Posting First Grow Progress So Far. (Sour Diesel)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Lion Patriarch, May 27, 2014.

1. That sucks to hear man! MJ is known for its resiliency and ive already heard plenty of success stories after breaks and splits like you are going through! Hopefully you taped it up flush enough to where itll mend itself back easilly.

I split mine straight down the middle of the main stalk....a little over an inch deep! taped it up.....go to my journal and see for yourself. I think it healed up, but not all the way. Its still growing....

people were mentioning that the plants resources will now go toward repair....so at best its just hurting the overall potential for what that plant couldve been! My story sucks too, cuz it also COMPLETELY snapped off the biggest growth shoot on my plant....was prolly gonna be a fat ass ounce cola too!hahaha...maybe not oz but it was primed to be the biggest cola.

2. She didn't make it.. I lost the branch. Must have been a good two ounces there at least... Bummer. I think its too late into flowering for anything removed to "conserve energy and make other bud sites bigger"

3. #23 Lion Patriarch, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
    This is what's left of that plant :C I'm bummed...but at least the two mains survived.

tiny.jpg

tiny 2.jpg

4. Still looking good though man! Fuck it nothing you can do now...

Im JUST like you and had my biggest shoot snapped when an aluminum bird feeder fell on it! I think it was gonna be close to a 1oz cola too....even tho im a noob, just basing it off what I think I may be able to harvest. 

Im still bummed out about it, but im like Fuck it, nothing I can do now. Just work on the plant now! Go look at my journal....you can see a big void in the growth....and thats where the main shoot that snapped off was at! Its a big gap too, where its was a pretty full/even canopy and bush.

Oh well...

5. I have two purple train wrecks that were put out 2 months after my sour diesels were. When they were put out, they were about 3-4 weeks old. Are they hermies? If so... when do they pollinate?

Hermie.jpg

hermie2.jpg

6. I think they are hermies... :( Did they ruin my entire crop already or what lol I'm high and naturally paranoid. I swear I saw the "left over shells" of burst pollen sacs on one of the plants, detached...but aren't these way too young to burst?

hermie3.jpg

7. The reason there not flowering like the others because those 2 are focusing on GROWING roots NOT buds , someone please correct IF im wrong

8. And those are either hermies or males toss them ASAP before they do further damage

9. you know what youre doing lion patriarch. it was best for the crop.

So what do you have left? dont get too down....i went through a nasty downswing with my plants and wasnt very optimistic for the final harvest. Needless to say....glad I didnt do anything stupid (posted on here that i wanted to pull my cheese one night!lol) and am actually back to being fired up for the harvest and think I can still get a good amount for my personal stash!

10. I have six big diesel ladies. 20140808_170244.jpg

11. She is beautiful!

12. Thank you thank you. I'm doing everything I can to keep em happy. That's one of the two that were transplanted into 30 gallon pots two weeks before flowering so they're at least a week and a half behind in growth. Hoping they still get fat buds.

13. PM'ing you my address so you can ship me a sample of the cured product!lol

i thought I was the alpha noob with all my research and 3 plants this year.......i bow to you sir! such sick canopies! sick, sick, even canopies! 

LOL...cuz this is a few plants short of what you couldve had! Looks like someone won't be buying any herb off the streets for at least 365 days! You did/are doing amazing!

Youve prolly already mentioned it...but whats your nutes, soil, etc.....

14. During veg I used Roots Organic: Uprising, Foundation, Nitro Bat Guano. I also used Mykos root stimulator or w/e. This powder you use when you transplant. For bloom I'm using Soul Synthetics... HALF organic apparently.. but highly recommended according to the shop guy. I'm using Soul Bloom, Grow-N (very little), amino aide, and swell. I'm also using Snowstorm ultra (Just foliar sprayed for the first time but I think I over did it lol) and bloombastic. Half of the yield will be mine, half for my friend who funded it... but honestly I'm thinking I'll be doing 60-40. I'm paying the water, taking all the risk...and yeah it's a good amount of work lol

15. #38 Lion Patriarch, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
    One of the two transplanted into 30 gal pots got way bushy! I've been reading a lot of articles saying not to cut leaves in flower... any advice? It's furthest behind in flowering due to transplant shock.

bush1.jpg

bush2.jpg

bush3.jpg

16. 2 weeks to go for 4 out of 6 of my ladies. Flushing starts today!

2weekstogo.jpg