Organic Vegetable Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, May 19, 2014.

1. my raised bed tomatoes are not doing nearly as well as the ones I have in containers.... same varieties too. I think that the clay soil that the raised bed sits doesn't drain well enough.. the soil seems a little on the wet side to me.

Attached Files:

2. Grow all three.

PW

3. Last year my tomatoes in pots were clearly out-performing my in-ground tomatoes all spring and into the summer, until they stalled out due to container size.

Give it time

4. Orgy on the pumpkin? [​IMG][​IMG]

5. My grandfather used to hook a hose to the tailpipe into a hole and cover all but one exit. Sit on a hill with a 22-250 and take em out as they stumble out of the hole.

6. Gah I hope not. They're getting a Dr. Bronners shower tonight along with my Okra Aphids. I do have ghost chili peppers hanging in my room I might grind up and spray on them, but that's definitely a nuclear operation.

7. #3207 Chunk, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2015

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Here's a couple of useful links from our extension service here in Washington that you may find helpful:

WSU Hortsense

Fruit Handbook for Western Washington

Organic Pest and Disease Management in Home Fruit Trees and Berry Bushes

8. Finally took some snaps of the patio veg! Been real interesting mix of weather these past few weeks. Some sweltering hot mixed with some cooler drizzle days and even sun showers. Gotta say the veg had been loving the heat, specially the matters! 1435995979032.jpg strawberry mint

1435996095288.jpg mortgage lifter, you can see I've trained her around the cage and me shoots are growing inward!

1435996244480.jpg last year's raspberries return from the dead with some new tiny undergrowth!

1435996361795.jpg big ol wine barrel filled with celantro, mojito mint, jalapeño, cucumber, sweet Italian basal, arugula and kale!

1435996815239.jpg this little one came up on its own from last year and the others with the kale were planted just last week.

1435997000730.jpg sweet 100 going up a trellis
    1435997160678.jpg anybody know what these are? I'm guessing weeds

Attached Files:

9. These are supposed to be Thai Dragon peppers that I bought on Amazon.I am waiting to see what the pepper growers say on another forum.

GardenPhotos7_4_15 012.JPG

10. Nope they are not Thai Dragon peppers which I suspected. Don't buy seeds from eBay or Amazon as many sellers have no clue what they are selling.
    Next season I will get seeds from people on the pepper forum who give away just about any pepper seed you may need.

11. This June here in the PNW has been a very good month for growing my vegetables. My tomatoes are about 3' tall and flowering. Here is a view looking out the door of the hoop house and another looking back in the door.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been eating peas, broccoli and lettuce out of the garden already. I've got 2 more tomato plants out in the garden. This summer's variety of tomatoes are Sakura Red, Jolly Elf and Monica I grew last year and was happy with the results. I added Big Beef looking for that ideal sandwich tomato. There is cauliflower and brussel sprouts along with the broccoli. I have Yukon Gold potatoes in the blue storage bins. In the second picture I'm showing my butternut and acorn squash along with my Japanese and Marketmore cucumbers. In the foreground is my asparagus.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. I might have mentioned it before but I planted a whole mess of different types of potatoes in my 2 year old horse manure heap outside the barn let's say 3, maybe 4 weeks ago.

They seem to be liking it!

image.jpg

J

13. Willllllll ..... Burrrrrrrrrrr

Call em Horsey-Tots?

Wet

14. Well I don't remember buying, nor planting cantaloupe, but here ya go. I've got 2 of these vines, methodically planted underneath my corn, I remember planting something there but not what [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. You guys are Amazing Gardeners!

16. stoner.

J

Btw - nice melons....

17. once you, me, anyone gets off of chemical fertilizers and even casually embraces natural principals it's a really, really hard thing to screw up... Lol!

But seriously.

J

18. Tis the season to be looking at the far corners of your big-box store to find their neglected plants. I picked up Astibe, citronella plant, autumn sage all for $5 total yesterday. I took them home and watered them with a kelp tea, in a couple hours they were perky and looked like they had never seen the neglect of Lowe's.

19. these photo's were taken like a month ago

Attached Files: