Florida Couple Fined 746 For Crime Of Feeding Homeless People

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by katsung47, May 19, 2014.

1. [SIZE=14pt]Florida Couple Fined $746 For Crime Of Feeding Homeless People[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]By Scott KeyesMay 12, 2014[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTj8txNc8-0&feature=player_embedded[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Every Wednesday, the Jimenezes feed more than a hundred people a hearty lunch with dishes of chicken patties, macaroni salad, and fresh vegetables, among others. The meals are entirely funded by private donations and staffed with volunteers.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]However, Daytona Beach is one of a handful of cities that enacted ordinances barring individuals from serving food in public. Last week, nearly a half-dozen police officers showed up at Manatee Island Park, where a long line of people had queued to get a meal, and served citations to the Jimenezes and volunteers.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2014/05<span style="color:#000000;">/12/3436712/daytona-beach-feeding-homeless/[/SIZE]</span>

2. That's pretty fucked up, those cops should be ashamed of themselves.

• Like Like x 7
  3. I agree with the wizard. That's totally fucked

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 esseff, May 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014
    If they truly believe in what they're doing then it's time for some civil disobedience. The only way things like this will change, and clearly the original ordinance was meant to stop people selling food not giving it away, then they have to challenge it. First, they must not pay the fine, and continue feeding as before. It has to end up before a court and with the press coverage that will quickly ensue, the system will be forced to back down, especially if they impose a harsher sentence as a result. Jail time would be ridiculous but you never know, but the more ridiculous the quicker it all changes.

However, they appear to just be complying and accepting it, which is just what the system likes you to do. Fuck the system, and fuck the police who speak with no heart. They are good people doing good work. It doesn't have to be stopped.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Its fucked up because its good people and a good cause...but the law is protecting people from getting fed under cooked food or dirty stuff, basicly they arent inspected and approved with a grade from the health department...

But there are proper channels to go through to be able to feed the homeless, they either didn't go through them because they didn't know or because they didn't care...

Hopefully they correct it and they keep on with the good cause

6. ..nah I already posted how much florida sucks yesterday..

7. #7 Dingus, May 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014
    the law doesn't care about homeless people. the law doesn't care about anybody except corporations. the government is owned completely by corporations who run everything through lobbying their puppets and pawns. In the eyes of the law,  anyone who doesn't become an obedient sheep is better off dead. That's why news agencys are constantly all obsessing over celebrities and whether or not they have zits on their backs. Anything to distract people from the truth.

And the truth is, there are people getting rich off of destroying our planet because they've gotten us so addicted to cars and material wealth. So they distract us with people like dustbin bieber. All the while committing atrocities, both on our soil and overseas.

• Like Like x 2
  8. hopefully theres a local church or business or something that will allow them to use space. seems like the most practical outcome if they continue

9. [SIZE=14pt]Cities all over America are becoming extremely cruel to the homeless[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Have you ever given food to a homeless person?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]By Michael Snyder | The Economic Collapse Blog[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Well, if you do it again in the future it might be a criminal act depending on where you live.  Right now, there are dozens of major U.S. cities that have already passed laws against feeding the homeless.  As you will read about below, in some areas of the country you can actually be fined hundreds of dollars for just trying to give food to a hungry person.  I know that sounds absolutely insane, but this is what America is turning into.  Communities all over the country are attempting to “clean up the streets” by making it virtually illegal to either be homeless or to help those that are homeless.  Instead of spending more money on programs to assist the homeless, local governments are bulldozing tent cities and giving homeless people one way bus tickets out-of-town.  We are treating some of the most vulnerable members of our society like human garbage, and it is a national disgrace.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]http://intellihub.com/cities-all-over-america-are-becoming-extremely-cruel-to-the-homeless/[/SIZE]
    tyty

10.  I'd much rather teach them how to fish, and if they dont wanna work a little for some food, they can go starve to death.

Florida is fucking full of canals and waterways, full of fish.  All you need is a hook and bait, which you can collect yourself for free.

Red drum, black drum, sheepshead, basses, snook, triplefin.. cmon, and that's not counting all the bluegill in florida.  All you do is sit and wait.. thats basically what homeless people do all their lives anyway so i dont get the problem here.  

While i dont agree with the couple being fined, i do think people should stop giving handouts, because it just hurts others in the long run and places a barrier between these people and self reliance.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I'm absolutely disgusted.

12. To be honest, it's a messed up deal all the way around, there are health codes that I am sure are the law enforcements "foot in the door" to mess with these people. If one is going to set up a good cause like this, don't half ass it, do the proper research on your local laws on food preparation and this could be totally avoided. Here's a hypothetical situation for you..say these fine folks were told not to continue feeding the people by police under official health code violations, but they decided to anyhow...now, someone in their non-inspected kitchen decides to have a raw peice of chicken by a pile of fresh fruit....not thinking because they aren't trained in food handling and only doing from the kindness of their heart...well now you have over 100 homeless people with salmonella poisoning flooding the hospital with guess what, no insurance or money to pay their hospital bill....their hearts are in the right place, they just need to get legal, maybe a small fine of 800 bucks will kick that one in the ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. I understand where Florida lawmakers are coming from with this one.  

Homeless people are bad for business thus the local economy. :confused_2:

14. Okay, that's totally F**ked up

15. #15 Thejourney318, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
    Lol. So sometimes people make the argument, 'The government shouldn't be giving handouts. Private individuals and organizations should be doing it, and they would do a better job anyways.'

Now we're just making the argument that noone should help them. Classic.

16. #16 World Freedom Fighter, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    For helping others? That's FL for you, world. Corrupt and behind the palm trees and sandy beaches, very ugly and messed up, their gov. Rick Scott is pretty much the Freddy Kruger of America, you can see more like this everyday just move there. I think the vote is in November, to pass a cannabis law correct? I hope the people come together on this one and Rise up to the occasion. Not be afraid of the police or government, that's all they want is to scare and control you. Let the power of the universe free up and legalize weed in Florida this year and kick their evil governor out. We have rights as humans and will not stay down. I love to see people helping others, that's one Law you cannot stop America, the Law and Power of the Human Spirit, which brings us all together as ONE

Praying for you all, keep doing good

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Bull shit. These laws don't protect people. They are there for control.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. http://youtu.be/bZ1jbygrDg8

19. no its not bullshit...homeless people have become sick after tainted meals givin to them by things like this...sometimes they dont....

thats what the laws are being put in place in certain places for(its a city by city thing, not a federal thing)

not a control thing, your conspiracy theory would sound better if you just said they did it to make money...

You're just a sheeple who has fallen for the old "food poisoning is bad" lie right from the NWO pressheets..

• Like Like x 2