The spiders Are Our Friends Thread

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by smokehound, May 26, 2014.

1. #41 Cloudz, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
    Well my friend got bit by a Brown Recluse last night and was admitted to the hospital and has to stay overnight connected to an IV.

Yeah spiders are our friends lol....Pray for my homie

2. not buying it. That's not the procedure for a recluse bite. Antibiotics and wound dressing are administered. But nice try. >=)

I have no reason to lie.....

My last text from my friend said "Will be there overnight so that they can keep him connected to an antibiotic IV".

And now just got an update....

They said its stilll growing in size its...now 12 by 4 inches and hes got black spots. Will also have to have surgery to remove dead skin

4. Well you obviously do, because I tricked you.  Antibiotics do not stop the damage, as the venom is the cause of the necrosis.

The only real treatment is antivenom for the bite, and even that often fails.   Unless your friend is actually suffering from a severe staph infection (which can be mistaken for a spider bite), I call bullshit.

Wow....ok

6. well i bit a brown recluse today and he died instantly....then i drank whiskey

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lol he shoulda used an IV :laughing:

8. #48 Cloudz, Jun 11, 2014

I dont know alot about Spider bites but it seems these guys used Antibiotics.....much like my friend is doing right now. Check out the comments, especially the fourth one. http://www.emedicinehealth.com/spider_bite_brown_recluse_spider_bite/viewer-comments_em-965.htm

lol
    "Comment from: SbethC, 45-54 Published: November 20
    I was submitted to the hospital for a week for IV antibiotics."

Once my friend fully recovers, I will get the full story from him.

9. Post pics of his wound.  words are one thing, true evidence is another.  Like i said, it sounds more like he has an MRSA infection.

It's true that a spider bite CAN harbor dangerous bacteria, but even amongst recluse spiders, those fucked up necrotic wounds are fairly rare, AND they're generally self-limiting.

Where do you live?

10. I am one of those people op, I am terrified of big ones but i have tried to be more ok with them just because I dont want my kids to be a big pussy like their dad. If they see me scared of them chances are they will grow up to be scared of them.

Im ok with ones about a cm in size anything bigger and you dont see me for dust, I need to sort this out big time, how do people get over their fear of spiders.

lol im done here.....im not gonna try and prove to you my friend got bit by a spider. Sorry you dont believe it...

12.  Well then leave this thread :laughing:

What a rude comment, i was being really nice to you.

13. This this this

FUCK WASPS, KILL EM ALL.

Lol how is that rude? Your pretty much callin me and my friend a liar.

15. Well when i give a simple request for the pic of the wound, you got defensive, which is a classic tell of a lie. haha

16. #56 Cloudz, Jun 11, 2014

Im done explainin to you. Sorry I dont lie.....and im not havin to have my friend send me a pic while hes sick to prove to some dude he got bit? Dafuq?

17.  Well then man, i got bad news for ya.  THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON YOU.

You said you were done.  You're done.  Just leave.

...Since we're on the topic of Loxoceles..

[​IMG]

beautiful picture of a chilean recluse.. These spiders are actually quite popular as pets because they have long lifespans, and make a good addition to an arachnid collection.

18. Spiders are pretty badass. I remember when I was younger I used to be quite afraid of them, but once I actually sat and observed them, my fear dissipated. I watched one spin a web, and remember thinking about how beautiful and complex it was.

Typically if I see them inside, I won't bother them unless they're really fucking huge then I'll put them outside if I can. I'd rather have a few spiders living in my house than an infestation of silverfish or cockroaches.

19. I got nothing against spiders. But I can't help myself when I see them in person I jump a bit. Especially if they come out of nowhere. I give them a few chances to get away from me before i kill them. the other day a spider was climbing up my oil rig and caught me by surprise. I almost threw my glass LOL but I grabbed a paper clip and knocked it away and had a war of words with that little bastard til he crawled away.

20.  Im immune to indoctrination, basically, so the media totally failed to make me fear spiders :laughing:

Spiders 4 lyfe mofuckas!