Are Those Trichomes Or Confectionary Sugar?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by turtle360, May 22, 2014.

1. Hit them with a watering with brwon sugar or some molasses to get some extra trichomes

2. #22 turtle360, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
    Thanks for the (free) advice.

Don't you think it's a little late to be ramping up the nutes. They just got amongst other things a tsp of Fox Farm veg and bloom nutes.
    And when you say 2 weeks behind, behind what? You suggesting two more weeks till ready or retarded compared to the rest of her anatomy?

3. My mistake I skimmed the first few posts before replying. I don't know what the issue is, I am guessing though it's a trait from the ruderalis in the autoflower genetics. It's very leafy, it looks a little deficient of magnesium and phosphorous possibly. I would recommend just letting it grow out visually until it looks full and swollen. It will look a lot less hairy too as the pistils retract. I'm guessing that it will probably develop a bit more later on in its life, but it could also be a dud phenotype. I don't have much experience with auto flowers, only grown maybe 4-5 total ever but I know that there's a huge range of quality. Some autoflower seeds are weak, whereas I've had some that were incredible and unexpected. The genetics can vary just like femenized seeds.

Also, there's no way you can harvest that in a week, auto flowers are advertised strangely, but it's 60 days after you first see preflowers (usually 3 weeks or so). You are a lot closer to 4 weeks away than 1 especially looking at those pics. those buds still got plenty of fattening up to do.

4. #24 moreherb, Jun 5, 2014
    Trichs normally show up around week 3. What the guy said above about it being an autoflower trait he may also be right. Its never to late to add some kind of an additive to your plant. Around week 5&6 sweetners and pk boosters are called for. I use a 0-10-10 pk booster early than a 0-50-30 later on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. What type of light is it under, in your picture it looks like 6500k color temp.

6. Are you sure? They are pretty ripe in the second set of pictures that he posted.

7. #27 turtle360, Jun 5, 2014
    The picture was taken outside it's "home". It resides under a CLW SolarStorm 440 LED. It's in bloom setting now and has its uv lights on. And there are four bulbs 40 florescent watts each which are 6500k.

8. I don't believe for a second that the lack of trichomes has anything to do with its environment. Back in the first bunch of photos it was a picture of health and I would have expected a glistening white frost for sure. I would say you got an unlucky seed. I wouldn't use that breeder again, there's many others to choose from.

Autos usually take around 10 weeks. But however long this one takes its not going to resemble a white strain, it just can't. But that doesn't mean it's not good smoke. I grew some Gainesville green a few years back and they didn't have many trichomes but the bud tasted great and was potent as shit.

I would up the flower nutes slightly for this week and flush in the last week. The breeder usually states the earliest practical timeframe, but the optimum is usually a couple of weeks longer

9. Following popular wisdom that autoflowers fare better with less rather than more I never considered reaching for the premium boutique products in the Fox Farm line up, the Beastie Bloom and the Cha Ching so to speak. They survived for 3 weeks on the Ocean Forest/Happy Frog mix then Big Bloom and Grow Big at 1/4 the dose only lately adding Tiger Bloom. So, the higher P feedings came late in the game. And the reduced doses persisted. The plants didn't seem to be asking for more. The ill timed flush I did on one of the plants may have revealed a low supply of nutes cause it wiped out the N and caused yellowing which isn't being reversed.

If this grow takes 4 more weeks I don't know if she'll make it. The buds still look healthy but........

10. I think I might make 2 weeks if being green above is enough to sustain itself. It's losing lower leaves. Other than the flush they've been treated well. I'm a little disturbed she can't shake off this one transgression. The strain is advertised as a tough one. P1010701.JPG

11. They look great man. The yellowing is a little earlier than I would normally expect so that's why I would carry on feeding for an other week but whatever you do, you aren't going to get huge changes now at this late stage. They look great so I wouldn't worry