Organic Vegetable Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, May 19, 2014.

1. Virginia wine is fucking great dude... Give it a try if you get the chance.

2. I'm gonna get fat with all the food they are throwing at me! Lol

Gonna try dabbin' for the first time tomorrow (night) I think lol

so i hear..

please see my post in the lounge.. :bolt:

A couple of things and nothing I'm sure that you aren't aware of. I'm having similar problems.

Weather: Night time temps: If it is above 74* (or so), at night, flowers won't set. Nothing you can do about it, but something to be aware of. Not quite a drought yet, but very little rain so far. Way less than normal. I have a feeling this is affecting fruit size even though the plants get watered. Everything around them is dry bone.

Cal and Mag: If you are lacking, a lot of things don't happen, like flowers not setting and blossom end rot. I didn't lime this year, but did add gypsum. IDK, maybe I need some of that good old Ca Carbonate in there. Too much N of course and you get tons of green growth and no flowers/fruit.

Bees: Someone in the neighborhood started a hive because there are way more bees than last year for what little good it has done. 

It is also my heirlooms that are suffering. I have one hybrid, a cherry tomato, Sweet 100, in a 20 gal pot that is doing fine. The heirlooms (Mortgage Lifter), are in the raised bed and just bumping along. I've yet to eat one and I really, REALLY, want a mater sammich. :cry:

IDK, I really DK, but my gut tells me the overall lack of rain more than the heat is the culprit here.

Wet

Dude dabbing is so fuckin awesome... I am going to be doing a whole plant once I get a decent supply of flowers on hand.

6. #1486 Budz23, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    Haven't posted in a loooong time. Garden is doing pretty well, except for my lettuce and root veggies, but it's a little warm for them. I will snap a pic or two when I get home.

The petals fell off of this about a week ago. Should be ready in a few weeks!!! Yes, it is the "good" ones.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406149130.077247.jpg

7. Poppy Plant?

As my chubby cutie, Rachel Ray would say, ..........  YUM-O!!

Wet

9. Yes sir, Steve. Got some (like a few thousand) seeds from a buddy.

Your gonna have to fight me for her Wet! Something about that girl.....

10. Don'tcha know?

Wet

11. Hey.....both of you better keep your soil-dirty, ganja and veggie growing paws off ma lady!! I'm the president of her stalker....I mean fan club :p

12. Coming home to a packed bowl is so cool! Sometimes the wife and I think so much alike it makes me wanna puke, hahahaha!!

Here are my peppers....holding up against the scorching desert heat ONE HUNDRED FUCKING FOURTEEN degrees right now (cue the studio recorded screams and distant somwhere baby crying)...
    1406160778982.jpg 1406160795408.jpg

Eggplant is still kicking too...and serving as cover and concealment for this fella....only reason I saw him is because I'm high as heck and I was focused on the underside of this leaf for a while until I actually realized what my eyes were looking at...man I'm stoned....:D
    1406160936171.jpg

13. My maters aren't looking as good as usual this year either.  I think your right on target @wetdog.  I have one plant in an SIP bucket which is really outperforming the others in the ground by a lot.  I think the constantly full res is key.  

14. Re:stoned - good for you buddy! Very nice. :) I will say that I am not jealous of your weather - just wow!! I honestly don't know how you do it.

15. I get used to low 100s pretty easily now but then I go home to visit Ohio and question EVERYTHING when I get back here :lol: When it gets back down into the 90s, it's comparable to how most people feel when the temps are in the 70s....easiest way I can describe it.

16. i grew up in florida, so hot doesnt really bother me. however...that head-in-the-oven desert heat sucks the wind out of my lungs. 5 days in vegas over a 4th of july weekend and i couldnt wait to get out. you desert dwellers are lunatics i tells ya.

i'd be in my boxers in front of a/c all day. air conditioning is mankind's 3rd greatest achievement after fire, and the wheel. 

17. Aphids have snuck back on the property so I brought up my latest Garden Guardian for reinforcements
    gardeng.jpg

I knew them deer bones I found would come in handy...My bone tree bells. 1406225985620_IMG_20140724_131214_569.jpg

18. I can take the heat, it doesn't bother me. Humidity, however....fuuuuuug that. Oven > Sauna

19. A/c is definitely an essential item out here. Beleive it or not though, even that constant hot wind can be gotten used to. Most homes come with pools here as major selling points. Heck back when the market was at it lowest, the subdivision next to me started offering free pools with home purchase. Living in the desert is surely not for everyone but I like the fact that I can shoot, fish, hike etc practically everyday of the year. When we want to play in the snow, we drive to it. When we get tired of the cold, we drive back home. I've talked to the wife several times about moving elsewhere just because we both love the rain. I've wanted to move to the northwest but the desert really does grow on a person.

Btw....it's 112 here right now....so you get the bad with the good.

20. #1500 Tree dogg, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    Here is why I belong in Maine or somewhere similar.

We are in week 4-5 of the "hot" season here, lol, and I am sick of being sweaty and sticky. Probably maxed out @90F and 99% RH. The heat makes me short tempered fussy and lazy, kinda like a child.

Last winter was an extra cold and extra long winter, probably five months or so, and I hadn't got my fill by the time spring rolled around. :p