Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone Like Smoking More Than Vaping?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by stj529, May 20, 2014.

1. #1 stj529, May 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2014
    I just don't like the high the vaping gives me as much. It's hard to describe, but smoking just has a more effective, longer lasting high. I use a pipe too, and don't have a bong. What do you guys think?

By the way, I use the DBV

Update
    So I tried something a little different yesterday...I vaped a bowl to completion in about two hits. I thought that maybe I wasn't getting high enough because of the session being stretched out. (30 minutes for two vape bowls compared to 5 minutes for one bowl in my pipe) Honestly, it didn't make that much of a difference. I guess vaping just isn't for me. I use weed to relax after a long day, but I want to get STONED off my ass at the same time  :bongin:

2. Well I prefer bongs over anything but the vape high is great, lasts longer, more intense high, and just feels 'cleaner' overall. 

I will never pass up a vape session.

3. Vaping always makes me tired and its more a pain relief feeling than a head high. Also feels more of a body high.

I like to mix it up, pipe, bong, joint, wax, and so on...

4. Vaping > smoking, but that doesn't mean smoking doesn't have its effects aren't desirable.

I vape 95% of my weed now a days

5. The vaping high is definitely different, but after vaping, smoking feels just gross. And the high doesn't last as long and the weed doesn't taste as good. I vastly prefer vaporizing as it gives the added benefit of conservation.

6. I stopped smoking because of all the black tar i was coughing up, now that I have only been using a volcano vaporizer for awhile now I can never go back. I enjoy not having harsh hits and a much better flavor/high. I will have an occassional bong toke once in awhile

7. I think smoking is a more intense high, personally. I vape mostly to save on weed, but smoke when I really want to feel it. Vaping is more relaxing to me regardless of how much I hit it, but a few bong rips knocks me on my ass.

8. #8 tstick, May 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014
    Vaping doesn't conserve weed (flower) for me. It takes more weed to fill a load in my Da Buddha than it does to make a couple snaps for my bubbler. As far as the high is concerned, I vastly prefer smoke to vapor -flowers, that is. Smoking produces a heavier high that can be "dosed" much easier. It would take me a lot more vapor to get the kind of heaviness that I can get from only a small amount of smoke. So, it isn't a way to conserve weed -in my case.

Having said that, I find that doing dabs is THE way to really take advantage of vapor. A dab of shatter or 5 star bubble is SUPER-tasty and a SUPER effective way to get the highest! 

9. I now only ever smoke really high quality indicas when I can find them.
    Vaping them dont do too much. But a bong snap of some Black Diesel or some purps will rock me to sleep

Vaping, I found has made me less tolerant to weed than I alreadt was, especially smoking it.

Vaping is dopeness! Vape as a primary means of weed intake amd reward yourself with a HQ bong hit before bed to get laid the fuck out

10. That's the problem. I used to have a DBV but honestly there are far better models out there.

11. Prefer the smoke lifestyle tbh. Vapes are amazing tech, but it's so clinical.
    I like to kick back at my desk and play a bit of league with a doob hanging out the side of my mouth, just isn't the same with a vape.
    Go to a party and bring that vape, pass that weird ass balloon around the room, all you're time is spent managing it.
    Joints' toke/pass/forget mentality is far more social imo.
    It does help that I can roll drunk-onehanded-blindfolded-in gravity boots.
    Maybe I'm just getting old and don't like change o0

12. I pref dabbing to all of the above

13. I do it all. Been partaking for many years now, each method of consumption has it's positives and negatives. Each has it's differences in highs IMO.
    I Vape with my Extreme Q, whips or bags depending on my mood. MFLB for places I know I will be indoors or in the car for places like the drive in.
    I enjoy sitting out back headphones on smoking a joint.
    I'll hit the bong for a more intense high.
    I do quick snaps from my pipe for a quick high that will carry me through the doldrums by getting a quick solid hitting high. Perfect for gatherings where I am the only toker around.

Vaping is my fave because of stealth, ability to do it in my man cave(perfect for long cold Canadian winter nights), the wife makes some kick ass edibles with my remnants and it does somewhat conserve for me. (even tho I don't need to conserve).

14. I prefer vaping but i always wrap it up and put it away so nothing happens to it. Unfortunately i usually end up forgetting i have one and go to the steamroller. Thinking about getting the mflb.

I just like the vape high better for me i get a more mellow feeling. Plus it's always fun when your done and a few minutes later all of a sudden it just hits you!

15. i enjoy the cleaness of a vape, but other than that, i'd rather smoke a bowl. honestly, dabs are where it's at for me.

16. honestly I find the high from vapes a lot more intense , the first time I hit a vape i remember saying "it feels like im on pills or some shit". i think i might prefer the vape high honestly

17. I agree, and I get high MUCH quicker while smoking. With vaping I can never get to where I "need to be." I've never dabbed, but man, the more I hear it sounds great.

18. It's not a matter of the way I vape either. I know my weed is good, two hits in the pipe and I'm where I want. With my DBV, I usually do two bowls, which are both dark brown in less than 10 hits, and I'm still not as high like I am with the pipe. Does anyone else experience this?

19. Yeah smoking is way better but vaping is still amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum