Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Has Weed Changed/affected Your Life?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by orbweaver, May 25, 2014.

1. It made me less introverted and really brought me out of my shell

2. It has helped me sleep a lot better. It's made me less shy to meet new people, and made me stop worrying about pointless things. 

3. Don't know if I can blame my anxiety on it, but it certainly made it worse.

4. Well shit... Me too. I was prescribed antidepressants that fucked me up more than anything in my life already was. I was never really depressed, i just didn't express my emotions. My family brought me to therapists because i was "distant" and "emotionless." The therapist was really as close to a pharmaceutical salesmen you could get, she threw me on something right away. The pills made me feel awful mentally, it was like i was in leave it to beaver episode 24/7... I sort of repressed any emotion i had before even more. I bottled problems up like i never had.  I can't describe it really but i started to go mad. I was never depressed but i actually thought of offing myself more than anything else. I had never thought of it like that before or since i stopped, but i sat around thinking i was gonna be on these pills forever, my parents didn't even like the real me, they wanted something else. Then i realized one day while my dad gave me another pill it was them. The pills were making anything that was wrong before worse.
    So i started throwing those little blue fuckers in the trash.
    Then i went through withdrawal. Withdrawal is some terrible shit as a kid. 

Then i started smoking, and guess what...
    Now i'm sort of normal.
    They think i "fixed" myself, because they found a pile of pills in a trashcan, even though i had been happy. The way they felt about me makes me feel not guilty for saying the jokes on them, because I've just been really stoned every time they've seen me in the last 8 years. 

5. It's very important to me, I'll say that.

6. Wife does not drink, so weed lets her freak flag fly. :)

7. It eventually forced me to be brutally honest and take a good look at myself while stoned, and it made me depressed for a while because I didn't like what I found, sorta like the time when you were 8 and found your grandmas purple vibrator under her couch. That's right. I know. We all know.

8. I just started smoking a year ago and my wife says I've always been high strung and always stressing out about the smallest things. Supposedly I never open up about my true feelings and such.

Since both of us began smoking I do feel very relaxed and my brain seems to relax and I forgot about my day at work or other issues. We communicate more on a personal level with my wife and all seems good.

I would say overall it has helped me 100% with being more expressive and learning how to relax. I'm the type of person that does a million things at once and can't sit still for just a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. It have been smoking for several years now, towards the beginning of it I seemed to be far more stressed in a sense that I used to look into tiny details too much and stressing out over the smallest thing which people would say or that would go wrong. It has helped with my anxiety a whoooole lot, if I feel like an anxiety attack is coming and I am in a position to smoke, I do it and it helps a lot. I also kind of like myself better.. I mean I still have trouble accepting myself sometimes but definitely not as much as before. I guess I could say I am more at peace in general, with myself and the people around me and also my thoughts and imagination are less limited.

10. I like that weed changes my perspective.  If I think something's a good idea when I'm stoned and feel the same way straight, I know I'm on to something good.

11. Helped with anxiety, depression and eating disorder. Made my life better i guess

12. I feel like it's made me a little more cynical about the world. Weed makes you look at things like you never have before, and I feel like I've realized how a lot of the world is run by bullshit.

I can't really pinpoint how it's affected my life. I think that's a good thing, right?

I guess it's made for a lot of fun nights with friends? It got me laid a few times.

13. I'm happier, friendlier, able to cope with hard situations that life throws at me, and I don't have to live in pain. I am able to enjoy all the little things in life instead of drowning myself in stress over the big things.

14. I made tons of new friends, money and gained many experiences... good and sometimes bad. What i love about weed is that it can change a boring night into a crazy one. 

But again some of my friends have turned into complete weed fiends which is a little sad for me.

15. Relaxes the savage beast in my head
    Induces relaxation, creativity, imagination, and bliss
    Catapults my appetite (I'm skinny as fuck)
    Easier to meditate since it's basically inhale and exhale
    Music sounds different
    I laugh a lot when I'm blazed, gotta let the good times roll

16. When I am high I am much more relaxed and down to earth. When I am sober I have always been quick to get angry and quick to fight ( yes I know, sober I am that guy ). I always get set off by the littlest things but when I smoke I laugh about it all. I do not stress out as easily or any at all usually. I do not get angry or anything either. I just relax and have a good time. I also have lost weight. Yes that may seem strange but after I got past the munchies I rarely eat when I am sober and if i do it is less than I used too. I am much happier then I was before. The only downside is I cannot sleep when I do not smoke.

17. It has really REALLY helped me with my ADHD and my Bipolar II.. When i toke my anxiety goes away pretty much completely, my panic attacks goes away, my depression goes away, it makes me calmer, i can think straight(What i mean by that is that normally i have 4-5 thoughts jumping around in my head rapidly at any given time, right now aswell since im dry) and it also helps me with my insomnia! 

18. Over the last ten years of my life I was prescribed antidepressants for depression, benzodiazepines for anxiety, stimulants for ADD, Clonadine as well as sedatives to help treat insomnia. I disliked all of the junk I was putting in my body and worse off my symptoms seemed to be getting worse. I started researching cannibis and over the last year have discontinued all of my pharmaceutical garbage and only medicate with cannibis. I live a great, functional, busy and beautiful life.:). I sleep well, laugh a lot, work hard, and enjoy life.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  19. #79 Green-Dragon, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2015

It does that to some people.  I get a creative boost from it, and insightful experiences.  It seems like events play back in my mind and I notice things I didn't notice at the time or sudden insight into my own or other's behavior.

You might want to try an instrument!  I love music, but there isn't anything like music when your high.  Or even better, crunk -- which is apparently a word for high & drunk (chronic + alcohol = crunk)

It's changed my life for sure.  I am a depression sufferer, and, when I do everything right, the weed not only stops the depression, but it also lets me see colors as brighter, hear sounds as much more interesting, relate to people better, and experience the world as a place I would actually want to live in.

• Like Like x 1
  20. #80 Eminem_7, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015

Recently, I read that breast milk has some of the same compounds which are found in the Marijuana, so this might explain your statement, and I agree with you.