Battlefield: Hardline

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by tokin', May 28, 2014.

1. Reminds me of 21 to Life back on the original xbox; cops versus robbers

- From the desk of HerbicidalMania

2. I love Battlefield but I refuse to support this. Its no more than a reskin of an unfinished game. Between them pumping out BF4 early and releasing this at full price before BF4's DLC finished releasing, I've lost all hope for EA, something many people did long ago. There is no reason this couldn't be a $30 Expansion Pack.

3. ????

When has this much content EVER been a DLC? 4 new game modes, a campaign, new gadgets, a new unlocking system, new maps, a new developer, etc.

The only thing that's the same is the engine.

When expansion packs were a thing, like I said. All of the BF1942 and BF2 expansion packs included that and more, sans campaign since that was never a thing for BF. This use to be the standards. The only reason they can get away with this, for full price none the less, is because people will throw many out for the newest iteration of the favorite FPS regardless of the content.

5. #45 lilro, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2014
    The BF2 expansions were $30, and the BF2 full game was $50. Adjusting for inflation, since BF4 was $60, then a BF4 expansion pack should cost $36. Leaving $24 for a campaign. Dead Space was only a campaign for $60. The same devs are making the BFH campaign. I think it will probably be worth it. If it was the typical shitty DICE campaign that nobody plays, I would agree.

I won't be getting the game until I find a good sale, though. But I am enjoying the beta.

6. #46 notime4schwag, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014

This is kinda true I've been watching livestreams of Hardline and it looks exactly the same as BF4 except with different game modes. Maps look exactly the same, guns the same etc. except its cops and robbers this time.

7. Just glad they're trying something a little different. How many military style FPS can they make? When COD anounces they're new game it's military style FPS..in the future. At least BFH is doing something a bit different with cops and robbers.

8. Yeah, but I expected this. Seeing as how Battlefield 3 felt like Betafield 3 and 4 feels like what 3 SHOULD have been, I lost a lot of hope in which direction EA was going with the franchise. It might be a good idea to bring back Bad Company? That was a solid spinoff and I had some of my best Battlefield experiences on those games

- From the desk of HerbicidalMania

9. Enjoying myself.. Definitely should be an expansion rather than a standalone.

Anyone 360 beta players!?!

10. Milking?

They are trying something different and new. I'd take that over the same shit pumped out every year with a different number on it like call of duty did

[​IMG]

11. After playing the beta for about an hour I personally think it totally sucks. Will most likely be deleting it, we'll see. I do think that the new way to unlock weapons and gadgets is nice, just buy it with in-game cash. Instead of having to level up your class, BUT at the same time I think it gets rid of the fun of unlocking a gun after completing an assignment

12. #52 llllllllll, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015

I think they forgot the "Different and New" part.

Hardline is just a poor mans version of capture the flag from BF4 with new animations.

13. Lets all agree it isnt worth $60(like most games). Trippintoad how are you not enjoying the beta? Smooth as fuk. I ejoi the aesthetics in the UI over bf4.

14. It is a little more smooth than BF4. But I think the ui is terrible, on the loadout screen everything is too small. There's things I like and things I don't. Either way I'm not gonna buy it, probably ever

15. I'm still gonna play bf4 especially if the come out with new maps...heard they suppose to make the maps night time ...is it true ?

16. The suck flows strong with the blueberries playing hotwire, everyone crashing everywhere blowing themselves up before the enemy gets a chance to

RPG in the trunk nigga

17. Downloaded and played for the first time today.. I agree with most I can't see droppin $60 specifically for this game but can see it as an healthy expansion on BF4. I realize this is just a BETA but I have my likes and dislikes...
    -criminals vs police
    -Points being currency
    -Load screen
    -characters shit talking

Dislikes:
    -Even if in same class you have to buy diff weapons depending on if your cop or criminal
    -starting the enforcer class with a shotgun.. wtf??
    -melee is lame
    -Layout is kinna ass

Overall I do like the BETA and its refreshing to play after hours logged on BF4. As of now my $60 is safe in my account tho

18. I like how you're soldier will just step up shit that normal youd have to do the whole sprintjump combo. For instance on heist the top of building there's a tiny step up ledge to walk out on and in bf4 youd have to jump and risk vaulting over the thing.

Also why the fuck cant you kill with zipline or grapple hook and I want more accessible places to use my grapple hook.I like the idea of getting up somewhere ppl wouldnt expect an shit.

19. I'm guessing it's because were still on beta but the graphics are disgusting looks like a old 360 game!