Do I Need A Humidity Dome?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xXGanjah420Xx, May 31, 2014.

1. So here i am with another noob question :D

One of my seeds has just germinated in my shotglass(yay) and i think its ready to get stuffed in the soil.

I've seen people use humidity domes(or coke bottles xD) for some time. Do i really need one or can i go ahead and plant the seed without it?

Thank you

2. Yes, plant the seed as soon as it's ready. You do not need a humidity dome, but it could help to throw a clear bag over your cup for a day or two just until it sprouts.

3. Humidity dome honestly helps keep the soil moist and a humid environment is more idea for seedlings although not mandatory. But if you do, I would slowly release the humidity by poking holes in the bottle and taping over them, then taking one off every other day

I'm a noob so you don't have to listen to me.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1305920-Kushgodrex%27s-First-Grow

So if i dont have a humidity dome do you think i should spray the soil more often to keep it humid?

5. I don't think I would spray the soil as you want to let it dry out a bit I have read if you take so paper towels and wet them then hang them up in your room it will bring your humidity up

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app