No Expense Greenhouse

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by Yabasis, May 31, 2014.

1. Hello fellow growers.

So I have heard good things about greenhouses and I thought well why not build one, but without spending any money.

So after hunting around the house and garden (all 5000sq ft) I have managed to come across almost pretty much everything I need.

Started on the 22nd May, here are the photos I have so far. Will be finishing the sides, roof and electrics next week and make a start on irrigation.

As you will see by the last photo I have the girls in there already. From Left to Right - Bagseed, UK Cheese, UK Cheese, Northern Lights Auto, UK Cheese.

Thanks for looking and any questions feel free to ask.

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. So my phone managed to post 4 copies of this thread. This is the only one with the pictures so the others are void and no idea how to delete them.

3. Looking good bro. Interested to see how it all progresses. Your girls look nice man, well done.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. Hey thanks man.

Here are some photos as of today. I have been away over the weekend so I took some photos from earlier today.

The biggest plant is a Bagseed, on the table from left to right. Northern Lights Auto, UK Cheese, UK Cheese, UK Cheese.

Bagseed at 80cm - Sprout Date 2nd April Outdoors.

Northern Lights Auto at 54cm - Spout Date 2nd May Outdoors.

UK Cheese at 60cm - Sprout Date - 28 April Outdoors.

The other 2 UK Cheese I don't have measurements of but I am LSTing one and will try either Top or Fim. I have been away over the weekend so I couldn't repot these. That I shall be doing tomorrow :)

Nutrients are currently :

Bioprotec Black Gold Bonsay
    (Yes it is for Bonsai but works very well and was all I could find on my first grow and will be changing it soon as I am running out)

BioBizz Fish-Mix

Thanks for looking in and any suggestions or questions are welcome.

Attached Files:

5. Nice work dude. I'd go with topping over fimming as all fimming will give u is just some leaves with cut off tips, it doesn't grow an extra top. Topping grows an extra top.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

6. looking good! i'm subbed! 

7. Nice. I like the shelving you got going on.

8. Dang man, all that for $0? Mad props. Plants look great man!

9. Hey everyone thanks for all the comments. I have to say yes this has cost me 0,00€. Everything has been recycled from the garden.

So here is an update on the plants, I will have some extra pictures of the Greenhouse tomorrow as I am just finishing off the irrigation system.

10. Name: Bagseed
    Height: 95cm

Attached Files:

11. Name: Northern Lights Auto
    Height: 68cm

Attached Files:

12. Name: UK Cheese
    Height: 72cm

Attached Files:

13. Name: UK Cheese LST

Name: UK Cheese 2
    Height: 40cm

Attached Files:

14. your plants look amazing! I want mine to get more sidebranching like yours but they were started and vegged for a long time under CFL and also tight together. 

15. Okay an update as of today.

Plants are growing fantastically, they are loving the Greenhouse. They are now all on the following nutrient mix:

Vegative Growth:
    Bio-Bizz Bio Heaven
    Bio-Bizz Fish Mix
    BioProtec Black Gold

Flowering Growth:
    Bio-Bizz Bio Heaven
    Bio-Bizz Bloom
    Bio-Bizz Top Max

Also planted today:
    2 Sour Diesel
    1 Super Silver Haze
    1 Moby Dick Auto

I will post pictures of those when they break ground.

So here are the pictures from today. I will measure them on their next photo shoot.

Bagseed:

UK Cheese:

UK Cheese LST:

UK Cheese Topped:

Attached Files:

16. Northern Lights Auto:

Started flowering: 9th June

Attached Files:

17. And here are some more of the other plants I am growing. Tomatoes, Chillis, Beetroot and Cabbage currently and waiting for more to start sprouting.

Also have some irrigation that I am testing at the moment, hence the messy pipes.

Attached Files:

18. Update from 14th June.

First is the Bagseed at now just over 1m.

Next is the UK Cheese, all 3 of them are doing really well. Growth has slowed on the LST and Topped Cheese as they were transplanted into bigger pots so I think they are spreading the load across roots and leaves.

Lastly is the Northern Lights, she has been flowering really well, however, growth will slow a bit as I was a bit heavy handed when moving them and snapped a lower branch... I have tied it together so hopefully will repair herself soon.

Another update is that I now have 2 Sour Diesels sprouted along with Super Silver Haze. Just waiting on the Moby Dick Auto. Will get pics of those soon.

Attached Files:

19. #20 Yabasis, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
    So they are still growing strong. I had a quick measure earlier of the Bagseed and it has grown 10cm in 4 days. The others I haven't checked yet but will do tomorrow. The LST'd UK Cheese has really filled out in the last couple of days as well.

We now also have 1 Sour Diesel, 1 Super Silver Haze and 1 Moby Dick Auto sprouted and on it's second set of leaves and they all appeared on the 15th. The other Sour Diesel is above the ground as of today but just needs to shred the rest of the shell off.

Now for today's pictures...