04 Mazda Rx8

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Dirtyswiff, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Pic didn't work^ this is ecu panel:
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409667279.415315.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

2. I think you found the problem.

condensation + electronics = fucked

3. Here is my 89 FC turbo2 ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409671788.132658.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409671843.951025.jpg

Get high, Be high, Live high

4. I used to but a lot of ppl troll there now. My name is my89turboII I believe haha and ya my car is my baby. It's almost ready for paint then dyno after my new rebuilt. Hoping for the 400ho range. But nice to see other rotary peeps. Was pretty shocked to see this thread ha

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409672432.697886.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409672453.484132.jpg

5. #26 Scars, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    @[member="Frombi710"]

That's actually really clean. I could eat a steak off that engine bay.

What mesh wheels are those?

6. Thanks. Took some time finding this car ha. And they are xxr's I can't remember the model. But the new style have bolts on them now.

7. #28 invinciblejets, Sep 2, 2014
    Yeah the club has certainly changed I still follow a lot of guys build threads in there
    My name is the same as here.
    Yeah I'm rebuild a s5 turbo for my vert was thinking about going v mount like you how is it? looks awesome.
    Is that a real turbo II or a swap?

8. I love my v-mount. It's 100% custom I could show you how to do it. It's super easy. But you have to run tin/aluminum to guide the air. It's awesome for boost reasons but bad cuz they do get a lil hotter. But I run 2 electric fans that run off a reostat that goes off my radiator temp. Ne'er gets any hotter the 89c on a 105f day ha. But I do also have a w/m inj kit for safty

And yes it's a real turbo2. 100% vin matching

9. Nice! Not too many number matching t2s left
    Yeah I was looking at water/meth seems most v mount guys have it.

Might take some tips on the v mount to because v mount kits are crazy expensive soon enough may be able to fab up whatever I need too

10. Mine is pretty much a modified Evo i/c. if your serious about wanting some help I could get a lot more detailed on it for ya with pictures. Since I'm already stripping it all for paint and rebuilt I could measure everything too.

11. Just realized you have s4 taillights on an s5 you just like the s4s better?

12. #33 invinciblejets, Sep 2, 2014
    No need to go crazy I'm FAR off from worrying about intercoolers I don't even have my turbo yet lol just a short block with no turbo just manifold
    Have not even cracked it open yet I know it at least need coolant seals

13. I got 2 t2s laying around. Ones large street with s4 rotarys other is bridge with s5 rotars

14. #35 invinciblejets, Sep 2, 2014
    My keg is street ported apparently I'm just hoping iron and housings are good if not I may be interested in yours if you plan on selling one lol.
    I kinda impulse bought mine from a local rotary guy who was liquidating I probably should have found a closer to full swap but whatever

15. The guy before me put the s4s on. I have 1 s5 just need te other now haha. And I'm sure I could sell one. They also have intake mani and throttle body's. They are torn down though so you'll need a rebuilt kit

16. Well in the next couple I'm going to tear into it so I'll let ya know
    I have to keep it at a buddies house because I live in a apartment so have no where to store it without my girlfriend murdering me in my sleep haha

17. When you get it open check for scaring too. And women don't like us having projects, takes away from them haha

18. Out of curiosity, is anyone going to sevenstock on nov 23?

19. I wish I live in sc :(
    Maybe one day when my car is worthy to travel that far for a show haha would be amazing though..
    Did you go last year?