My First Grow Using Mr Grow Pro Case

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Nickvio0294, May 25, 2014.

1. #1 Nickvio0294, May 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
    Hey guys so I got two seeds germinating now using the paper towel method got those babies damp and wrapped up in a contained just waiting for them to pop!

for soil I used a mix of 1/3 perlite 1/3 peat moss 1/3 miracle gro organic mix.
    my PH is around a steady 6.5 to 7 and I flushed the soil in preparation for planting my little guys : )

this is my first time so i need a lot of help!  here are some pics to show you how its going : ) 

I also cleared out the drainage bucket today as well.

for nutes im using miracle gro liqua feed i dunno if this is a good idea or not if not i guess I can bite the bullet and order some fox farm but this is my first grow so I figured id keep it basic.  But any tips please share im about 400$ into this and want it to work out so if im doing something wrong please tell me so I can get a wonderful harvest!

Also I got superthrive but Im unsure how to use it : c

My light cycle is 20 hours on 4 hours off they are autoflowering as well!

Attached Files:

2. I would highly advise to not use MG organic. 1. It's just terrible, I bought it once without reading any reviews thinking hey it's organic it must be good! Wrong. your seeds will pop up, but within a week or 2 they will start yellowing and growth will stop almost completely. and 2. It's false advertising that they somehow get away with, It's not really organic.

I would highly recommend Fox Farms soils, either Ocean Forest or Happy Frog, I prefer Happy Frog!!!
    Good luck man!!!

3. I read that a lot of folks have luck with the miracle gro organic also is my PH good?

4. #4 Nickvio0294, May 25, 2014
    I think the miracle gro organic will be fine i read around and tons of people have had luck with it.
    just gotta be care with the nutrients.
    I think I will go and pick up some Fox farm nutes instead of using the miracle gro nutes when the time comes.

Also I am VERY confused on how to feed nutes and superthrive to my plants.
    I have 2 3L pots that I will be using start to finish since I have autoflowers.
    How do i know how much to put in?  Do I mix the nutes with water?  How much do I water the soil when I do water?
    I flushed the soil yesterday and letting it dry up until my germination happens any advice?

All the labels talk about Gallon pots and I have Liter pots so i am just so confused

5. Good news!
    My Skunk auto germinated with that little white root tip : )
    Just planted it into the medium today I made sure not to touch the root and be very very gentle i Planted it root facing down and made a small depression about the tip of a pen in the soil and lightly covered it 

the lights are really close when i put my hand underneath its warm but not hot so i think im going in the right direction!

I also checked PH before planting its sitting at about 6.5 - 7 which is excellent!  im growing in soil.

Here are some pictures!!!!
    Guys please help me I want this to work : )

Attached Files:

6. Next time around I will invest in fox farm I just cannot afford everything to be the highest of quality since im just starting but thank you so much for the input!  I read that it works for most people,  I think people just tend to add too many nutes and burn them : c i dunno i guess will see how this goes if its a failure than lesson learned but for my frist time miracle gro at the home depot it is!

7. I added zero nutes, and that happened.
    Good luck though!

8. #8 Nickvio0294, May 25, 2014
    Thank you!
    So many mixed reviews on the MG organic mix so i guess we will see what happens.
    Am I doing everything correct so far?

9. I would not add nutes they have time release watch for nitrogen toxicity with this soil

10. I dont plan to really add nutes unless the plants ask for them.
    Humidity in the case is around 28% or so and when I checked them earlier first knuckle deep the soil was dry so i lightly watered with a spray bottle and i mean LIGHTLY i also sprayed some water around the case to increase humidity a tad
    A lot of the problems I read are from people OVERWATERING rather than underwatering so im careful when it comes to that.
    its about 80 degrees in the case as well.  Just playing the waiting game til it sprouts now i guess.

11. Yea better to underwater with the soil cause water makes the nutes release

12. That is the most helpful tip I've gotten so far thank you!

13. This bagseed I started inside also in mg soil but ended up translating outdoors besides some minor nute burns and nitrogen toxicity she has grown great

14. This bagseed I started inside also in mg soil but ended up translating outdoors besides some minor nute burns and nitrogen toxicity she has grown great 2014-05-24 11.00.40.jpg

15. Update!

Last night my blue dream still didnt germ so I decided to put one drop of Superthrive on the papertowel covering it and let it sit while I slept.  
    Well low and behold it germed overnight!
    I made a small depression in the soil about the size of a pen tip and planted it root down and lightly covered the little guy.
    Checked both pots soil PH is a steady 7 at the moment which is fine im using soil.
    And I lightly misted both pots this morning with a spray bottle I also added a TINY drop of superthrive to the soil right above where i planted my other seedling to see if it helps promote its growth because he hasnt poked his little head out yet : c
    I also have a meter that tells me if the soil is too wet or dry and its reading wet which is good.
    I think im gonna leave it alone until tonight before I go to bed give it a misting if it needs it and go to sleep : )

16. Crazy how fast she grows man. You will do great

17. Thank you so much you have been a great help subscribe to my grow and I will keep checkin in on you too : )

18. About how long does it take for the seedlings to sprout?
    Its been about two days on the skunk 
    and one day on the blue dream.
    I pre watered my soil one day prior to planting and have only been lightly misting the top of the soil twice daily once in the morning once at night but that is only if the soil is dry first knuckle deep which is usually is since im using a 20/4 light cycle.

19. I always get soil put in pot sit outside and come back in 3-5 days to a sprout hasn't failed me yet lol