Organic Vegetable Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, May 19, 2014.

1. I've also heard that the seeds can take a very long time and that if the root gets broken off in the process, it'll take even longer to come back. I have a total of 4 sitting on a window sill that I don't move just to be on the safe side.

2. Couple questions real quick please guys:
    I know clacks recipe for kelp tea requires a few things i dont have, so here my qs.
    I wanted to brew for 36-48 hours because i forgot about my tea and watered yesterday :blink:

I have aloe vera in plant form. Plant was uprooted a few days ago so roots are dead, but the vegetation is still usable, so could i squeeze the innerds into my bucket that is brewing?

I dont have fulvic acid, so i tossed two handfuls of worm castings from my bin in there, two tbs of molasses and two handfuls of chicken manure to treat a nitrogen def in a plant or two. Also tossed in a handful of peat moss for fungi.

Why do you guys wait to add silica at the very end of the recipe after brewing?

Is there any chance of any negative effects coming from brewing kelp beyond 24 hours?

Thank you to anyone who feels like helping me along.

~poke

3. Heya poke :wave: you can add the silica now if you want. Same either way. Fulvic is not a "must have"- kelp tea is still awesome without it. With the aloe plants, you could just blend up a whole filet and toss it in. With aloe you DO want to wait until right before you apply because the benzoic acid in it will begin to ferment pretty quickly. I haven't seen any negatives from a 48 hour brew, but I also didn't use ewc, molasses and all of that stuff, so might be smart to keep it at or under 24 hours.

TJ

4. Thanks a lot for the helpful info TJ!

5. Am I doing this right? Ghost Pepper. :3

IMG_20141022_173729 - Copy.jpg

Update on the Zolushka Potato Seeds~
    [​IMG]

7. After seeing the potato seedlings, I just realized what I've been ripping out of my worm farm, whoops won't do that again I've been trying to get some haha

8. Throw them back in the poo, theyll reroot!

Ive grown potatoes from rotten bags of slime where only a bulb or two were alive.

9. Btw, growin those potatoes solely in window light. Only fed them worm tea once a month ago. Transplanting into larger styro recycled foam cups (soda cups) as they grow :)

10. Nice well I guess there resilient, I reckon more will pop up though there always coming up in my farm thought it was a weed lol

11. Yeah, vermicompost contains fulvic acid most of the time, so anything that can have roots will have them if left long enough in the stuff.

Ive opened my worm bin to find pure white, leafless plants growing in pure darkness due to the compost and most likely fulvic/humic acid.

Next time you see one pull it out carefully, leaving compost attached to the roots and plant some in either a container or your garden and youll have a headstart on the neighbors. Or if you dont want them growing pull them out and theyll dry out and die on top and eventually the worms will convert them back into compost. Win/win :smoke:

12. Looks good to me. Sometimes i trim off non producing branches which makes the others thrive, but not often. Not at all since i started adding worm castings, no need, they produce enormous fruits/veggies

13. How ya doin everybody??? Been crazy busy with work and apprentice classes, I haven't been on GC in quite some time. Had our first frost last night, which I was attempting to stay ahead of. Of course, I didn't. So after work today I went out and picked everything I could salvage. I wrapped the tomatoes up, put them in a box, and down to the basement. Gonna pickle most of the peppers this weekend hopefully. I also dug up 3 peppers plants, 1 California golden, and 2 red chili's. Gonna toss them in the basement and plant another round of veggies. A little cold weather isn't gonna stop my veggie garden.

14. Oops forgot the pics. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414023720.216854.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414023740.307404.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414023758.994414.jpg

15. Yeah I love worm farms, and I think I will put em my garden, here's hoping Yvette chooks don't get to it again lol

16. That particular plant has 32 peppers on it atm.

17. I can't wait for my vegi garden to kick in :) but for now here are some flowers....... peace

Attached Files:

18. You guys have some beautiful gardens and flowers! Truly stunning! :D

19. I did go down the the cabin a few weeks ago. But I brought my bow in to get new strings and cables, and they fucked it up pretty good. I've spent hours trying to get it back to where I had it, but new issues keep popping up. I'm taking it to another shop tomorrow. Soon.......soon.