Anything And Everything Can Happen...

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by jtylerwil, May 26, 2014.

1. I've been researching a lot about the universe lately, and everything in it and outside it. One of the most interesting ideas I've come across is the theory of the multiverse. This, to me, seems to be the most enlightening and definitely the most satisfying concept I've ever come across. The reason being...it leaves open the availability of parallel universes, where alternate timelines may exist. These alternate timelines allow for an apparent infinite variability to all events and people and so on. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that when I look up in the sky , that technically means I'm looking out towards the ends of space and into another world where everything is different. I can't see it, but somewhere out there is a perfect world, where things that I wish I had done differently were done that way and the world just made a lot more sense. Past the outskirts of our space resides a world where we can be happy because things in that particular timeline played out just the right way. I don't know, to me, it just makes me happy knowing there could be another me out there living the life they (myself) dreams of living. Anything a possible right? What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. If theres another me out there I wanna fight that motherfucker

3. Ahhh it's just crazy to me that there could be other versions of myself out there. Shit, in another universe I could be a girl...who knows....? Maybe one of me out there does:/

4. #4 Modality, May 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
    What I think may offend you, but there are good scientific reasons to think the "multiverse" model is not describing our reality. The evidence for it boils down to anthropic (philosophical) reasoning and scientists who want to believe and trying their best to fit the data to it, much like you.

Basically, I wouldn't bet the farm on it at this point in time.

5. Oh I understand it's theory and it's hard enough for me to understand what it's all really about. I like to believe though. Religion offers people guidance and hope. And to me, this is just kind of something to hope for and to maybe one day understand with a little more clarity. So you're not bursting my bubble or anything, I'm a realistic person, but I'm also an optimistic one. If it's true, great! If not, then maybe whatever the real truth is...well who knows...it could be just as satisfying.

6. Or perhaps think of it this way. You are the pilot of your universe, what you focus on and strive for will become the destination of your universe. You can decide if you want to pursue a dream or let yourself ride he wave of indifference. In the quantum realm there are only possibilities, nearly infinite possibilities, so is there a multiverse of real universes or just the possibility for any one of them to become actualized to you?

And Then There Was Silence

"If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for wealth and power, but for the passionate sense of the potential, for the eye which, ever young and ardent, sees the possible. Pleasure disappoints, possibility never. And what wine is so sparkling, what so fragrant, what so intoxicating, as possibility!" - Søren Kierkegaard

Gibberish.

9. but it sounds interesting, it must be true.

10. I see every moment as a decision, to stay in my current dimension (of passiveness/inaction) or to actively build towards my dream dimension. The ideal universe is an infinite set of all possible universes in which you choose the second option continually. However happiness is not a destination in one of these universes, it is the choices you could potentially make. If these "perfect" universes are possible... from now into the rest of your life, then your ideal universe may begin at any moment.

So we have all possible universes, among them are ideal universes in which we are happy... Among this group we have the ideal universes in which we are happy (at the time period of now until your time of death). This is the category that we should be most interested in because this subset "all possible worlds in which we are happy in our own future from this point on." I'll refer to this subset as X.
    If you believe in the "all possible universes" structure of reality, then you surely will believe in the existence of the subset X (its just a list of all possible worlds in which you are happy from now until death). It is from this belief that our own ideal universe is not only possible, but easy to attain. It works like this:

All possible universes are potential/theoretical universes

We only have evidence for our own universe

It may easily be that our universe is intrinsically connected with possible universes and not far away from us, they exist in realms that are not physical replications but instead just energy within our universe that merely isn't being activated by the causality of adjacent possible worlds. Energy is potential, and lets face it the universe is packed with energy.

Every moment provides an opportunity to chose between these universes. Every moment there is a decision to either build the subset X or to ignore it. This means simply doing the possible things that we can manage to do that move us towards our ideal reality. So living in our ideal possible reality is simply making the choice to build a dream- to build a bridge between the end goal and the small steps it takes to get there.

All ways lead forward.

11. Yes. Anything is possible.

12. You would lose.

13. Well think about it if there are two of you and you two get in a fight then one of you will lose therefore you lose.

14. If two of yourself got in a fight i would obviously give up and molest a badger in my free time.

All ways lead forward.

15. #15 otroo, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014
    Good for you at least you can accept your real self oh and I am not a faggot just ask your mom.

16. This went down hill real fast

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. #17 otroo, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014
    I am sorry this went on in your thread op.

That also means that there exists worlds where you fucked everything up and your a homeless crack addict giving BJ's for $1 on the corner in Baghdad in the year 2025