Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I Hallucinate Every Time I Smoke

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Meatloaf, May 30, 2014.

1. #21 Cloudtastic1, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
    Next comment below me::

2. Bud effects everyone differently. I have a friend who is just like you, a friend who turns into a narcoleptic, and myself who just gets super paranoid. You just have to find a good amount FOR YOU to smoke, or a good method of smoking it. Try a vape, or some low potency edibles. Then you'll be good!

3.   Check out the properties of the strain you are smoking.  If it is high in Sativa, it might be part of your problem.  I can't handle much of the Sativa.  I really prefer the couch lock of Indica.  Hope this helps.  Do you know the strain name you were smoking? That is assuming it was always the same stuff.

4. probably not a good idea to continue smoking, not really something you can ask your dr about either lol

5. if weed makes you hallucinate, its not for you.

6. Inb4ban

7. I am 28 years old. I have schizo affective disorder, which is basically the symptoms of schizophrenia from depression. I have had to quit using marijuana a few times. In my ten years of daily smoking I have quit for probably only eight months in total.

If things are getting unpleasant either stop for a couple months or just take one pull on a J. No bongs or blunts. This will get you some pleasant experience but less paranoia.

There has been a noticeable link between cannabis use at a young age and mental health problems. The problem with this information is that most people with mental health issues also self medicate, so the numbers will be very hard to look at.

My younger brother can no longer smoke because of a creepy deja vu feeling he gets. People are different. Some people dont trip on six hits of acid and other people have open eye visuals from hash. We are all different.

Personally I smoke a lot at this point. Shatter, bong rips and everything with no problems unless mixed with caffeine.

8. The same feelings I used to get off weed that used to make me laugh and the tripping I ised to enjoy now makes me feel unsure scared tripped out and kind of fucked up in a bad way simply because my situation has changed my life has changed and therefore the way I react to those same feelings has changed. They are the exact same feelings I used to laugh about and enjoy in my teenage. Now though my perception of those feelings and my perception of what those feelings/visuals mean has changed for the worse therefore my reaction and mental thought process after feeling those feelings or seeing those visuals has changed for the worse. For example when I was a teen I hadn't really experienced loss of someone I really love or death so when I heard the word death or saw a scene in a show or movie I didn't have any bad memories or thoughts or feelings to relate it to. Now in my twenties whenever I see death or hear cancer or tumour I trip out and my mind goes nuts thinking about the ones I've lost or what could happen to the ones I love. Another would be that when I was in my teens I had never lost a dog and my grandma was alot younger. I lost my first dog when she was 2 an now I have a dog that is just over two and my Ming goes nuts thinking about all the bad shit that could happen and my grandmas 80 something and if I visualize her when high I think it means something horrible because she is old and I lost my grandpa at her age , but her aunt lived till 110 so here's hopin'. Yea my point is when I was younger when I was high if I visualized my dog or my grandma I would think of good things memories or how much I love them and feel good. Weed would amplify that good feeling and just make me laugh and enjoy because that's what weed does it just amplifies the feeling you already have. Now when I think of my dogs and family I only think about how much it would suck losing them and when I'm high it's worse because the feelings and visuals are more vivid. If you are naturally scared weed can probably turn you into a paranoid schizophrenic. If your sad it may make you depressed. If your happy and confident it just makes life alot more awesome. Although I find if your angry it is great at making you feel relaxed and not so angry. In the end it is all just in your head and if you don't care about anything it can't fuck with you. I think we all get the same feelings when high off the same strains its just the way and how intensely we react to those feelings mainly because of our experiences that makes weed effect everyone differently.

9. Many thanks to everyone for giving me advice. I think I'll take a break from smoking for a while and then give it another try. If the same thing happens then I guess weed just isn't for me. Once again thank you to everyone for trying to give me a hand-I really appreciate it.

10. The noise isn't ringing in the ears is it?
    Go see a ear,nose throat dr. Aka ent doctors
    Or

You hAve some type of issue and your brain is trying to help you resolve it or get over it
    Notice it went away once after talking to your family?

Find someonemyoumcan trust and talk to. Maybe a brother or sister. Maybe your mom
    Tell her how you feel. A real mothers love might be able to help

11. Dont smoke its not good for your health. stop smoking

12. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do?  [​IMG]

13. Well, that's definitely not normal. While really strong weed/getting super high can cause visual distortions (geometric patterns mostly, just like stronger hallucinogens) and make you generally trip out, those kinds of hallucinations don't really sound like anything I've ever experienced, or heard of other people experiencing from weed alone, or even stuff like acid. The first time I smoke I experienced very clear and distinct delusions (I saw someone turn into a panda) and had very vivid CEVs (a fractal latticework of individual pictures that looked Bosch or Dali paintings) but if you've been smoking for a while and that only recently started happening, I doubt its just from being super high.  

Curiously, it does sound very much like what some people experience from Salvia, and while its rare for weed to actually be laced with anything (and if it is, its typically PCP) there's a possibility that it could have been laced with a salvia extract- did your weed taste funny? are these effects isolated to a specific batch of weed? 

My advice would be to stop smoking for the time being and go see a doctor, I don't know whether its schizophrenia or what, but hallucinations are a clear sign that something's wrong. If you do continue to smoke weed, I'd advise trying to get a very heavy Indica strain, as they're more calming and there's evidence that CBD is actually an anti-psychotic. 

I knew someone who had schizophrenia, and when she smoked she would talk to inanimate objects, it definitely triggered episodes. Weed is fine if your fine, but if your brain is already screwed up somehow, psychedelic drugs, even weed aren't the best thing to be fucking around with. 

14. Stop smoking and seek medical attention.

15. Just don't think about it. Sounds like you are having that image in your head every time you smoke now because your scared its gonna come back. I saw maybe a few minor hallucinations high but i just forget about it and the problem haven't happened again. If you have 1 hallucination and you freak out your bound to freak out every tike if you think about. So dont think about it. Thats all man.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. UH OH, BRO, YOU NEVER TOKE AT 4:20 A.M.  THE LAWS OF TOKE SAY YOU'RE ONLY SPOSED TO BLAZE UP AT 4:20 P.M.
    [​IMG]

UH OH, BRO, YOU NEVER TOKE AT 4:20 A.M.  THE LAWS OF TOKE SAY YOU'RE ONLY SPOSED TO BLAZE UP AT 4:20 P.M.
    [​IMG]

17. I also hallucinate when I smoke and the world becomes cartoonish and confusing

18. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do?[​IMG]

19. Private message me.