Feminism Today...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by confused-individual, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Well your arguments have been emotional and lacking in logic, but I don't think that applies to all women, no.

It is a fact that there are differences between men and women though.

2. #422 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
    This.

She acts like I even knew she was a female just because I pointed out she was not using logic in a discussion. Men can be hyper sensitive, social justice feminists too.

Plus, I already assume most posters here are male unless given reason to believe otherwise. Fair rule to follow online I've discovered over the decade

Meh I just don't assume one way or the other unless there are obvious cues in their username or signature or whatever.

Did you read about that shitstorm at Dalhousie? These guys are being crucified over a few dirty jokes made in private. Their female classmates are appalled at how they're being portrayed in the media, is the funny thing.

I think it's insane that a majority of people commenting on the story on CBC wanted them to lose the careers they've spent 8 years studying for.

4. Yeah I read through it a bit. Unbelievable. Those poor fuckin professionals to lose their career over hyper sensitivity. Back in the day, you lost your license to practice for practical reasons of safety, not because people get their poor feelings hurt over humor.

Hopefully they get some real good lawyers.

Women are more emotional. Fact.

6. #426 Vicious, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015

Well, for one psychological evolution. Women have better spatial recognition and proximity memory. Men have better mental 3D image rotation. Guess why. Men hunted and needed to picture the shot from every angle. Women gathered and needed to know how to gather, forage and remember where the next harvest might be. Also, did you know Hysteria was a female only disorder? Should I go on?

Biology, evolution, psychology and history are all so sexist.

Men and women are not the same. They are not biologically the same. They are not cognitively the same. They are not behaviorally the same.

Get your head out of the sand and take a look at the raw world for a bit. Also, why haven't you replied to me yet? Is it because I keep blowing you the fuck out?

If a poster is being emotional in a forum dialogue to the point of being percieved as overly emotional or "too emotional" then they are not exempt from that being mentioned by other posters. The gender of that poster does not matter at all. Being a specific gender does not exempt you from judgements or statements about your behavior or projected emotional state. If a woman is being 'too emotional' or consistently resorting to emotional agruments/appeals to emotion, then they are not exempt from being called overly emotional simply because it will be perceived as sexist. If a poster is being overly emotional everyone has a right to say so, even if that perception or judgement is wrong on behalf of those claiming it. Someone having a vagina or identifying as female does not exclude them from having their mental state or speech patterns critiqued to the same degree of scrutiny as if they had a penis or identified as male. Using sexism as a defense and means of deflection won't work here...

8. So I read through all of this, and refrained from posting. But.. What a shit show amirite?
    I just think that the idea of feminism today is skewed, like there are still issues that need to be dealt with but no one is actively trying to take away women's rights. I think the radical views and opinions of some of the followers discredit the achievements that past women had to work for.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

no, that's not a fact.  that's a sexist opinion.

tell me more about how blacks are more violent.

what a circlejerk.  truly pathetic  :laughing:

10. Why not read his next post and leave your emotions behind in your response. There's nothing wrong with disagreement but you're not achieving anything just reacting how you are and it's entirely counterproductive to any discussion

11. closed for review

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.