Texas: Pot Brownies - Teen With No Criminal Record, Faces Life In Prison

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by MrBehr, May 20, 2014.

1. #41 Anonymous_Stoner, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    The criminal justice system is so fucked up i cant even contemplate how fucked up it is. There are sex offenders and rapists getting off the hook serving 5-15 years in prison when this kid is going to serve 5 to life for making some pot brownies?

#gaveuponhumanity

Last post of page 2, they dropped the charges after getting enough signatures.

3. Glad to hear.

4. The cops are probably trying to get him to sing, he probably knows more then how to cook some brownies hahaha! Anyhow when cannabis is legalized for recreation use I'm sure he will be released, life in prison for some space brownies is barbaric.

5. Well that's a plus

6. yea they dropped the charges only after the people did a total rage and petition. The system is set up to reward winning, nothing to do with what is right or just, or in the true interest of the people.  And in most places in this country if you have a dirty pipe, they can charge with the weight of the pipe. Could be worse, it looks like unless Jackie Chan can pull of a miracle his son might be executed for a few ounces.

7. Crazy. Like on Cops when they don't just weigh the weed but the weight it when it's in the bag

8. Damn that is some fuck shit man... God bless this kid and hopefully he receives the best possible sentence. And just some little info it's been on my local news very frequently lately about medical marijuana in Georgia. Slowly but surely the south will legalize hopefully

9. I heard about this crazy man if that happens

10. What's worse is most Texans support some form of legalization, we just have no way to start a vote on it other than to elect officials who support cannabis use. And as OP already stated, Texas concentrate laws are brutal. They treat it like a hardcore drug down here, and if I remember correctly the penalties for under an ounce of concentrate is worse than cultivation of six (or four, again I can't remember exactly) or less plants. If only we had initiative ballots down here, we'd easily be able to change the laws

11. There should be huge protests against this. Riot til this man is returned his freedom.

Same goes for the lady in Florida who fired a shot into her kitchen wall to scare of her abusive husband. She got 20 yrs. What happened to stand your ground? Ohhh right doesn't apply if you're black.

12. I just looked at his facebook page and he was able to take a plea that allowed him to get 7 years probation. There was a petition with 200,000+ sigs and marches for him. So everybody can feel better now knowing that at least he's not in jail! [​IMG] [​IMG]