Why Are Thousands Of Ants Underneath My Pots?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by CurriePower, May 24, 2014.

1. Hi,

I was moving my plants today slightly more into the sun and when I picked it up I saw that underneath the pot were literally thousands of ants crawling around. There were so many I couldnt even count them. Does anyone know why these ants are under the pots? On one of my plants there were some crawling on the stem as well, but only about 10-15. Can ants harm cannabis plants and do they eat the leaves or roots? If they are bad, how should I prevent them from harming my plants?

Âny help and experience is greatly appreciated.

2. Dude LOL , who's counting Ants

3. go to the store and buy borax.. mix 1 cup borax 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water, boil.. let cool, pour a little into an empty soda can, smash it down so dogs cant get into it. put the can by the ants. they will come for it and take it back to the nest and kill everything.. the end..

4. Ants can carry aphids onto your plant so yeah listen to mike raze the earth with em.

5. Mark a boundrie with diamatacious earth

6. My thoughts exactly.

On another note, It's been about a week... Whats your ant situation, bud?

7. kill them sons of bitches in a plant friendly way.. ive had some in mid summer make a nest in my medium,, guess they were thirsty cuz they were stripping up my stalk and gatherd in spots where they could get to the moisture.. they appeared to be fire ants but alls i know is i hit em wit that flex n killed em lol...

9. Yeah man they have been a real problem for mee too. I want to get rid of them but not harm my babies at the same time.

Ive tried some neem oil for spider mites I had on one plant and I put it on all of them as a preventive measure. Im not sure if that will help with ants though.

10. sevin-5 dust killed the ones i had last year, can get at home depot wal-mart, lowes etc.., sprinkle on the ground or even on your vegging plants.. just dont put it on flowering plants ( i still do sometimes early flowering because grasshoppers will chew cola stems in half and not even look back.  but do my damndest not to get on buds.just sprinkle on bottoms of the cola stem and around the plant during flower.