Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What Are The Regulations For Legal Cannabis In My State?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Superjoint, May 24, 2014.

1. #1 Superjoint, May 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
    [​IMG]
     ​
    What are the regulations for legal cannabis in my state?
     ​
    <div>For all curious cannabis connoisseurs, the legal limitations of use, cultivation, and distribution of cannabis per state for citizens 21 and older. For a more in-depth look at the laws click on the state name.
    Name of State ( Limit of Weight of Cannabis Per Person, Limit of Plants Per Person)
    • Colorado (1 oz, 6 plants)
    • Washington (1 oz usable cannabis / 16 oz cannabis-infused solid / 72 oz cannabis-infused liquid, 0 plants)
    What are the regulations for medical marijuana in my state?
    Medical marijuana states have enacted legislation that legalizes possession, and sometimes cultivation, of medicinal marijuana for state physician approved patients and/or their designated caregivers. In some states, collectives or dispensaries exist to help create safe access to medical cannabis.
    Are you eligible for a medical marijuana card? How many plants are you allowed to grow? Find out below:
    Name of State ( Limit of Weight of Cannabis Per Patient, Limit of Plants Per Patient)
    *States with stars next to them accept medical cards from other progressive pot states.
    States that have decriminalized cannabis
    Decriminalized states are states that have removed criminal penalties (arrest, court, jail time, fines, etc) for possession of pot, usually replacing them with a fine or ticket. Please note that many cities have their own laws that may differ from state law. Penalties may differ for hash/concentrates/edibles/etc.
    Name of State ( Limit of Weight of Cannabis Per Person, Maximum Punishment)
    States that have criminal penalties for cannabis
    These states have no state-wide decriminalization, medical marijuana, or legalization legislation enacted. Anywhere in these states it is possible to go to prison for pot possession. (arrest, court, jail time, fines, etc) for possession of pot./yexas Please note that many cities have their own laws that may differ from state law. Penalties may differ for hash/concentrates/edibles/etc.
    Name of State ( Limit of Weight of Cannabis Per Person, Maximum Punishment)
    • Alabama (Any amount, 1 yr jail time / $6,000 fine)
    • Arkansas (>2lbs, 4 months - 2 years jail time / $750 fine)
    • Delaware (1oz, 6 months jail time / $1,150 fine)
    • District of Columbia (1g, 6 months jail time / $1,000 fine)
    • Florida (>20g, 1 yr jail time / $1,000 fine)
    • Georgia (1oz, 1 yr jail time / $1,000 fine)
    • Idaho (1oz, 1yr jail time / $1,000 fine)
    • Illinois (>2.5g, 30 days jail time / $1,500 fine)
    • Indiana (1 joint, 1 yr jail time / $5,000 fine)
    • Iowa (1 joint, 6 months jail time / $1,000 fine)
    • Kansas (Any amount, 2 yr jail time / $2,500 fine)
    • Kentucky (>8oz, 45 days jail time / $250 fine)
    • Louisiana (1 joint, 6 months jail time / $500 fine)
    • Minnesota (1oz, $100 fine)
    • Missouri (>35g, 1 yr jail time / $1,000 fine)
    • New Hampshire (Any amount, 1 yr jail time / $2,000 fine)
    • North Dakota (>0.5oz, 30 days jail time / $1,000 fine)
    • Oklahoma (Any amount, 1 yr jail time)
    • Pennsylvania (30g, 30 days jail time / $500 fine)
    • South Carolina (First offense, 30 days jail time / $200 fine)
    • South Dakota (>2oz, 1 yr jail time / $2,000 fine)
    • Tennessee (First offense - 1/2oz, 1 yr jail time / $250 fine)
    • Texas (2oz, 180 days jail time / $2,000 fine)
    • Utah (>1oz, 6 months jail time / $1,000 fine)
    • Virginia (First offense - 1/2oz, 30 days jail time / $500 fine)
    • Wisconsin (Any amount, 6 months jail time / $1,000 fine)
    • Wyoming (“Under the influence”, 90 days jail time / $100 fine)

</div>

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 StonedScholar, May 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
    Great post and a long time coming for sure

Edit: New York is coming closer to medical cannabis. It's currently being weighed in a senate committee I believe.

3. Hell yeah, Oregon's got you all beat!

4. it is great you compiled this. For pennsylvania, 30grams is 30 days in prison. Does this mean each gram is 1 day in prison?

5. Great post and a long time coming for sure

[​IMG]

6. I think there needs to be a subtopic for cities. Here in Chicago, anything under an ounce is a fine (not sure how much) so long as it's not on a place where children are present. (Such as in a park, playground, etc.) Smell is not probable cause, and thus you can't even get a paraphernalia charge unless drugs are also present. (Can someone else from Chicago verify that last part?) 

7. This is incredably helpful, Great post

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lol at enjoyandlive's first post, I'm baked so that completely threw me off guard homie.

And I hate SC. There's no way my Lil red state's gonna push legalization.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. lets go michigan

10. West Virginia isn't even listed...

11. #11 EerieSpaceDeer, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014
    Who does the rendezvous for the caboose loose Goose. Geodesic miner.

12. does anyone know how long it takes to ship to utah?

13. And I hate SC. There's no way my Lil red state's gonna push legalization.

[​IMG]

14. #14 will825, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014
    Pretty sure Massachusetts is a 100 dollar fine

Edit that. Makes us look bad lol

15. #15 Storm Crow, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014
    Beware of National Parks and monuments! I just found this today-

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/citydesk/2014/06/05/the-consequences-of-smoking-pot-in-d-c-depend-on-where-youre-standing/

The Consequences of Smoking Pot in D.C. Depend on Where You're Standing
    Posted by Josh Kramer on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Unless Congress objects, in July the Marijuana Possession Decriminalization Amendment Act of 2014 will take effect in D.C. But to say that pot will be decriminalized in the District would be an oversimplification. While possession will be reduced to a $25 civil fine, you still won't be able to walk around with a lit joint. And what happens when you stroll, fatty in hand, onto one of D.C.'s 23 national parks, even if you don't plan to smoke there? Step onto federal land, and things become very different.

Under the new law, the smell of marijuana would no longer be probable cause for the Metropolitan Police Department to stop you. But walking around smoking pot or holding a lit joint or pipe would be a misdemeanor crime akin to drinking in public, earning you up to 60 days in jail and/or a fine of up to $500. “The big change is simply having it on you, or possessing it, is reduced to a civil fine,” says criminal defense attorney (and former D.C. Council candidate, running on a decriminalization platform) Paul Zukerberg, who estimates that 80 percent of his clients are charged with possession, not other marijuana-related crimes like intent to distribute. Having a prior record or more than an ounce of pot will still trigger larger fines and longer sentences, but the bill is intended to reduce arrests-an ACLU study last year showed that 91 percent of the people arrested in D.C. on marijuana charges are black, despite equal usage rates by white and black people nationally.

Walk around the corner, and yikes. Even drum circle–friendly Malcolm X Park is administered by the National Park Service. In the two states that have legalized weed, Colorado and Washington, the Park Service has made clear that on its land, federal law comes first; at a recent congressional hearing, the acting chief of the U.S. Park Police said his agency would do the same in its parks in D.C. Thus far, they've been pretty aggressive: Since 2009, more than 27,000 people have been cited for smoking on U.S. property, a federal misdemeanor that can net up to six months in federal prison and/or a fine of up to $5,000. The next time you're strolling around the monuments and want to light up, maybe wait a few hundred feet: Your punishment may be many times greater if you're caught on the feds' land.

Josh Kramer is the editor of the Cartoon Picayune.

Camping season is here. I know I'll be going camping later on this summer.  However, I will be sticking to the California state parks. And I'll have a full-sized copy of my rec in the van, besides the little 1/4-sized one I keep in my purse!

Granny

16. ahhaha

17. In Missouri, Stl is decriminalized, and Springfield, Mo is basically decriminalized even though it's not a legal thing yet. Hopefully Missouri is on its way to decriminalizing it!! 

View attachment 1475324

Im also from chicago and I'm pretty sure if the piece you are using has resin on it you can be charged. Also, it is 15 grams or under not an ounce that is decriminalized, with a fine of $250-$500. I was in a group that was smoking in a park around 11:30 pm and a cop came up to us and said "you can't be doing this here because the park closed at 11pm. In my experience the police and other residence of chicago are lenient. However, the law in chicago states that if you are on federal or school property the decriminalization laws don't apply. 

Cheers  :bongin:

19. hi guys, who knows not expensiv marijuana firm?

20. Now, when it became legal, it is not so expensive, but if you're interested,ALPC not very expensive judging by the comments on other forums.