Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Has Weed Changed/affected Your Life?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by orbweaver, May 25, 2014.

1. #1 orbweaver, May 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
    Just starting some conversation I guess. How has weed changed or affected your life?

For me, I'm 40, and late to the stoner game. I only recently started smoking on any level approaching a lifestyle. I just had a pretty square lifestyle when I was younger. I'm kind of glad I didn't smoke weed very much when I was younger because I think it might've been more likely to be out of control. 

I used to occasionally (as in, VERY occasionally - maybe a few times a year) smoke when my friends had some, but for the most part, never knew where to get it. Also, the stuff we had seemed to always be of unpredictable quality. 

I now have a medical card and started using weed regularly. Typically I have some weed toward the end of the night (a few hours before bedtime, when I'm just relaxing and winding down anyway - hanging around the house, watching TV, listening to music). Typically just little bit (at the amount and frequency I find effective for my physical symptoms) via vaporizer but sometimes I'll go ahead and smoke some and get really ripped. I'm mostly a night time user, I don't really like to be high during the day. 

Since weed has been a part of my lifestyle, I feel like I'm starting to have access to parts of my mind that I didn't have access to before. It opens up my imagination so that I visualize things really easily and my spatial imagination is much better. Math comes more easily to me than it did. 

I've started to have a huge appreciation of music (especially really complex music with lots of instruments - like classical orchestral music) that I didn't used to have and I hear things in the music that I never noticed before.

I've started to have more respect for everything else I put into my body and started to think of the coffee I drink as a drug as well, I've cut back on the caffeine a lot. 

Also... I have epiphanies about my life sometimes when I'm high, I just am so much more grateful for everything in my life than I used to be, and I had an epiphany that I create my relationships with other people and that I don't have to be a victim of my life. I realized that my relationships with other people are a mirror of what I"m experiencing in myself. 

2. I definitely agree with that grateful part. I feel like it opened up my eyes to the real world and taught me to appreciate what I have and be more frugal with my parents money. I feel like it also taught me to be grateful for my family and spend more time with my parents and my grandparents while I still have them around.

Could be me maturing or the weed making me a better person... I'll go with a little of both.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. Im one of those people who 'let it affect them' too much. that being said, i have no regrets.

4. Weed has been nothing but positive for me. When I'm high, it returns my mind to the way I viewed the world when I was a kid. Marijuana revived my imagination. Also, I learned to manage my anxiety better through smoking. The "overthinking" part of the head high used to be a problem for me, but I self-tought how to discern between which things I didn't need to worry about, which I can still apply to my everday life when sober.

• Like Like x 1
  5. it opened my eyes up to things..got to meet people...

wasted a lot of fucking money and time tho

like anything....in moderation is best

life is best when you're moving....too much pot can seduce you to stop moving

6. I got a job as a grower in a warehouse and I pretty much never have to pay for Mary again.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. It has definitely had its ups and downs for me. 

As someone who used to grow, deal, smoke multiple times a day, as well as been arrested for weed (all before my 21st birthday), I have definitely learned my limits and the importance of trusting my body and mind. 

That being said, I've recently been accepted into graduate school and I still continue my habit, at a much healthier pace, of course. Smoking has done wonders for my PTSD and anxiety. Like anything else, the key is moderation. Even though I had to learn that lesson the hard way, weed has been a critical part of my path to self-actualization.

:hello:

8. Provided me with a lot of experiences and fun times with friends/people. And still does to this day, I quit smoking awhile ago and only vape basically now. I couldn't deal with the tiredness and lack of motivation while smoking but when I vape I feel a clear headed high and I'm ready to go. How has it effected my life? In a big way, though all I really feel while high is lazy/relaxed on an Indica or a head high on a sativa, music really echoes in my mind while medicated. I think the past year, weed has made me a overall happier person.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Good for you OP. Weed definitely opens up parts of your brain 

10. Welcome to your own personal age of enlightenment OP.

Enjoy!!!!!!

11. It is actually inspiring me to change my thinking about things and improve certain parts of my life!

12. With me i am still young so weed has influenced a lot of my life. I am currently 18 years old but started smoking at the age of 14 (my 14th birthday to be exact). Before i started smoking, it thought i would never do any drugs in my life, now i smoke every day and a lot of what i do does work around it. Now weed has fucked me multiple times i would suggest if you are to start toking, i would say do not do it at a young age, wait till you are older maybe 18-20 would be a good age to start. Although weed has fucked me, it has also given me many things. I now have a job as a manager at a dispensary in California making very very very good money for someone my age and feel blessed for it. I also have met many of my current friends through smoking and they are all chill and laid back people that i can trust with almost anything. I have also had many medical problems and weed has helped way more than i could have thought (ie depression, ADHD, asthma, and high blood pressure).  

13. it has calmed me down, making my life mostly stress free. also it is a medicine for my epilepsy.

14. that must be the best job ever if its legal. i dont care what anyone says, id have a great time playing around with weed plants all day and the awesome smell of dank. plus u get to pocket some? damn

15. #15 orbweaver, May 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2014
    I had an epiphany today from weed... while I was really high I realized that I have been unhappy because I have been making life choices from past experiences... like not finding love because I was protecting my heart too much... what would I ask for in my life if I was not making decisions based on the past?

What if I could go back in time in my head and let my younger self make my choices for me instead. What if I used my life experience of my hurt to empower me to do things instead of stopping me from doing them. Did I really get hurt that bad. I proved I could survive being hurt. I could survive it again and I need to start taking the chances again.

Also. What if I wasn't connecting to people because I wasn't opening up and I was waiting for them to connect to me?

My connections with people seem so much richer and deeper since I've been smoking up because I'm not as reserved

16. It might sound sappy, but weed helped me realize the person who I really am. And that I don't like that person, and I'm already changing for the better.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #17 jdlsdlsl, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017

18. Cons -
    It's illegal here so it has made me a criminal in the eyes of some of my friends and family which is really stupid.
    It makes me have less money.

Pros -
    It has honestly been a suicide prevention method for me. There's times where I've been so down in life and just wanted to off myself but honestly I was happy as hell getting high and blocking out my problems. That's not the best thing to do but it REALLY helped and I never had to take any stupid pills. It eventually led to me finding what makes me happy in life and I no longer need weed to feel happy Or at least never will get so depressed that offing my self will be an option.

It has made me life long friends and changed my view on the world and people in general in a more positive way

It made me see how good weed really is and that not only would it be my drug of choice I'd never have to do anything else because my favorite high is the safest thing out there. So take that DARE I never started meth after hitting a joint the first time.

And let's not forget if it wasent for weed id never be on grasscity?!

19. Not spending time with your kids(outside, garage, closed doors) because you don't want them to see it. OR just as bad, not doing things with your parents or square friends because it means time away from pot or doing it "around" them.

It's a terrible, little talked about side effect of overbearing marijuana laws and unscientific societal taboos, but it is all too real and it sucks. 

The absolute worse thing about pot is It can divide loving people at times, I've lived it.

20. weed has made me realize you dont need alot to be at peace. you can literally close your eyes and breathe. sure, the world will shift around you, but it cant harm you if your at peace in your own mind.