What Vape Should I Get?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Crackhead420, May 29, 2014.

1. wow even after @[member="ICGreen"] post you still are butt hurt lol get over your self already and face it the pax is AWESOME! Hahahahahahaha

Sent from the moon using Grasscity Forum

2. Did I go against anything that he said? no...

You're really funny bro. Next time you come to the vapor forum try not to get so overly defensive about someone correcting your false statements.

3. @[member="Crackhead420"]

Sorry your thread got turned into a war. That really was not the intention and most of us on here have the intentions of helping you make an informed decision. @[member="ICGreen"] put it nicely when he said "Satisfaction is in the eyes of the user", and for @[member="wtfstocks"] this is very true. He likes the Pax, I get it, and his experience with the Pax is pretty unique compared to everyone else on the forum. 

As I said earlier it sounds like you've made your decision with the MFLB. Seems like you wanted to like the Dragon lite but it just wouldn't work lol. Well if you're still engaged in the thread let us know what you end up with! At this point I'm very curious considering everything this thread has been through today.

4. #44 wtfstocks, May 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2014
    lol chapalapalpapapapapapapalallapapapapapapapappapa

5. #45 Weedity, May 30, 2014
    Okay I'm not reading the rest of this thread, but I'm gonna come at your ignorance.

Ahem, the Arizer Solo can do everything the pax can do, hell it can do it even better. Longer battery life, better durability, better vape production, tons of accessories, very portable. Forgot to mention it has seven different temperature settings. 

The only thing it doesn't have on the Pax is discreteness and the Pax is slightly easier to carry around. That's it. Oh not to mention the Solo is cheaper.

/argumentover 

Considering that the PAX is one of the smelliest portables on the market, how discreet is it really?

Well, if someone picks up on the smell, which they will, you can just say "Oh I'm sorry, I just farted... wow that smells kinda skunky.."  That MIGHT get you out of the situation.

8. Is it really that smelly? I've never used the Pax. My friend had a Chinese knock off one and we vaped one pack out of it before selling it to some kid. 

The solo can get a bit smelly depending on the temp but I can't really compare it to other vapes since I haven't used many

9. #49 ren.dnb, May 30, 2014

The only thing I can compare the Pax to right now is the MFLB and VB 2.0. It is smellier than both of those vapes, and the VB 2.0 is also always on like the Pax. My litmus test for this was my wife lol.... She's not herb connoisseur like me but she supports the cause. Obviously when I was combusting, it was out to the garage to hang out at my workbench.

When I got the MFLB I used it at my desk and she asked what I was doing... when I told her she said "Really? And thats good stuff? I can't smell it..." 

When I got the Pax and told her what it was, packed it up and started vaping her reaction was "Ok... I can smell that. You might want to light a candle or go outside.." So I asked her if it smelled like the bong and she said "Not as bad, but definitely strong...."

The VB 2.0 got an odd look from her, but she couldn't smell it as bad as the Pax, but wasn't completely stealth like the MFLB. Her reaction "I smell something, but it goes away quickly... that can stay in the house.."

But yes, the Pax took the cake when it came to the smell. I blame it on their oven design. While I understand it has to be somewhat non-airtight to allow proper airflow, I didn't like how it stuck on there with a magnet that didn't feel that strong. I preferred the screw on cap for the bottom like the VB 2.0, which is what I think is making that vape a little more airtight and less smelly. 

10. Well glad I went with the Solo instead of the pax I almost got.

I still live with my parents and they never liked me smoking in the house, they aren't too strict about it but they get annoyed. Ever since I got the solo I love just vaping inside whenever I want and they never smell it. I can enjoy myself without annoying my parents. 

It having minimal odor is so convenient, especially if I vape it in the car I don't need to worry about getting pulled over and them smelling it. 

Yeah thats good you chose the Solo over the Pax. I had the choice between the Firefly and the Pax, and in hindsight, probably should've went with the Firefly. 

12. Yeah I hear a lot about the Firefly. I always wondered how it compares to the solo.

But my next vapes definitely going to be either the SSV or the LSV 

13. #53 ren.dnb, May 30, 2014

Yeah I was wondering about the Firefly, and probably will for a long time. My Firewood vape should be arriving in a couple of days. Its very Firefly-like so I'll see how that works out. Lately I've been on a kick looking for sub $150 good quality US built vapes. 

So far I've tracked down:

MFLB
    Firewood
    Lotus
    Hammer

I own the first 2, but the Lotus and Hammer are probably going to get into a grudge match lol. Both are butane, and both are interesting to use. While I like the elegance of the Lotus, @[member="POTatato Head"] has intrigued me with the Hammer. Oh well, a butane vape is a couple of months off anyway we'll see when I'm ready lol.... 

14. I've only used the MFLB and the Solo. I love my Solo, my MFLB broke ages ago and didn't care about it enough to get a new one haha.

Curious about those butane vapes, why do they use butane? I'm just on a search for the heaviest hitting vapes, wonder what the heaviest hitting portable vape would be. 

15. Butane

The butane portables like the lotus and the hammer are some of the biggest hitting portables I have tried. The only battery powered vape in my opinion that hits like they do is the firefly. Butane offers a lot of power compared to batteries.

16. So the Lotus, Hammer, and Firefly are the heaviest hitting portables eh? 

Confused on how they vape with butane, do you inhale any butane? Does it screw up the flavor at all? 

17. Butane flame heats up a heating element in both that is seperate from the air path in both.

Yup, basically how the Hammer works. Its really quite interesting lol. The Lotus you heat up the metal plate, so no butane gets into the vapor path. But, the metal plate is made of nickel so the concern with it was do nickel fumes get into the vapor path. According to the Lotus makers, the normal amount of nickel, that you would breathe in everyday air is whats present in the Lotus so it doesn't pose any risk.

Keep in mind the Hammer and Lotus are the butane vapes of that bunch. The Firefly is battery powered and its convection so thats why it hits nice and thick.

19. Yeah I've looked into the Firefly before, it looks real nice. 

Now isn't the Solo both conduction and a bit of convection? 

I think it's the other way around.