Tallglassesofmilks Fox Farm And Cfl Closet

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by tallglassesofmilk, May 22, 2014.

1. Just wanted to let everyone know the cost so far since I labelled this a budget grow.

The seeds cost whatever the amazing 30%+ thc adub I bought, savored and found them inside of (probly 60 an 8th cuz I was crazy).

The fan was 10. The lights were 15$ for the cords when I bought them both about 2 years ago (not for growing). Bulbs were 10. Splitters for the bulbs were 3 each. I have two. Foil was $2. Water was .88 cents from the water store.

Now I want to give a huge shout out to Jeff from 55 hydro in tustin? CA for the amazing deal I got on the last couple items. I saw them on yelp and they had a deal going (pay $10 get $20 credit) and I immediately bought one for me and my fiance and went in. Jeff was very helpful and I'm sure knowledgeable but I didn't really bother him too much. I walked out with a quart of Fox Farm Grow Big, a 1.5 cu ft bag of Fox Farm Ocean Forrest mix, 4 5 gallon pots, and 4 trays for drainage for under $25!!!!!

2. Couple new pics

Attached Files:

3. I added the 4 x 100 watt equivalent CFLs @ 5000k. I couldnt find these in 6500k but I read that 5000k is closer to blue than 6500k and it may be better. Anyone know? Also I will be adding 2 x 400 watt equivalent bulbs in a few weeks. These new ones were just added as we speak and I'll post pics later after they perk up. Looks much more blue in there already.

4. Some new pics after I cleaned them up a bit.

Attached Files:

5. I might flowers these soon. Any advice on timing would be helpful. Check the scrog top pot. Should help as this gal was getting bushy as heck.

Attached Files:

6. I spent about an hour trimming these guys and making sure they were pulled out as far as I could get them to stretch. I'm guessing theyll grow enough in about a month and they I'll start the 12/12. Maybe a week sooner depending on how fast they stretch.

Attached Files:

7. Also I fed them about 2/3 a gallon each with 2 tbsp sugar

8. Any carb will do for feeding your microbes but the best source is the blackstrap molasses... it is the lowest grade of molasses but has lots of micronutrients. I have been watering with molasses for my past 3 waterings. I also use molasses to moisten my mix as I am making it to give the microbes something to feed on while it activates. So you are planning on removing the grids you put on the pots sometime soon if you are vegging for another 3-4 weeks right? You could flip to 12/12 now and easily fill those little grids with the stretch.

9. All the reading I've done leads me to believe that a 400 watt HPS for flowering would be a good idea so instead of adding two more cfl bulbs I will be adding an hps 400 watt hood reflector and inline fan to vent since I'm working with a closet. Will post once shipped and installed.

10. Yeah the little screens are like training for the real scrog. I appreciate the extra info on the molasses

11. Lol I posted this on icmag forum and some guy told me I'd probly get an ounce and a half and I should be happy with that.

12. haha yeah I am pretty sure you can expect at least an oz / sq ft once you get your processes all dialed in and I would think easily an oz each plant at least this first go around.

13. We found some black strap at mothers market so we will grab asap.

14. I think this will be a perpetual grow closet journal just to show folks out there that may be skeptical about doing this that it I'd truly worth it. Every step of the way and every penny spent to start this end up being worth it in the end because you can noe sustain your own medicine needs, your family or friends' needs... To me thats totally worth the time and effort. I guess y'all can decide when I have the pictures to prove it.

15. Places for buds everywhere...

Attached Files:

16. Couple questions:Should I even add tiger bloom and big blood. If I haven't already? And should I cut these guys loose from the screen or keep it thru flower?

17. This is the smallest. To anybody who reads this or scrolls through the whole thing... I can't believe this weird looking seedling turned out so dang healthy! The others are beasts and I'll get pics later or when I move the lights up in about a week.

Attached Files:

18. Just flipped them to 18/6 since basically everyone says it is better for the plant. Easier on it... Helps yield... Helps time it takes to grow... The perks seem to be endless.

19. Just took some quick shots after turning them and moving the lights up an inch or so. They keep moving along faster than I can believe.

Attached Files:

20. Just mixed up some baby formula (1 gal water, 1/2 cup big bloom, 1 tsp grow big, 4 tsp tiger bloom and 2 tbsp blackstrap). Sprayed them with 1 oz each mostly on the underside of the leaves. Also gave them a cup each into the soil.

With the fox farm ocean Forrest mix I've noticed it will take 5 or 6 days to get dry to about an inch deep. I've been feeding them about a half gallon each with maybe 10% runoff. Well the last time I fed was grow big only at 5 tsp strength. That was Friday and for some reason today the soil is almost dry. This is why I've fed them a bit today. It is their first time receiving big bloom and tiger bloom and I wanted to introduce them to it before the full feed of around a half gallon or so with all nutrients.

Basically, I'll be feeding 2 tbsp black strap all the time. The nutrient solutions given on the first week will be(per gallon) grow big at 5 tsp, 2 tsp big bloom and the molasses. 2nd week is 1 tsp grow big, 1/2 cup big bloom 4 tsp tiger bloom.

Attached Files: