Best Hand Held Vape For Bud/flower?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Agoutihead, May 26, 2014.

1. #1 Agoutihead, May 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
    Looking to get a really high quality hand held vaporizer that works with bud/flower NOT oil.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Something that doesn't require to be heated up for 20 min (like my table top Arizer Extreme Q, which I love)and can be used on a toke by toke basis with a heating element, no flame required (like my Eclipse Vape by Essential VAAAPP that requires a flame) and won't break in 3 months.

And something that efficiently uses all of the flower and does t waste anything.

2. #2 lwien, May 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
  3. I would go ascent, firefly, or solo. And you should upgrade that flame vape to a vapman, the hammer, or lotus.

4. Well, I would look into these vapes (as mentioned above) : MFLB,  PAX,  ASCENT, SOLO. 

I have owned a PAX. Its a WONDERFUL vape and high quality! BUT, if you don't take care of it well it WILL become a headache. And by taking care of it well I mean cleaning it at least once a week or so (depending on how much you use it) 

I sold the PAX to buy an MFLB (Just ordred it like 30 minutes ago). I like the MFLB because of the quality, the level of customer service (which Ploom lack, IMHO) and the LIFETIME WARRANTY where they replace it even if the damage is your fault! :D Can't go wrong with that. Downside is, it has a learning curve but once you get past that its an amazing vape! (So i've head/ seen on youtube :) ) When i get it, ill test it out myself. 

The Ascent appears to be a very high quality vape, with some very impressive features and the all glass vapour pathway makes it desirable to persons who love to taste their weed. I have heard / seen, however, that it doesnt produce the thickest vapour. 

I have heard that the SOLO is one of the best when it comes to vapour quality. However, it lacks in stealth and it loses some portability because of this. 

As far as price goes, I think the MFLB gives the best bang for the buck. For $119 it delivers awesome vapour clouds, great clean vapour, a nice portable and incognito unit and it doesn't have to be maintained as much. On top of that the LIFETIME WARRANTY and excellent customer service just makes it a great choice! :) 

Hope this helped ! Stay high bruh!  :smoke:

5. After more reseach I think my #1 pick of the suggested ones is Davinci Ascent. I like everything about it. I really like the retractable mouth piece and all glass channel for best flavor.

I see the price is listed around $250, can it be had for cheaper? Does any place ever run a sale on them?

After watching a video on the PAX, I will say it may be a contender. I think it's a super sleek piece of technology.

Anyone know any cons of either one of these two in comparison to each other?

6. You asked for a toke by toke basis... get an MFLB. You can heat it up and take a hit in seconds, then just set it down.

Without it constantly cooking your herbs.    LOVE mah MFLB simply for the reason stated above.

8. I konw the Magic Flight Box is popular & a great product, but I think overall I like the Davinci Ascent & or PAX is more what I'm looking for.

I've seen a video that gave the PAX some bad reviews, but another that gave it good so I'm still undecided between these two right now.

Being that efficiency is high on my list of priorities, I like my MFLB much better than I did my Ascent and considering how the PAX operates, I think the same thing would hold true for that one as well.

10. Pax or Arizer solo. Cant go wrong with either one.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

11. A lot of great vapes listed already , but referring back to POTatato Head's post if the butane doesn't bother you definitely check out the hammer vape. It's very efficient, quick heat up time , as well as an excellent price point.

12. I currently own a Solo but owned a mflb in the past, the solo produces much more vapor and at a better quality than the mflb. But for stealthily you can beat the mflb

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I can vouch for the Lotus - works wonderfully and it's built to last.

14. I love Arizer because of the Extreme Q, the Pax is by far the cooest but I decided to go with the Davinci Ascent because it has the best flavor because of the all glass.  I really like the "All in one" kit it is with the retractable glass pipe & poker tool and manually being able to increase the temp, which is one downside I saw in the Pax.  I didn't want to have to pull the lid off every time I wanted to go up in temp.

Overall great choices everyone & thank you!

15. Solo all the way for vapor production and quality, Pax for portability and style.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

All of the ones that produce vapor will need to preheat like an oven. 
    \nI have used and would recommend one of these:
    Pax by Ploom
    Vapormax-V
    Titan-I

17. #17 lwien, May 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2014

The MFLB produces vapor and it doesn't need to preheat unless you count 5 seconds as pre-heating.

You are right! I forgot about this one.

Just remember to get some extra batteries.

19. #19 lwien, May 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2014

I've been using the same batts that originally came with my MFLB over 4 years ago.   One battery lasts a little over one trench and I can get about 12 hits per trench. 

I think the main issue that people have had with premature wear on these batteries has to do with how they've been dischaged and charged.   

For me, I never even entertained the need to get extra batts. 

But, like any other ancedotal evidence, your mileage may very.

Edit:   The newer batts have been shown to last between 2 to 3 trenches and with 12 hits per trench, that's a lot of hits per batt, eh?

2-3 trenches on the newer batteries is about right. You might even be able to squeeze 4 trenches out.