Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I Hallucinate Every Time I Smoke

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Meatloaf, May 30, 2014.

1. Alright so the title pretty much says it all but I thought I'd give a little background information.

I've been smoking for a little over a year now. I started with a group of friends who go to my college and I smoke with them almost every time. This problem didn't arise until about 3-4 months ago.

The first time i ever hallucinated from weed was when we decided to wake up at 4:20 am to smoke. I took 3 massive rips off my friends bong in quick succession. Everything started to get warm and numb- the normal high feeling. But after a few minutes i closed my eyes and felt a flash of terror when I saw a distorted, but very vivid picture of my dad. He was looking at me with a stern look on his face, but the top half of his head and face was all distorted. It was stretched out vertically. This really scared me and it totally ruined my high, as I would see the image every time i closed my eyes.

So that night freaked me out for a while so I took a break from smoking for about a week. When I next smoked, to my dismay i hallucinated again, this time even worse than the lasted time and it was during the arternoon. This time I saw distorted pictures of my entire family, including myself. Also, whenever I looked into the mirror, I would see a terrifying distorted reflection of my self.

This really scared the shit out of me. I started getting really paranoid about weed, thinking I might have early schizophrenia. However i asked my parents, and they said there has been no one on either side of my family with schizophrenia. Another week and a half or so passed before I finally smoked again. This time however; nothing happened. Everything was normal. A normal high made me really relieved so I started smoking regularly again. But, every few sessions, I would get those terrifying hallucinations.

Recently, it has gotten the worst it's been. I now hallucinate every time i smoke. I see the distorted pictures of my family everywhere too, even with my eyes open. I'm starting to get auditory hallucinations as well. I hear a strong white noise in my ears that blocks out everything for a few seconds, then goes away.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do? Any similar stories or situations? Honestly, anything related to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for any help

2. Stop smoking............

3. ^ or don't smoke as much.  Also hook me up with your guy.

4. Stop smoking. Sounds like schizophrenia see a shrink.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Wow thats a bit spooky, sorry I can't give any other advice other than stop smoking. We all know how much that sucks too though.

6. Why would you smoke again and again if something like that happened. I would see a doctor

How xix

7. Can you tell me about your relationship with your parents?

8. I have a really good relationship with both of my parents. They also both know and accept that I smoke.

9. What's the problem then? Your parents know you smoke tell them about your symptom's and go see a DR. I assume you are at least 18. 
    You are making this harder on yourself than it has to be have a honest talk with your parents and make a DRs appointment ASAP

BEST to you hope things get better! :wave:

10. #11 LBOSMOKE, May 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2014

Don't say that, schizophrenia consists of voices and thoughts that go on uncontrollable tangents related to extreme paranoid thoughts. Really the person with schizophrenia will go on some wild ass tangent about telepathy and shit, and they may think they are some sort of god. this happened to my friend and I would smoke blunts with him and he would go fucking insane and I would get way tripped out.  You can't say what is causing this for sure unless you check it with a Dr. but if its an issue and smoking makes it worse. Why smoke?

11. it is not normal to hallucinate that heavily on weed. Didnt say it was but it would be a good idea to stop and get it checked just in case. Schizophrenia isnt the same for everybody man

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. #13 Dr fumbles, May 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2014
    Sounds like someone consciousness is eating away at them. Your a little kid who thinks smoking weed is bad and are afraid to disappoint your family.

Trim Nazi

13. I get cev's all the time and auditory hallucinations when it's quiet. I've never had an opens eye hallucinations though. Schizophrenia usually onsets in your 20s anyways so if you're in college it's probably not that early.
    Do you have bipolar or anything?

IF it is schizophrenia (not saying it is, visual hallucinations aren't as common as movies would suggest) there are many things you can do to learn to quiet your mind. You will be told that you have a mental "problem", you're dangerous, and that the best thing is to be heavily medicated and committed to a job. Which is a horrible thing to tell someone with that kind of thought process.
    Schizophrenics used to be seen as prophets and shaman before this new world decided there was something wrong with them
    Start doing some serious meditation. I dont mean just sit quietly, spend some time researching different types and techniques for whats best for you. Tai chi also helps to calm your energy. With time and practice you can learn to shut these things out when they aren't necessary, and to use your gifts when the time is right. Just remember that you are the only person in control of your body, mind, and life.

14. #15 LBOSMOKE, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014

Im just saying you can't diagnose some one when there are so many other factors at play here, its the god damn internet. This guy could have gotten some whack ass bud, covered in some crazy ass mold and smoked it for all we know. schitzophrenia happens in only 1.1 percent of the population. If this guy is really worried he should get help if this shit stays when he doesn't smoke. If its something that happens just when he smokes, its simple. Stop smoking. Why smoke when its unenjoyable? weed effects people differently. 

15. I wasn't diagnosing him. I gave him my opinion on what I thought it sounded like and advised him to see a mental health professional.

16. Remember when people could just smoke a plant, and not be off their rocker?

17. Ignoring the "hallucinations", this sounds like tinnitus. Sucks. Stop listening to loud music.

18. Sounds like a lucid dream
    inb4 laced with dmt