Indoor/outdoor Organic Rastafarm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by rastallama, May 18, 2014.

1. .......I  honestly dont know how to respond to all of that. Im not gonna argue on my buddies journal, if you wanna think ignoring your ph and thinking that measuring runoff is pointless that is your loss. I was taught how to grow cannabis by my best friend he pulls ten pounds a run with 6 600s and we are always checking our pens, PH and runoff and these plants LOVE us for it! PEACE

2. #22 cdphalanx, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
    I believe it becomes an issue of if OP wants to grow the "best" cannabis or the "most" cannabis.

If yeild and $$ are the only concern then we will know not to waste any more breathe on the organic nonsense.

.... but if OP wants to grow organic, then you should leave your bottle mentality out of it as well... and the title says organic. (Note: bottles off the shelf are not included in my definition of organic)

I don't personally care one way or another and will smoke whatever you put in front of me, but I know first hand how difficult it is to be growing one way and getting suggestions for a completely different "style" that will only hinder progress and start arguments.

Both ways have their merits depending on what your goals are.

Sent from Mobile

3. #23 rastallama, Jun 1, 2014
    Tmfj2 Thanks for the education, always appreciate the info and LD is gospel for sure!

Dr... You da man and thanks for looking out for my garden.

CD... Werd

4. Sorry if my response came off as flagrant, amigo. That's not what I was trying to do at all. I was just saying that pH is not a concern in a living organic soil (which is what I thought rasta is goin for here). Checking the pH of runoff is very important in most other systems, but it really is not an issue in living soil..... I know that sounds crazy, but it really isn't. I encourage you to research living soil and Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC). It is a really fascinating subject. One book that I highly recommend is Teaming with Microbes by Wayne Lewis and Jeff Lowenfells.

Here is a link on CEC:

http://www.soilminerals.com/Cation_Exchange_Simplified.htm

5. #25 rastallama, Jun 1, 2014
    @[member="thomasmfjefferson2"] I am going for a LOS style of grow so you are spot on... You might enjoy this too... I made up a non aerated tea with kelp/alfalfa... I'm letting it soak for 24 hours with a few shakes in between, strain and use then re soak the mix 2 more times (3 runs total) before tossing into the compost... I figure this will make 3 increasingly weak teas which is what I'm looking for early on... Whatcha think?

@[member="DrSweetLeef"] everybody perked up and greened up after the transplant so I'm thinking they were rootbound and hungry not to say ph wasn't an issue, but things seem to have adjusted well... Even that goofy NYD looks happier! I hope that ends up being some super bomb pheno that grows funny but sends ya to the moon!

6. We are gonna have to get up and blaze soon. :bongin:

Sent from Mobile

7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401664379.835933.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401664389.818002.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401664401.050777.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401664431.718367.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401664464.368542.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401664503.118800.jpg

Outdoors looking nice!
    Headband and her friends...
    And a freebie in the back there... No sign of the clover in put in there...

Inside, everyone is happy after tea and transplant... even NYDiesel has perked up nicely... Last pic is Headband... I'm really excited about growing that...

Bought to hit that BlueCheese... Werd

8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401844921.501971.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401844935.286103.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401844949.902637.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401844964.202796.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401844978.985636.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401844993.336245.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401845006.819300.jpg

Nice day round here...
    Outdoors looks great...
    I took the indoors outside for a bit this afternoon and sprayed em down with just water... The NYD leaves have pale brown spots and one of the Freebies has what looks like fert burn on a leaf tip? Not too sure, but otherwise super happy and healthy!

9. I haven't actually ever used a kelp/alfalfa tea before although I know that some people swear by them. I'd tread lightly! Little seedlings don't need extra feedings. Definitely test it on a sample plant first.

10. Babies look awesome, though man. :) remember to LITFA and I think they will do just fine :cool:

11. Less is more :cool:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. No stress bros=] PEACE to everyone

13. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401992141.601196.jpg

Regarding my IPM and the idea of leaving things alone, shouldn't i be doing something at least 1,2,3/week? They are just about 20 days old...
    I was thinking of using;

a light neem cake tea spray (I don't aerate my tea yet... no pump)

Spray of aloe and peppermint

Also just spray with water and use a good fan...

There is neem cake an inch down in the mix...

IPMIPMIPMIPM
    Whatcha think?

14. IPM all the way, dude!

Im always slacking on mine, but I run something like this...

1gal H2O
    1/4cup Aloe
    1tsp neem oil
    1tsp silica (protekt, etc)
    1-3mL rosemary oil
    1-3mL peppermint oil
    1-3mL lavender oil

i 'try' and hit them with that once a week, but it sprobably more like once every two

15. @[member="cdphalanx"] thanks a bunch, as always!

16. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1402188837.976352.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1402188871.809002.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1402188885.444414.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1402188898.657905.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1402188929.407638.jpg
    Thank you sunshine!
    First though, the indoors...
    I put everyone under the 1000w HPS at 60% to finish veg and pre clone...
    All is well the NYD is weird but keeping up...
    One freebie has a split leaf thing going on...
    Headband and other freebie look great...

I put 4 more NYD seeds in soil since this one is awkward... Maybe it's a trait, I heard its finicky at first... I put the seeds on top of the light, nice and warm...

Outdoors life is great...
    It'll be interesting to see how big those little plants get in Mass. before the frost.

Super tasty gummy ragga bears.

Werd

17. wow man those lil outdoor seedlings look soo happy!

18. @[member="DrSweetLeef"] yeah, those outs look strong! My NYD inside has some trouble though, it's the slowest of everyone, and has dark brown spots on some leaves, looks a lil like burn, but it's not at the tips... It's also not as dark green as everyone else... Who knows... I dropped 4 more NYD seeds and we will see how they do. Take care!

19. G45 gave me a good idea for scheduling IPM sprays... first, grab a calendar. Then, mark everyday that ends in '5' as a neem day, and everyday that ends in '0' as a spinosad day.

I'd include aloe vera juice in all of the sprays for the saponins and the salycilic acid.

Neem is a great preventative measure. Spinosad is serious business for eradication.

Like CD said, you might consider grabbing some Potassium Silicate (Dyna-Gro Pro-Tekt or AgSil 16H), some peppermint essential oil, rosemary essential oil, and some spike lavender essential oil. The Linalool in spike lavender is a what makes most pesticide sprays (mighty wash et. al.) effective... it actually melts spider mite eggs on contact :eek:

Plants look fantastic buddy :) I'd start up the IPM sprays soon, when the seedlings are about 6-8" tall.

20. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1402365218.846238.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1402365229.111715.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1402365238.844901.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1402365247.011489.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1402365254.895753.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1402365273.494915.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1402365288.211449.jpg

Loving the indoor room as it's getting closer and closer to complete... Fan in the corner on the floor to be mounted soon... Temps go from 60's to upper 70's so far RH 50-60%...
    Sealed things up nice with Mylar and shiny tape...

I just watered everybody, but a lil droopy an looking like the soil might me a bit hot... Cycled for 4-6 weeks? Oh well, maybe it was 2-3 weeks... Doesn't look too bad...

NYDiesel noticed it way early... The Headband doesn't seem to mind!

Good to know though... I'm gonna go less bone/blood meals (tomato tone) and more kelp/alfalfa blah blah... bigger pots too...

Dank coconut and dank ragga bears...

Werd