches in length
    Can two plants even survive. Is 39 inches just not enough. Well obviously it isn't. Can you tell I suck ass hole lol. I'm super nervous.

Also I don't care if noting buds. I'll use the trim to make hash hahaha
    Double also I hope it buds. Lol

11. Been working on a new project.

Picked up a 1000 watt light. Built a 3x3 screen and am filling her out.

1000 watt Scrog Journal

Attached Files:

12. how's the screen filling out?

Sent from my XT1031 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Attached Files:

14. How's everyone been lately? This threads been quiet!

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."

1000 watt Scrog Journal

15. About to flip these MLI clones

Attached Files:

16. funny you spotted the aloe plants, I now have aloe vera powder so the plant is strictly for cloning, if I ever do any cloning that is lol

17. We've got one we chop up for sunburns.

We named it Seymour. When the sun picks up she stands nice and tall. Around dinner time the branches rest. Whoever sits in the corner gets attacked by it almost daily lol.

1410956458141.jpg

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."

1000 watt Scrog Journal

18. Hello boys! Been a min. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411390695.971125.jpg

Sent from my Mansion on Mars.

19. What's that Johnny love the colors. Hey BTW I have some clones if any one is interested. Been smoking on some ice and sour widow, LA con is getting cut in 2 days