Feminism Today...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by confused-individual, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is it just me or has feminism taken on a whole new role in society? There is much passion behind this issue, but I may be ignorant of the intentions. I don't see major areas inequality outside of the ideology that is gender relations.. could someone fill me in as to what sparked the new surge? Or have I been ignorant of the matter up until this point?

Sent from my XT1058 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Sorry guys, my phone had shady service and posted three separate posts. That wasn't my intention lol

Sent from my XT1058 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. They're just gearing up to get hilary elected in 2016 :p

Really though i haven't noticed any surge in feminism so.. :confused_2:

:smoke:

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 BlazedGlory, May 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
    Trouble is, what started as a social movement has become very political and it's been fucked.

It's kind of like the way some unions have gotten. They both were necessary at one time but have just gotten blown up into these huge self perpetuating political lobbies that really just fuck things up.

5. In a first world, feminism is pretty pointless

6. #7 aToker, May 28, 2014
    Feminism is a joke atleast in the US. They are hypocrites about everything, like a few of those photos^

7. Feminism is needed in the Middle East not the US. In the US its just a way to trick dumb broads to vote democrat. Everyone wants to be a victim nowadays. 

8. #9 Vicious, May 28, 2014
    3rd wave feminism is asinine and fucking toxic. It ruins everything it touches. I'm not being cynical either, I fucking hate them and all of the social justice movements. Absolutely. Hate. Them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWxAljFlb-c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwKKi7ApP4I

http://youtu.be/XIVhMwqwqdo

This is only a tip of the iceberg and I'm not even touching tumblrisms, "privileged", "cis-scum" or shit I've seen here like "men cannot be raped" and "all intercourse is rape".

9. this is quickly becoming the little boy thread

10. Read a book a while back called "who stole feminism?".
    Worth a read

11. #12 Penelope420, May 28, 2014
    Thank GOD there are men to tell us dumb broads what we really need

(btw, middle-eastern countries have elected more women presidents/prime ministers than the US.)

12. #13 Sam_Spade, May 28, 2014
    It's the other half of the sky....

But in all seriousness, it's a very real threat to those who struggled with classical definitions of the masculine role.

welll... the US has had 0 women presidents so its not really that hard to compete.

theres alot of macho masculinity crap (join the military, play football, control your woman) that men get sucked into when there young. its all bullshit. all that strutting around like your the alpha male jock crap is a sad attempt to convince other men you dont have a small dick.

The more insecure you are, the more tough you have to act. so in a strange way feminists care more about men then men do.

:rolleyes:

15. #16 chzdgg, May 28, 2014
    It could have something to do with the fact that Hillary Clinton is going to be a top contender for president in 2016. There also seems to be an increase in the ammount of news stories like "The War on Women" (lol) and "Women only make x percent of what men make" on the liberal news networks. Plus all the shit that got stirred up after the UCSB shootings.

In 2016 people are going to be called sexists if they don't vote for Hillary just like people were presumed to be racists if they didn't vote for obama.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. It will be pure gold on here if hildog makes it next time out..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Elizabeth Warren should get a pretty good rise too.

18. I think woman are neat-o.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.