tide Is Turning As Oregon Voters Overwhelmingly Approve Ban Of Ge Crops

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rotties4Ever, May 30, 2014.

i am just curious, where do you get your numbers... for couple hundred (against gmo) vs several thousand (pro gmo) ... if i am reading what you say correctly. because you already mentioned these numbers a few times (although it was millions pro-gmo before)?

2. #182 Cactus Ed, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2014
    Did I mention your name?  I didn't say every person against GM ate organic or voted for Obama.  If you voted for Romney fine.

And you're right, I am pretty ignorant.  GM foods mean nothing to me.  I don't care if they exist or not, I just don't like seeing people slam it when there's really nothing concrete to base that opinion on.  And by people I don't mean you specifically. Speaking of anarchy, did you realize my avi and username are from Edward Abbey, my literary hero?

3. ummmm. You should reread your other post

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Sometimes I'll stumble on an old post of mine and not know what I could have been thinking.  I don't know which other post you're talking about but I wouldn't be surprised if it was something pretty dumb.  All my posts are consistent with what I'm thinking at the time.

5. People always say "STUDIES SHOWED IT GAVE HORRIFIC TUMORS TO RATS WHO WERE FED GM CORN!!!!11one"

Actually, the study people keep citing on that was very poorly done, for one they didn't even make sure their control groups were fed non GM corn, so that basically invalidates the whole study right there. Then there's the fact that the strain of lab rat they were using naturally gets tumors at around 2 years, which was the length of the study XD.

I forget the name of the head researcher on that study but it was a French study and it's been thoroughly debunked. The bulk of evidence can't find a clear link to human health concerns.

6. Sounds similar to the tests on weed where they said it causes brain damage.. where they subjected monkeys to suffocating amounts of smoke and oxygen deprivation and said that the weed was the cause of their brain damage. And we all know how people ate that up in the beginning..

Actually, I said thousands, and then updated to "if not millions" as that is probably more accurate, but I do not know the numbers.  As to the numbers you are inquiring about, a quick google search shows there are over 2000 GMO Studies that have been/are being conducted to determine the safety by the scientific community.

http://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2013/10/08/with-2000-global-studies-confirming-safety-gm-foods-among-most-analyzed-subject-in-science/#.U54dtnYvCuQ

"When merged, there should be well over 2000 GMO related studies, a sizable percentage-as many as 1000-that have been independently executed by independent scientists."

I've never watched any videos on GMOs on YouTube, but for some reason this one was coming up a recommended for me.. freaky.. He talks about the collection of studies in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKO9s0zLthU