How Often Should I Water With Nutes?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by vdude332, May 27, 2014.

1. Hello everyone. I am currently growing 8 feminized clones in a soilless mix that consist of 50% peat moss 35% perlite & 15% vermiculite. How often should I water with nutes? Im using the general hydro 3 part nutes, and general hydro rapid start for root growth.

2. I use an every other watering policy for nutes. If they are ready to drink every 3 days they get nutes every 6 days. Something like that, just starting plants only water for a week or so.

3. In soilless I use nutrients on every feed but a very small amount, just enough so the plant is happy. The worst thing you could do is think that nutrients is what will get you good bud, people think the more you use the bigger and better the flower but this isnt the case.
    Feeding will depend on the type of soilless you use, some already have food and some dont and this will determine when you will need to start using nutrients. How often to feed nutrients is up to you and the best thing you can do is learn how to read the plants so you know what they need and when they need it.

All strains are different so its not easy to tell someone exactly what to do so you need to find what works for you and your way of growing with the strain you have.

Hope this helps, good luck.

4. #4 GoldGrower, May 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
    If you give them the correct dosage you should give them this on every watering. The difficult bit is working out the correct dosage. If you showed a photo of the plants I could give you an estimate of what ppm they are probably taking up but you would need a ppm meter to replicate the figure. The problem with soil is it's all bloody guesswork

5. Ya have to agree with the rest of you.  I use fox farms and water with it every other day (in half doses). I also use their powdered micro nutrients 1/2 tablespoon. then flush on weekends. That is for flower, I use a little more on my veg side, about 3/4 dose.