Feminism Today...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by confused-individual, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I think she actually is a self-proclaimed men's rights activist.

Christina Hoff Summers is a self-proclaimed feminist who actually looks towards gender equality and objectivity, but I was more or less asking what the feminist movement as a whole has done for issues that predominantly or exclusively effect men.

2. Here's a good story, for all the guys that think they won't get hit for child support because they had a written "agreement" with a woman.  This guy, trying to help somebody out, didn't even have sex with the mother!

Just remember, with todays laws against men, no good deed goes unpunished! 

3. Yeah I heard about that story, it's utter insanity. I would never do sperm donation except through a sperm bank.

4. I'd like to see the actual court documents and ruling, rather than an article. There's probably more to this story than being reported (as is usually the case)

5. #265 *ColtClassic*, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015

Google: Kansas Sperm Donor

I was going to link you a Startpage search, but they obfuscate their URLs...

6. #266 Penelope420, Feb 6, 2015
    I couldn't find any court docs, but my internet access is limited this week so I'm not going to spend much time looking.

But what happened is that instead of going through proper legal channels, they did an "at home" insemination. And he got fucked... Go figure. This is not really a case of a man getting screwed over because of feminism, it's a case of a man not taking proper precautions to protect himself.

That's what makes this case different. Millions of men are sperm donors. How many of them are paying child support?

Typical that women get blamed for this man's dumbassery.

7. Your unreasonable condemnation for a man who's only motivation was to help a couple of women conceive is a glaring example of why "feminism" has such a bad rep. In a just world the women would be responsible for the child of their union instead of asking the State or a man to come to their rescue and pay their bills.  It's so typical for those kind of people to expect others to pay for their lunch.

8. #268 jas43, Feb 6, 2015
    My body
    My choice
    Your wallet
    My choice
    Get over it you sexist!

Inb4 male tears

What did you think about the incident I posted about the minor being raped then being forced to pay child support when he turned 18? I believe the judge said, "The victim has responsibilities too". If you missed it I would be happy to repost it.

10. Seriously? WTF does this have to do with feminism? Do you really think this is what I'm arguing in favor of? Forcing rape victims to pay child support?

Jesus Christ on a stick. Way to find the most obscure examples you can possibly think off and try to turn them into an argument for something. You guys really got me!

11. Could we back track to eds post instead then. Since he's on topic in this case. And you chose to reply to something off topic then bitch about it being off topic.

Not obscure, extremely common. I can bring up a myriad of child molestation cases committed by women that got off for being women. One woman even said "Damn I love being female". I don't know if you're a 3rd wave feminist but it is not needed now. Gender pay gap is a myth, men are slaughtered in court and feminism today is critical bitching without a solution, man shaming and arguing non-issues.

Can we include Feminism in post-modern LGBTQ+ discussion, don't those all fall together now? Because they aren't helping your cause any.

13. No. I'm off to Antarctica and I'm done with this shitshow.

14. Lol okay.

15. Inconvenient truths
    Ouch

16. It really kinda sucks to be a man today when one could lose a court battle or custody or child support simply because of my gender.

Shouldn't we have gender equality? Isn't that what feminism is about?

Guess not. Then penelope wonders why people don't like fuckin feminists.

17. So BTFO or just an opt out? Seems like a BTFO. Then again, it's hard to defend any social justice and not be taken back by the hypocrisy and facts. I wish you the best Penelope, I sincerely do.

18. I will say that you did a very good job of presenting your opinions and related information, especially when you were outnumbered by a lot. Have a good trip!

19. christ, I'm real stoned and just read the whole thread. my brain hurts and I hate everything. not just feminism, or anti-feminism, just everything. never been so grateful to have a basement w/ internet access and 3 ounces of shatter. 

Fucking cool.  Have a good trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.