Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Has Weed Changed/affected Your Life?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by orbweaver, May 25, 2014.

1. I got my medical marijuana card and started smoking weed very soon after I turned 18, and it's probably one of the best decisions I ever made. I suffer from depression and anxiety and had heard that many people medicate with cannabis for those conditions, so I thought I would try it. I have been a heavy (multiple times per day) smoker for about six months now and it's been amazing!

I find that whenever I smoke weed, I instantly feel both physically and mentally better. Even if I have a headache or stomachache, just taking a few hits off my bowl helps immensely. As for my depression and anxiety, when I'm high I pretty much experience no symptoms, and since I've been smoking regularly I've found that the severity of them has decreased a lot.

It's also enabled me to make a lot of friends! I'm a college student and was originally very shy, but once I started smoking weed I have been able to be more outgoing and friendly and now I have more friends than I've ever had in my life. I also find that the people I meet who smoke a lot of weed are generally really cool, enjoyable people to hang out with. I like to joke with my parents (who know I smoke and are totally cool with it) that smoking weed is my extracurricular activity, since it's made me so many friends and connections!

I'm also a writer/poet and thanks to my divine inspiration, marijuana, I was able to release and self-publish a short collection of my poetry! I've also started keeping a journal and write more than I've ever written before. I also find that I have an immense appreciation for music now; I can pretty much put on anything and really enjoy the quality of the sound and composition itself. Basically weed has helped me creatively more than I can even explain.

Overall, smoking weed has definitely changed my life for the better. In addition to helping me with pretty severe depression and anxiety, it's also helped me make friends and create better art. It honestly boggles my mind that marijuana isn't completely legal yet.

Anyway, that's all. Just wanted to share. :D

2. I have been smoking for a bit over a year now and for the first few months I was high all day every day and I learned so much about my self and how I need to actually improve my self control, I ate a lot of junk food, was poor and skipped work a few times... That being said, now still smoking but not even every day any more( still trying to get it down to only 2-5 days a week) and I have gotten a lot more active (power walking) I really cracked down on my budgeting, even have a spread sheet going. And haven't missed work sense I moved to the place I'm at now... So it was rough at the start but I think with out it I'd still be completely oblivious to my health and finances and what not.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I'll be 19 in a couple of days and I've been actively smoking for about a year and a half. The first couple months were an intense, mind altering experience since I was enjoying a couple joints a day. Going to school high, staying after school and in the evening meeting with my girlfriend. Then after a while I realized, thanks to the herb, that I was stuck in a pointless relationship. So i broke it off and as I changed that one segment of my life everything kind of found its place in my mind. Weed opened my self to myself. It made my goals and my ambition clear an focused
    I always had a fondness to the idea of cannabis as a mind opening "drug" and when the moment came to try it I embraced the feeling and still today I try to make the most of the effect. When I smoke I feel like my thoughts are racing but I absorb all of the information. With every toke session its like my mind gets wider by 2% percent.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I had an experience today - I medicated some pain earlier then went out with some friends. I was just a little high. Not so high I couldn't walk to the car when my friends got me. Not so high I couldn't act not-high or pay for stuff or do stuff I needed to do in public. But high enough for my friends to notice the difference.

I started asking my friends about their lives and I was totally fascinated. Like, I've known these two for 15 years almost but there's lots about them I never knew before or registered as interesting. But I was asking them. And they opened up and were telling me. And it was really mundane stuff like "how long have you lived here" and "were you always in the same house". And I noticed *they* were really relaxed around me to a degree I haven't seen with other people before. It was amazing.

5. it has absolutely. It saved me from commiting suicide from my depression and from doing massive murdering sprees from my extreme anger problems, gave me my sleep back. I owe mary jane my life, not the pharmaceuticals. 

6. I didnt start until I was 38 years old. One of the best things I have ever done. Woke me back up to life. Eased my anxiety. Helped me to appreciate all that I have.

7. #27 orbweaver, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2014
    I am so grateful for ever
    Amen. I am so grateful for everything now and find myself enjoying the simpler things in life - food, my friends and family, even just good music. No wonder the powers that be don't want us to smoke up, we wouldn't buy so much unnecessary crap if we were all smoking. I'm sure of it. I really feel a lift in life since starting to smoke and I was dealing with some midlife crisis stuff again but now I'm able to feel young again, back in that mindset of when I was a child and soaked up knowledge like a sponge, and enjoyed everything around me. My mom and I smoked up together the other day and watched "How to Train Your Dragon". Good times.

I notice my social skills are getting better, too. One time I was with my friends when I was high and I was asking them the weirdest most random stuff (from my point of view) - "how long did you live here", "what was your high school like", etc - because I was fascinated but it turns out it was just small talk. I just never knew how to make small talk before and always felt self conscious asking people about themselves. And they said that I never showed an interest in them as people before like that. And with the reinforcement from them that it's okay and that I did a socially "good" thing, I've been taking that into my non high life and just chatting people up. It's great.

Oh - btw, my mom and I were in family counseling together to deal with our communication problems and we quit after we started smoking together (average of 1x a week). We smoke and we shoot the breeze and talk about stuff and it's a time when we really deeply listen to each other. Our relationship is so great now.

8. I don't mean to sound like some hippie stoner but I feel like when I'm smoking weed I feel like its the only thing besides women that makes me feel truly happy. :toking: :munching:

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. #29 halowmrstoner, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
    it has given me a deeper appreciation for life and the longing to see all individuals connect. It has given me a clear sense of my own choices and those dictated by society. It has also made me more loving, caring, empathetic, spiritual and kind. It has turned me into somewhat of a hippie. I despise small talk, drama, and close-mindedness. Through it, I've learned to love myself and to be open to every race and ethnicity. 

10. Same kind of stuff for me that everyone else is discussing.

Weed has been a tough ride for me in some ways, but worth it all in the end.

Basically, I didn't think about the world at large that much and then when I started smoking weed, it made me think really really deeply and pretty much ripped apart my entire view of existence and that troubled me for a while.

I started thinking obsessively about global warming, government conspiracies and also really over analysing social situations, relationships and the meaning of life etc.

Eventually though I got my head around my thoughts and now I just have a positive clairvoyance that I don't think I would ever achieve without weed.

It also helps me to relax and think objectively about my issues, and like others said, be able to use my insights to improve my quality of life when sober.

It also made me very conscious about my body and health and all the things I ate and did. I pretty much went from a shabby diet, over keen alcohol user. racist, ignorant hoodlum, to a calm, almost alcohol free, empathetic, healthier, wiser individual.

It also made me much smarter by seemingly improving my ability to think creatively and to see through mental barriers so to speak and really livened up all the different functions of my mind.

Without weed, I would never be the man I am today. I'd probably be dead, in a gang or in prison or something lol

11. Well here recently it has…...

Caused me to fail a drug test and lost my job.

On the bright side I already have another job (took 5 days to find a new one) and they don't drug test

needless to say Ill be toking it up tonight :hello:

12. It taught me how to let go of things I cannot control. For the last 20 years Ive taken back alot of control in my life, but in certain aspects i took to much control and Im learning to let that go.

13. It's amazing how much good the herb does for people yet outside of its users it gets a bad wrap. If only more people understood.

14. It's put a huge strain on my relationship with my adult daughter. She is very anti weed.

15. made me more calm and less angry. just generally more chill.

16. its given me a crutch to use in avoidance of problems in life

17. Made me more social and broadened my horizons

18. Growing will always be a way of life for me. I have not gotten high in 380 days and am still planting seeds Today, and realy did! :D

19. like others, weed opened my mind and makes me have stronger opinions, weed made me generally have more energy and happiness, increases appetite, and taught me the mind is powerful.

20. When someone who isnt me was younger, (in high school), they sold and smoked lots of weed. Then this said person got caught and sent to an 18 month juvenile program. Then After, was in the U.S. Army for a couple years. Now this person smokes to help them with a lot of issues they developed due to the Army life style and deployments. Works better then the med's given by the V.A., less side effects. When you smoke, you generally make different friends, that's mainly how this other person's life has changed since.