Texas: Pot Brownies - Teen With No Criminal Record, Faces Life In Prison

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by MrBehr, May 20, 2014.

1. No conflicts of interest going on considering John Morgan made the lion's share of his money with tobacco settlements and is the one pretty much bankrolling this whole thing? If he doesn't want you smoking one, I doubt he wants anyone to have access any way they need it for the other, and the provisions of Amendment 2 follow every other state adopting such laws. There are slight variations state to state, but it pretty well all follows the special interests funnel. Amendment 2 follows suit. Sorry.

Wait until November, confused one.  :smoke:

3. There's always gotta be somewhere that will try to make an example of how they disagree with legalization of pot. The farther the pot movement goes the harder the haters will push back on little situations like these. It's just that peticular county trying to flex the last muscle they have before every state legalizes weed completely.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

4. heard about this yesterday, laughed at the fact they weight the entire batch of brownies.  Dumb logic, I can't make a batch with 10g and sell it as 700, bahahahaa if only. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Really feel bad for the kid though, hope he gets out, max he should get is a $200 fine, no probation.  IMO

5. #25 Sgtstadanko707, May 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
    Some of the states back east/ south like that are whack. When they find plants. They will weight the rootball
    And all and count it against you. You have 1lb in flowers
    that weights 5 lbs dirt stems and all. You are gettin busted for growing a 5lb plant.

6. ill drive to texas this summer to picket, who's with me?

dead serious though if he gets convicted the whole GC population needs to go there thats absolutely wrong

7. seen this in action..was a hoot...in Missouri.
    Missouri sucks btw.. :bongin: 

really...no sarcasm there..Missouri absolutely sucks. :cool:  

Not necessarily. This particular case being discussed was because the ingredients were infused with hash oil, which is why they weighed it the way they did. I've never heard of a single soul getting possession charges for dirt on top of their actual plant matter. 

I don't see him doing life in prison but I get the fucked up feeling he'll do his 5 years.... 

9. What do you mean. There have been plenty of people that goat busted on here and Said it happen. They won't take the dirt but what ever is left on the rootball will be considered total weight.

10. There was a case here in MN a couple years ago where the dirty water inside a bong was included in total weight. (Granted, it was meth being consumed in the case.) But the MN Supreme Court upheld the decision even. It was one of the most insane decisions yet out of our SC in this state. Dirty water is a controlled substance up here. Literally.

Ya you keep running around in circles there danko. 

12. I'm pretty sure I've read an article saying that there will be 3 MMJ bills brought up in 2015 for texas. Decrim/legalization/medical. apparently there is a lot of support so hopefully at least one of them passes

13. That is so not cool. Five years at least is the most ridiculous thing I've ever Hurd

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. yes sir we had a wonderful turnout march in ft. worth.. over 2000 marched and burned good good in the streets...

15. #36 the420grudge, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
    Yeah I live in Texas also. I really hope some  or all of the 3 proposed bills pass. I for one will be going to Austin for these votes. BtW....join Texas Norml if you haven't already .

..and vote out every single incumbent politician from office each election, that will send a real strong message to the new employees of the people... :bongin:

17. While I do like the sound of that, the problem is that then the unelected bureaucrats get more power.

18. Yeah. Uh how has that been working out for them. You really belive voting works in this country.
    Haha. Put down the pipe.

19. Don't mean to necro this thread, but as of a couple days ago they dropped the charges on this guy because they got enough signatures, thank god..