Battlefield: Hardline

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by tokin', May 28, 2014.

1. Meh...Played the beta last weekend, i put it down immediately. Ill buy it if it has a "Flash" sale maybe....just something doesnt fit right..it seems really off....still waiting patiently for Planet Side 2..Personally if anyone remembers Americas Army online for PC they should bring that to PS4 and if they could buy out Battlefield and end it if they want to go Modern day war style. I think it would be a brilliant game then. But you would actual acquire gaming skill and patients. 

2. I'm waiting to see if the graphics have improved from the beta before I buy it. That and the game play just seemed total shit to me :/

3. This is exactly how I felt playing the beta. It was nice to play nice action packed fast paced games in a bf set up.

Preordered it and can't wait for it to come out

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I just wanna know if all of these people screaming "BF4 RESKIN OMG" have actually played the game.

5. Seriously. Hardline suprised me, it's better than bf4 and I definitely think it could be better than bf3. Game play = fresh; faction specific weapons, fun gadgets, balanced classes, new fun game modes. It actually fun because the maps aren't tech demos and the new game types force teamwork.

Everyone who's saying it's a reskin should just stop playing the fps genre.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I'm still mad about the Day 1 DLC bullshit though.

I mean if you have DLC content ready on launch day it should just be part of the base game. It's just a moneygrab. I realize Visceral need to make a pretty penny to make this whole development process worthwhile, but just give us some camos or something that the COD noobs will buy. They should make it like CS:GO, with crate openings and shit for rare camos and cool knives maybe. But not extra guns man! Fuck that noise.

7. I agree. Call of Duty has ruined the industry for the consumer by realizing that all these dumb kids will get mommy and daddy to buy the DLC to have better guns than everyone else...

Miss the days when you actually had to level up and get good to get better weapons/gear... 

8. #88 Vicious, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015

I have. there is no reason this shouldn't be a good ol' fashion expansion pack. The only reason they can get away with it is the consumer.

Hell, if this was an expansion pack it would probably make BF4 better. I don't think this should be a stand alone, let alone full price.

9. In my opinion Hardline should be:
    $20 for people with BF4 Premium
    $30 for people with BF4
    $50 for everyone else

10. #90 burned one, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
    Dude I miss expansion packs so much. Command and conquer had the best ones too!

I'm kind of a fence-sitter when I comes to hardline. It's actually a lot fun to me, and I appreciate them trying to switch things up a bit. But they're ruining it with shit like day 1 dlc, and I won't buy it because of that. I'll just take this year to improve my CS:GO skills or something.

But look at a game like far cry 3, vs far cry 4. Basically the same game with new guns, new missions, and a new map. People ate it up, but when it comes down to it it's basically a reskin of the previous game right? No one complained about paying $60 for that one. They threw their money at ubisoft. It just seems to be a bit of a double standard imo. YouTube videos on hardline are especially full of the reskin chants.

Edit: Damn, GC app is buggy!

PM me your steam if you want to rip. I play pretty much everything but CS:GO but I might as well grab it. Do you play BF4 on PC? Any other shooters?

12. I used to be on bf4 pc pretty regular but lately I have these massive lag spikes every 20-30 seconds that for the life of me I cannot fix. Feels like I've tried everything.

As far as other shooters go, not really. Doom, haha. I definitely will be picking up insurgency at some point though. That game looks mental! When I get some free time from school I'm gonna get my hands dirty with that one for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. #93 Vicious, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015

Still, we should link up with some GO. Look into Red Orchestra 2 next time it goes on sale. Insurgency is pretty dope but RO2 is the much better game in the same vein. Most immersive game I've played in a decade. High skill cap, good environment, good gun play, good everything.

I played BF4 at launch but what never bothered with the DLC which means the community died quick for me and I never really picked it back up. I'd consider playing it again if I could get all the DLC in a bundle but I'd rather just play RO2 or something not through Origin.

14. I'm not sure if I will be getting this right away but we'll see :)

15. #95 Iceni Toker, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015

RO2/RS is amazing! I'll probably get Hardline, but as soon as I purchased RO/RS I dropped BF4 and haven't gone back. Insugency is good, but I need massive maps and 64 players after playing BF for so many years.

Level 59 experienced SL and TL on RO, add me on Steam if you want, http://steamcommunity.com/id/dionysus33

16. Battlefield never fails to impress me, im glad there around because i got tired of call of duty at 4 , im mean really tierd of hearing about it seeing it , ghost was just fucking bullshit excuse of a game. Leave call of dury for those snot nose 12 year old kids and leave, like battlefield, counterstrike, to the true gamers.

17. I can't wait to play this next week :D

If you're interested in giving RO2 / RS a shot I have two 3 day trials to the full game. That's 6 days if you want to try it.

Sick, yes please. I'll try it out over spring break so I can have time to get a feel for the game. I've only had time to play here and there lately because of school. Thank you dude.

20. I'm ready to fuck shit up pretty soon :cool: