Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Life In A Free State

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by abracapocus, May 30, 2014.

1. #1 abracapocus, May 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2014
    I'm curious if folks in Colorado are experiencing the same thing. We're still weeks away from retail up here (I think). But I've noticed that the last few times I've caught up with my guy, there's been a little something extra in the thrown in (an extra dime of something special last month, an edible gluten-free fig bar today) ...

This NEVER happens - and I've been with the same connect for five years.

I plan to stay loyal once stores open, but you can't help but wonder if the potential competition right around the corner hasn't already had an effect on business practices ...

2. Obviously, dealers are going to go broke unless they make changes or sell for cheaper then dispensaries. Must be nice to live in a free state though. Enjoy my friend!  :bongin:

3. I live in WA too. Definitely gonna go to the stores when they open. Great place to meet other stoners too. I get hooked up pretty fat myself but I heard Colorado is charging 30 dollars a gram so I don't know what dealers would be worried about competition wise.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. #4 RamAbballah, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2014
    I live in CA but I don't think you're info on CO is correct. It's probably more like $15/g for recreational, top shelf. I think one of the big reasons that it was that expensive was the huge demand and just as important: a bottleneck in supply at the beginning of legalization. As I understand it, the first dispensaries selling recreational bud to people in CO were already-existing MMJ establishments (simply because they were already there) who had to divide their supply before they were able to make use of expanded growing limits. Soon there will be more competition and more supply which should bring prices down. 

As long as prices are close your average street dealer is going to have a hard time competing with a shop you can walk into and browse a large selection of different buds and other cannabis products. Good dealers who drop their prices should be able to survive, at least for a while since those prices in CO are still relatively high. What do you think the prices will be in WA? Isn't the bud getting hit with taxes three separate times, making it taxed more than CO?

5. Yeah WA gets a 25% tax on it. It's going to be pretty damn expensive. I won't be going to the shops

6. If it's a 21 and over law for rec. weed, then the dealers will be sellin to all the high school and college kids. But everyone over 21 will be buying from the stores.

7. I understand all the laws and what's going on with everything about rec an medical marijuana use, but, what are you saying when you say.a "free" state?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. #8 AugustWest, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
    what's the deal w/ weed growing in the "free" states?
    are they free to grow their own?

9. Why would you want to buy from the stores? I mean I understand for the quality. But I'm sure you're identity is marked down in a government databank as well as the fact that weed is taxed to hell in stores. I'd much rather buy from reputable guys as well as just grow the stuff. It's a plant for fucks sake. I've been in WA all year and still hear about cops raiding people for toking. Federal law am I right?

Guys who have thousands of plants have been busted (ripped off by pigs) but not jailed.

Where I live in Washington they don't give a fuck if you have some plants. Im not growing in my front yard quite yet but maybe next summer. Medical paperwork and you can grow your own big time.

11. You're gonna get your plant stolen eventually

Plant? Bring a small pick up truck.

LOL  Im out of the way, private road, Even then finding the plants would not be simple. 6 dogs keep the riff raff away.

13. Lol.

14. I buy $10/g so unless the stores can beat that price I'm sticking to my source

15. I guess I just don't understand why anyone would buy weed if they live in a state where you can grow your own stone! Even if you are "unregistered"(for those that fear their name on a list), I wouldn't think the penalty would amount to much more than a civil fine. I could be wrong, stranger things have happened! Peace!

16. I u have a license it reg prices. Those without or recreational smokers pay double

17. #17 Thicken Dense, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2014
    Makes sense. Good example of how competition can increase quality and quantity.

Ill. has a shit system, growing licenses will be awarded to only a few producers with large-scale ops. One of them has an indoor warehouse that's 190,000 sq ft, it's bigger than a super wal-mart. Small business has to get creative or die when big corporations come into town with the blessing of local politicians who write special laws for them. NY has a similar bill, except no provision for growers. One ignorant politician wants to use police seizures of marijuana (of unknown quality) to provide for patients :eek: ... "You can't sell that" *takes your weed, sells it*

Does anybody else think that plant limits exist to protect market value for the big companies?

18. I can tell you here in Tn, when Co started recreational sales, its saved me alot of money just this year already

19. idk It would be cool but i don't wanna be on paper as pot head buys excessive amounts of pot you can't trust the system man