I Am Looking To Get A Greenhouse Started

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by Mr. Alaskan Thunderfuck, May 24, 2014.

1. #1 Mr. Alaskan Thunderfuck, May 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
    I live in SoCal and I want to get a 10x10 green house started. I want to grow 4-6 plants and I just want .to use outdoor weather only. I understand Cannabis is a weed.

I got a couple questions that need answering first before I buy a green house and start growing in it plan on growing other crops in like: Tomatos, Bassil, Mint, Catnip, Strawberries, Oregano, Squash, Venus Fly Trap, and possibly more.

How big of a pot should I put a cannabis in?

How much sunlight per day does a cannabis need?

How often should I apply nutrients and pesticides to a plant?

What is a good growing medium for seeds?

How good will fox farm and perlite work for the cannabis?

What is a good brand of nutrients for soil?

How good will this greenhouse work?

2. #2 hammerhead777, May 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
    If you want to plant, you should hurry before it gets too late for new outdoor weeed plants. We are reaching the end of the time-frame to plant.
    \nHow big of a pot should I put a cannabis in? Well, depends on how big you want your plants to get. I use 10 gallon pots and I LST (low stress training) my plants to keep them bushy and short. It didn't work too well with 2 of my current plants so I had to stop doing it for those two but the other one (different strain) loved it.
    \nHow much sunlight per day does a cannabis need? Well, I've seen most people recommend between 3-5 hours of direct sunlight everyday, the more light the merrier. You live in California so don't worry about sunlight, you'll get plenty :)
    \nHow often should I apply nutrients and pesticides to a plant? Well I use a 3 part nutrient line called Flora Series from general hydroponics and it works great. The bottles have the feeding schedule on the back and it tells you how much you should use for every stage of growth. As for pesticides, stick to natural remedies, you don't want toxic shit fucking with your plants.
    \nWhat is a good growing medium for seeds? What do you mean? To germinate them? This link is good
    \nHow good will fox farm and perlite work for the cannabis? Not sure, I don't use Fox Farms but most weed growers love it. Definitely one of the most widely used soils to grow Cannabis.
    \nWhat is a good brand of nutrients for soil? I use Flora Series from General Hydroponics and it works great. I've heard great stuff about Fox Farms nutrients too.
    \nHow good will this greenhouse work? Not sure, I don't have a greenhouse, I just jumped in to answer the other questions :D

3. I already planted mine. I am looking into a green house for privacy reasons and the fact I can grow in my own back yard

4. Oh alright. I don't have experience with green houses but my guess is that as long as your plants get enough light and wind (getting rocked back and fort by wind strengthens the stems) then it should be alright :)

5. #5 Mr. Alaskan Thunderfuck, May 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
    from what I researched, its just like outdoor growing but with a lot more control. I got to deal with Santa Ana winds  These winds can easily exceed 40 miles per hour. My plant handled it nicely. I had to pull it though.

6. You could build that greenhouse yourself cheaper, but convenience might be worth a few bucks.

Next year I will have ventilation in mind when I redo the plastic.

Those strong winds will really stretch the plastic when it softens in the sun. I spent $44 for 2 rolls of 6mil plastic and I expect to replace it every year.

So far it's working out good for me. I'm mostly learning what I need to plan for next year.

7. alright. I found out there is a hydroponics store u near were I live (cheaper then online) they got fox farm for 15-20 dollars a pack. I am probably gonna mix together a compost for my outdoor vegetables.